The rise of the culture vultures

halftime

formerly halftime
We've seen this over the past few years a bit more thanks to social media

What is a culture vulture to you?

IMO you gotta make money off of what you're stealing to be a culture vulture

Never fully understood this concept but then again I'm white. I would consider someone like Slim Jesus or Iggy Azalea a culture vulture but not Macklemore.

I don't like Macklemore's music but from what I can tell he seems like a good guy who pays his respect to hiphop culture. Someone like Slim Jesus is no more than a mockery of the culture for a quick cash grab.

I'd define it as someone who has no inherent connection to a specific culture but partakes in it in a disrespectful manner for financial gain.

Last edited:
Macklemore raps about what he knows and stays in his lane

The kids who made hay Headphanie Hennessy bottles and opened up a pop up for it, yeah they're culture vultures

Last edited:
Vlad interviews are creepy. You got some of the hardest rappers on there looking like they taking part in casting call pron and get them to snitch. He don't never put his face in the interviews because it we be more evident what he's doing.

Titles of most of hosting videos or post are divisive for black people for the sake of entertainment or "urban news".

The no plug interview is an example of how low this guy will go.

Last edited:
Those cats choose to go on there. Umar johnson was pissed but Vlad didn't do him shady. Clck bait is done by all.

Vlad is a creep and asks the weirdest questions. Boggles my mind how people choose to get an interview with him.

He actively tries to get people to snitch on themselves all the time and somehow they fall for it.

This guy has people on his couch talking about they're gonna shoot somebody 
mean.gif

Vlad is annoying too. Why does he always restate what the person just said all the time.

"I met with the Migos when I was 14 and thats when the relationship started"

Vlad: "So you met when you were 14"

Yes man stop reasking the question. People need to stop going on unless he really paying them $$$$ that I didnt know about.

the only thing ive had a problem with "culture vultures" recently was the lilac company making a "headphanie" Hennessy & ATTEMPTED to claim they weren't stealing from Young M.A. I dont like her as a person after the recent video surfaced of her tryna herb a fan at a concert but no one should get blatantly ripped off like that lol

Saw a pic on twitter of a white girl on the train here in NYC trying to sell candy

People called her a culture vulture and I didn't get it.

He felt he was misrepresented in the short clips by the click bait titles. Called Vlad a **** boy.

He'll chop up a hour long interview into 2 minute clips and drag it out over a year. Nobody getting they're point across like that lol.

Last edited:
I think something missing from this discussion is a definition, or definitions of what black culture we're referring to. I'm getting tired of the assumption that black people are naturally drug slanging, no family values having, self-destructive people.

For the sake of this discussion I'll name people that seem to not care and maybe enjoy destroying black people or painting us in a negative light, while smiling in our faces and making money off of us.

-DJ Vlad
-Iggy Azaelia
-Miley Cyrus
-Riff Raff
-Lyor Cohen
-Jerry Heller (deceased)
-Jimmy Iovine
-Hillary Clinton
-Bill Clinton
-Tim Wise

He's up there.

Buying 21 Savage a lambo....

Steeling sounds from reggae to trap....

a grown man with crushes on women...

He just do so many cringe worthy things.

:lol:

How is drake a culture vulture when he raps about his up bringing all the time :lol:

You act like he's saying he was on the corner with them bricks to appeal to people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom