The 'Robert Horry' Argument: 'Stop it' (copyright: KLJ)

So a Robert Horry thread is going to turn into "who was the best player on the Lakers 2000-2002?"

Cuz that hasn't been discussed enough on NT.

Rings are a team accomplishment, they don't really define my opinion at all on a player, but I am in the minority.

Like if Tim Duncan were to win two more rings in his diminished state, my opinion of him would remain the same, I know what Tim Duncan was at his best, everything else that happens is pretty irrelevant.

Last edited:
I thought people only brought this up jokingly.....

Dudes need to stop using championship rings as the crutch of their arguments when comparing players altogether.

In the NBA it is a bigger deal than say the NFL, it will always be used.

Last edited:
It is a variable in the equation. How much weight you put on that one particular variable is up to each individual

I LOVE how everyone avoided this question!! LMAO!!
It was obviously Shaq, no debating what so ever.

Yep just like Lebron was the only reason his teams didnt win the championship between 2009-11. He did the reverse 3 peat.....the choke peat

Lebron will always be the fake MJ and you know it. The ultimate frontrunner

Last edited:
Is this sarcasm?

Half and half

If Shaq was the reason why the Lakers won then by that simple logic, Lebron is the reason way his teams didnt win championships from 2009-11.

The other stuff, I dont really believe it, I was just using some Skip Bayless rants

Last edited:
Rings don't define a player? LOL isn't that what all players play for? Isn't that why lebron jumped ship? Isn't that why Nash and Howard moved to LA? Isn't that why teams trade for better players? Isn't that why we watch the game?

Rings are a team accomplishment, they don't really define my opinion at all on a player, but I am in the minority.

Like if Tim Duncan were to win two more rings in his diminished state, my opinion of him would remain the same, I know what Tim Duncan was at his best, everything else that happens is pretty irrelevant.
Dudes need to stop using championship rings as the crutch of their arguments when comparing players altogether.
Robert Horry may never get labeled as being a "great player", but he had some great games and shots while playing with the Rockets, Lakers and Spurs during the playoffs.

lebron's 6 imaginary rings > *
Easily in the top 5 dumbest quotes in S&T history.
laugh.gif
Dude was dead *** serious about it.
Speak of the devil...

Rings may not define a player but this super team choking against the mavs will always be on lebron and lebron alone.

When lebron loses- rings dont matter

When he chokes with a super team- rings dont matter

When he finally wins on a super team? - RINGZ YO!

Rings may not define a player but this super team choking against the mavs will always be on lebron and lebron alone.

When lebron loses- rings dont matter

When he chokes with a super team- rings dont matter

When he finally wins on a super team? - RINGZ YO!

Back
Top Bottom