The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Baldur's Gate 3 has taken up all my playing time recently. That game has entirely too much to do and just exploring would get you into some funny hijinks. It's awesome. :lol:

Playing with others is fun too, especially when it comes to discussing important matters like if we should rob a merchant blind and sell his stuff back to him or not. :lol:

Baldur's Gate 3 has taken up all my playing time recently. That game has entirely too much to do and just exploring would get you into some funny hijinks. It's awesome. :lol:

Playing with others is fun too, especially when it comes to discussing important matters like if we should rob a merchant blind and sell his stuff back to him or not. :lol:

It has co-op?

It has co-op?
Yup. Up to 4 players online or 2p couch co-op. They have in game voting so you can choose what dialogue option to say to NPCs since only one person can talk to them at a time. It's quite well suited for co-op, as long as you're playing with people you trust to make the right decisions. You can totally go off the rails as well if you want to add some chaos to your playthrough. It's literally play how you want. :lol:

I would welcome a 8 remake just see them ditch the Junctioning system for a more modern style of play. That crap was so bad, I think I spammed GF’s most of the game because Junctioning was such a cluster-****.

Junction system just needs to be explained better, you don’t have to spam GFs. The game actually is very easily broken :lol:

Junction system just needs to be explained better, you don’t have to spam GFs. The game actually is very easily broken :lol:
I know that now, but 12 year old me didn’t understand having to farm/stock and apply specific magic spells.

I spammed GFs my first playthrough because i didnt know how to play 😂. When i got a little older and understood the junctioning/stocking system it became my favorite FF game. You definitely had more control over how you played in 8 compared to other FF games.

29 years since the third best Final Fantasy released. Hard to believe, time flies!
1697044971406.gif

Ha-ha-ha I remember this scene from the 6th best final fantasy

It’s my personal favorite because it was my first (7 I was young and didn’t actually play through until I was older) but I think 6 is the best. But I’ve only played VI, VII, IX and XV. Definitely gonna grab the pixel remaster eventually to play IV and V mostly.

danger style danger style rank em
Bad Religion Bad Religion you too I’m curious

I had X-2 and XII too as a kid but couldn’t get into them and haven’t gave them a chance since I got older
1. Final Fantasy IV (not THE best but a personal favorite- first FF I beat, music, characters, and story are :pimp: )
2. Final Fantasy IX (the best 8) )
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
5. Final Fantasy V
6. Final Fantasy X
7. Final Fantasy XII
8. Final Fantasy VII
9. Final Fantasy VIII
10. Final Fantasy XV
11. Final Fantasy XIII

Still haven’t played 16 yet 😭

Middle of my list changes frequently but I'd have to say:

IX
Tactics
VI
XII
VII
X
 XVI
IV
VIII
XIV
V
XIII-3
XV
XIII-2
I
II
XIII
X-2
III
XI

Last edited:
I really hope XVI’s gameplay evolves into something because holy s*** it is trash as of where I am at in the game. Everything else is on point though.

I think FF7 remake’s gameplay is exceptional but this really makes me miss turn based

These are so dope. I might get a few made for maybe my top 10 games of all time or maybe my favorite game from each gen/console.

Back
Top Bottom