The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man they better give GTA VI at least 6 months of breathing room :lol:

I know, I know different audiences but I wouldn't want to release anywhere near that game. It's not even because I think it'll be superior to MH but that game is going to be all anyone is talking about for a minute. The only thing that could slow it down is if the online component is lackluster and broken similar to GTA V when it first released.

Anyone play Chained Echoes?

I saw it on sale and a quick Google showed it was very well received. I grabbed it to add to the absolute nightmare of a backlog I currently possess.

Its bad.

I have 892 games in in my PlayStation Library and I am 100% digital. So they would encompass PS4, 5, and Vita games. Some PS3, but I didnt move full over to digital until PS4 anyway.

Using PSN Profiles and filtering everything into PS4, 5 and Vita games with trophies (so games I have played and earned a trophy in) I am at 426.

So that is roughly 466 games I have in my library I havent tried yet. Lets cut out half even, as games from PS+ that I wont play or games I bought on a whim, or Vita games I probably wont ever get to.

233 games I want to play, with the majority being big games. That's not including games I played enough to get a trophy but haven't gotten back to.

Add on the games coming and going from PS+ Premium, I have no chance of ever catching up.

Last edited:
I hear you man. I am not sure what mine is but it can’t be that much different. I am going to be moving through my backlog for the rest of my life.

Each year I am slowing down on buying new titles though which is nice but I still have a long way to go improvement wise.

I thought I was bad with my backlog being something like 120 games (and growing) between my switch and ps5 but damn 400+ :wow:

I'd put something in my will to leave if I got that high in count.

Yea, its such a waste. Not dissimilar to shoe collecting. :lol:
25+ years of collecting just to wear the same damn Cole Haan's to work every day.

I have contemplated getting a Steam Deck ( 2sappy 2sappy seems to be enjoying his) but know it would just compound the issue.

25+ years of collecting just to wear the same damn Cole Haan's to work every day.

I have contemplated getting a Steam Deck ( 2sappy 2sappy seems to be enjoying his) but know it would just compound the issue.

:rofl:

Copp the Ally if you go that route.

I played a little of Chain Echoes on Game Pass. It's got a little Chrono Trigger vibes with the graphics, but the game has other elements and minigames that definitely brings all the nostalgic feels of SNES/PS1 RPG masterpieces.

I will probably pick up down the road, but it will be after I dig into my backlog as well. I have roughly 30 games I actually expect to play through. Made a spreadsheet and all that to help me focus for 2024.

I played Chained Echoes and thought it was fairly decent. It isn't better than Sea of Stars nor Octopath Traveler II, imo.

I was going to buy BG3 for the Deck but the drop in graphics was too much for me :lol:

Last edited:

I'm currently jumping between Dragon Quest 11, Diablo 4, and the Castlevania Advance Collection on the switch. I'm so glad i got the Steam Deck for free. :lol: :nthat:

I'm currently jumping between Dragon Quest 11, Diablo 4, and the Castlevania Advance Collection on the switch. I'm so glad i got the Steam Deck for free. :lol: :nthat:
I put 3000 roms on my deck and promised I would get through some old games that I’ve been holding off on for years but I’ve just been playing Dave the Diver instead :lol:

Been playing Baldur's Gate 3 for a couple weeks and I'm loving it. Was a big fan of Divinity Original Sin 2 too

This video helped me really understand how to handle your backlog.

TLDR - Don't force yourself to finish anything you aren't feeling.

Also, remember that games are a source of fun. Completionist mindset can lead to your downfall. Pun intended for Jirard.

This video helped me really understand how to handle your backlog.

TLDR - Don't force yourself to finish anything you aren't feeling.

Also, remember that games are a source of fun. Completionist mindset can lead to your downfall. Pun intended for Jirard.

What you think of his apology?

What you think of his apology?
I didn’t watch his specific video because I wasn’t going to give him more views on his final payday, but I did watch the analysis breakdown by the 2 who exposed him.

I think he f***ed up like Caine in Menace II Society. All dude had to do was come clean like “Hey, I messed up and didn’t donate the money. I apologize for my actions and I’m going to take some time to reflect and get counseling/help for my issues.”

Dude doubled down and self-snitched on his embezzlement. People have stolen, embezzled, and committed far worse crimes, only to be forgiven and get supporters back.

All around he’s an ***. Both in dumb and hole.

Damn, I thought I had a big back log at like 20 games :lol:

I finished dungeons of naheulbeuk (got on sale) Tactic RPG that doesn’t take itself too seriously and cuts out a lot of fluff. Played on hard mode-and I lost a few times, but overall loved it. If you’re into tactics RPGs, it’ll scratch your itch.

Started up fire emblem three houses, It’s a bit heavier slice of life (like persona) than I would prefer, but still enjoying it. Looking forward to trying on the harder difficulties

Finished FF16 finally along with the xpac. I enjoyed it. Different than other FF games but I get why they went the ARPG route.

Back
Top Bottom