....The secret of real INFRARED color !!!

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by dkonstantinos

Ok! Step by step.....3 drops FIRE RED, 3 drops RIO RED, 5 drops TAHITIAN PINK, 5 drops PARISIAN PINK....And you have IR
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

***DO IT IN DAYLIGHT***

I also posted some comparison pics between IR pack and angelus-custom v/red's !!!

(...Customs, are these with the black air-unit...sorry for bad quality i-phone 3GS pics..)

Enjoy!!
i thawt u said u didnt use Rio Red?? 
ohwell.gif
First time i didnt, but when i mixed again the colors for these step by step photos, i used it as i describe...I think is better with rio red...I dont know!!..maybe next month i 'll find something even better....
wink.gif

Man, you definitely did right with your paint job. The problem I'd have is not having EVERYTHING match... the lace locks the Jumpman on the tongue, the V/Red air pocket. I'm impressed you went to the trouble of painting the Jumpman on the sole! I just wouldn't wanna put up with having it mostly Infra but not completely. I'd probably just leave V/reds as "back-up" VIs...

NO DOUBTS about Angelus tho! They are THE BEST paint co. for shoes. Period. There is absolutely no comparison. I've heard it from both a shoe repairmen who is VERY busy and well respected here locally as well as artistic and standard paint stores. Angelus is unsurpassed when it comes to being flexible & waterproof & is reasonably priced!
I'm repainting some experimental cracked-to-hell-and-back Aqua VIIIs soon (will post when I do) and they'll even accept sending them a color swatch to copy the color off of so you Don't have to buy multiple bottles of paint to mix the color yourself! They'll mix the colors down how you want them to match your needs & send it saving you $ome $cratch!

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Man, you definitely did right with your paint job. The problem I'd have is not having EVERYTHING match... the lace locks the Jumpman on the tongue, the V/Red air pocket. I'm impressed you went to the trouble of painting the Jumpman on the sole! I just wouldn't wanna put up with having it mostly Infra but not completely. I'd probably just leave V/reds as "back-up" VIs...

NO DOUBTS about Angelus tho! They are THE BEST paint co. for shoes. Period. There is absolutely no comparison. I've heard it from both a shoe repairmen who is VERY busy and well respected here locally as well as artistic and standard paint stores. Angelus is unsurpassed when it comes to being flexible & waterproof & is reasonably priced!
I'm repainting some experimental cracked-to-hell-and-back Aqua VIIIs soon (will post when I do) and they'll even accept sending them a color swatch to copy the color off of so you Don't have to buy multiple bottles of paint to mix the color yourself! They'll mix the colors down how you want them to match your needs & send it saving you $ome $cratch!
where they do that?

very nice! i just sold a ds infrared pack (not in my size). if i ever pick up a pair of varsity red vi's, i will keep this in mind.

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

where they do that?

Umm...at Angelus, the paint supplier. You mail in swatches (contact them first to let them know your intentions) & they'll match them as accurately as possible so you only have to buy the paint you need for a specific color, that way you don't waste $$ buying multiple colors to mix it down to one color.

Certainly no dis on the OP who, as I said before did a GREAT job mixing to get Infrared but most of us know that with a Primary Color (ehem, Red) and White & Black, one can mix dang near any shade of Red. This could work as opposed to buying 3 or 4 different shades of red to mix together, which really isn't necessary. It gets the job done obviously but at an added cost. Plus if you got the primary colors B.R.Y. + Green and bottles of Black & White, you could mix them into just about anything you want to match or create.

The KEY is to buy Angelus paint as they have an acrylic type agent in their paint that maintains a plasticity and flexibility for shoe & clothing applications at a pretty cheap price that you are not going to find from any other company. It's not the colors -those can be manipulated as needed, same as any paint. It's the quality of the paint bein put on valuable kicks like we all have and don't want to mess up with something that won't last.
I gotta say tho..."brushin" on paint with a toothpick is ballzy... If you're gonna do this right, buy a nice, small brush and eliminate some risk!
I want to replace my Aquas with a NDS pair but if I keep them long enough, I will likely repaint before I sell, if nothing else for practice in case it happens again on a nicer pair. I'll definitely post if I get that far!

so angelus has shops? or do we contact them by email and then send em pieces of our chipped paint? i really wanna do this. i repair shoes and i only repaint whites but this would help immensely on the colors

@dkonstantinos do you think it is possible to turn some varsity red to September blue VI's with the right mixture of angelus paints
if so,
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by fourfiftyeight

@dkonstantinos do you think it is possible to turn some varsity red to September blue VI's with the right mixture of angelus paints
if so,
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Of course you can...

Back
Top Bottom