The Situation Where A Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Appeared In Blackface For Halloween Wont End Well

info on the girl
nerd.gif

See the last two pages of the Warriors thread.
wink.gif

What blackface means historically and what it means when somebody does it on Halloween to impersonate a pop culture icon are two different things. It'sdifferent context. if you can't see distinguish the difference, then there's no use even arguing in this thread.

I didn't go out or dress up this halloween, but looking over some of the party pictures (my other friend is a photographer who shoots events like this), Inoticed that two of my friends chose to roll with blackface.

One was Lil Wayne, and the other was Big Black from Rob and Big. I was disappointed to see that they chose to do that, due to the history of blackface, butwhat dmbrhs said makes some sense to me. I'm not sure how to feel. I'm white and both of my friends were white, too, btw.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

If people dont understand the offensiveness of black face at this point then we haven't come very far at all have we?

meh.

i saw plenty of white people out there dressed as lil wayne and they pulled it off great.

none of them needed the black face to get the costume across.

she should have realized it wasn't necessary and that there was the possibility of this fall out.

Exactly.
but no ones offended about the mexican 'brownface'?

I'm offended by that too. That person must not have any sort of title or else they would be feling the same pressure.

Clearly she meant no harm, but she should know better.

It's Halloween..... chill out.

I'm offended by the Wayan's brothers dressing up as white girls.

I'm offended by any movie ever that has anyone portraying another race.

Boohoo, where's my box of tissues.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'm offended by the Wayan's brothers dressing up as white girls.

I'm offended by any movie ever that has anyone portraying another race.

Boohoo, where's my box of tissues.
word...its halloween calm down

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

damn people here in Dallas were calling in to the fan (sports radio station) and one dude actually said lil wayne is a black icon.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

pretty sure that guy with the lakers jersey in all black make up is trying to be kobe... hence the white girl

i dunno. why you ask for info lol. its just some skeezer at a club
Two points for kobe

It's Halloween. People dress up. The people that have problems with this are just examples of how priorities have become misaligned in this country.

i c nothing wrong ... ehhh oh well ... in this day in age i guess u can't do that stuff .... i wasn't offended at all .... i may have made a face or 2if i seen her in person but thas about it

I'm so offended at people that are offended that I'm offended at offended people. I'm just offended.

Did I mention that I'm offended to be offended at offended people?

Offended offended offended.

Originally Posted by King Beef

I'm so offended at people that are offended that I'm offended at offended people. I'm just offended.

Did I mention that I'm offended to be offended at offended people?

Offended offended offended.
LOL word now im offended that u offended
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why wasn't Derron Williams painting him white a problem?..Or the other player doing the same being Taylor Swift?...

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Wow, at least she went as a person. Those other two just went as "Mexican".

"Nice costume, who are you?"

"I'm a random Mexican person."

"
indifferent.gif
"
i laughed through the entire thread at this
roll.gif

and u know he prolly got a hi five and an alriiiight right after sayin that

Halloween does not = free pass. We all know it's offensive so stop doing it. What if people went around like "Nah it's cool, I can say the N wordsince its groundhogs day, or whatever else. See how stupid that sounds.

Back
Top Bottom