THE STRAIN on FX -- from Guillermo Del Toro -- Sunday, July 13 at 10pm

just started watching Episode1 and I'm ALL IN ...  this **** looks like it's going to be great 

Eff is that dude and the Pawn Shop owner is really bout that life.... 

Great start, can't believe FX got me rooting for Walder Frey tho :smh:

As much as I love GOT, he will always be Argus Filch from Harry Potter to me lol.

I just caught the first episode last night on popcorntime....what day does the show air weekly??

Good episode but I feel this show is gonna be the slowest burn ever
Just gonna drag on and on, with not much getting resolved. Still kinda enjoyable though.

Last edited:
Get the **** out of here?

That's C!!!!??? Calogero? Daaaaaaammmmnnnnn. The young version, I can see it now. That's him all grown up. He got fat and this role makes him seem like more of a lame.

love del toro's movies and pan's labyrinth is in my top 10 all time, but i'll give this 3 more episodes to make me happy or i'll drop it. so far, it's just ok.

I dont think Del Toro has much input on this show. I know he co-wrote the novels with Chuck Hogan but having his name attached to the show is prolly just a marketing ploy to get better viewership. Same thing Spielberg does. He just allows shows to attach his nam.

I dont think Del Toro has much input on this show. I know he co-wrote the novels with Chuck Hogan but having his name attached to the show is prolly just a marketing ploy to get better viewership. Same thing Spielberg does. He just allows shows to attach his nam.
ahhh i see.....yeah like spielberg and extant (which is a clunker so far). looks del toro directed 3 episodes. i hope the show gets better.

man, episode 1 was mad corny and cheesy, typical cliches. how are you gonna just totally dismiss information a random guy just gave you that no one else could possibly know.

ill still watch though lol. and :rofl: at that slap

I think there's just 2 types. The zombie ones and the regular ones who can blend in like the dude in the suit.

You guys know the brother that stole the clock from the pawn shop is Calogero from a Bronx Tale right :lol:

There was more than one. He was the younger Calogero.

Most are only gonna remember him from Kazaam/Free Willy or Veronica Mars.

I was going to ask if he was the guy from Veronica Mars. Heard he got locked up for real a few years back.

You guys know the brother that stole the clock from the pawn shop is Calogero from a Bronx Tale right :lol:

Thanks man, I couldn't place him at all. I knew he was the bloated version of someone :lol:

I'm about to give in and buy the books, I really wanna know how it goes down.

Sooo I missed last weeks episode and I noticed this show isn't "on demand"
Like...??...whadup wit that!

i have cox cable..all the other shows are there but no strain
frown.gif

These ppl aint ready. Old man moving slow to. This got me tense just knowing by the time humanity succeeds all of NY will be dead and possibly the whole east coast.

Did most people not watch last night? Pretty good episode and we got to see what one of them really looks like.

The beginning of last night's was wild. Basically a costume. Good episode and now they know the final stage of the infection.

Meh. Show is decent, but feels hollow somehow. If someone decided to never watch the show they wouldnt miss much.
Acting is still borderline amateurish and most of the time feels like they shoot everything in one take.
Maybe Im jaded cause Im watching a few ultra serious shows right now like Homeland, Americans, House of Cards so this comes off as naive

Last edited:
Oh yeah, :rofl: :x @ Goth guy's junk falling off in to the toilet. I shudder to think the mangled venereal looking private parts he showed his doctor/connect.

I officially can't rock with The Strain's vampire life. Immortal with no sex? Just living off sucking blood and pummeling ppl's heads all day? Nah b.

the way the old guy faded the hot cdc lady talmbout "you're not ready" 
indifferent.gif

like just tell her they are vampires 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom