THE STRAIN on FX -- from Guillermo Del Toro -- Sunday, July 13 at 10pm

View media item 1053368
I was able to see the 1st episode at a screening with Del Toro and some of the cast at this year's Austin Television Festival. Having not read the books, it was way different than I expected. I wasn't hooked, but I'm definitely willing to give this show a chance and see how it all plays out.

Last Summer FX sent out the first book in the trilogy to the higher ups in my office. Read it and immediately had to read the next two. By August i finished the series and have been waiting for the show since then. I have the first 4 episodes, but if I watch them now it means I have to wait until mid august for new episodes. either way, i am amped.

Watched tonight and it certainly has my attention. Didn't know it was based on a book series but might have to start reading them soon.

Great start, can't believe FX got me rooting for Walder Frey tho
mean.gif

I was gonna watch this regardless but yall should've let me know my boy Corey Stoll was starring. Great to see his Russo role led to this. Son alive, grew his hair back looking like he got some of his **** together. Seems he was banging two fine women in his wife and co-worker :evil:

This ep was pretty cool. Liked how they introduced ****, the mechanics of these undead zombie vamps, the CDC approach, the whole premise. Interested in the bad guys. How some of these civilians were so unaware of what was really going on reminded me of Tales From the Dark Side.

FX is bugging out right now; The Strain, Tyrant, The Bridge :pimp: Got half the week locked down.

I'm a try to catch a re-run of the premiere tonight
Hope they stick to everything that's in the book

:lol: can someone explain who it is y'all have a beef with, and who grew their hair out.

I'm not familiar with any of these actors.

Solid premier, I'm in for the season.

FX and AMC got the cable series game on LOCK!

:lol: can someone explain who it is y'all have a beef with, and who grew their hair out.

the main character, corey stoll.

Corey Stoll is the dude who "grew his hair" :lol: and everybody who watched S1 of House of Cards loves for being Russo.

The old dude still plays Walder Frey on Game of Thrones and he's a traitorous bastard that orchestrated the Red Wedding.

Enjoyed the premiere.

So they didn't find that air traffic controller's body after he got that mortal kombat fatality from that monster?
sick.gif

Nora though.
devil.gif

Didn't realize at the first that Setrakian was that scumbag Walder Frey.

^ Cable TV getting reckless. First it was the b word. Then the uncensored n word. Then it was the occasional s word on breaking bad.

Now they showing *** and peoples heads gettin beatin in.

Let's not forget late night stand up on the comedy channel. Ran into Katt Williams at 3am :wow:

Cable was not like this 10 yrs ago :rofl:

Yo the FCC has gotten lax :lol: I been noticing that with cable and a few basic channels.

And yeah :stoneface: @ them just forgetting about the air traffic control guy. Son been ghost with like 40 min to go. Barely a peep about where he's at :lol:

Checked it tonight.....Hooked

But how you dont see homie got that huge coffin in the whip 
mean.gif

Last edited:
About 45 min in and it seems to follow the book pretty well
Damn didn't peep Russo or fray at first
Only person I recognize is dude from Encino man :lol:

Well there's a few deviations from the book
But it's really nothing important
I'm guessing its just to move the story along

Not a fan of vampires (assuming thats what it is) but 1st episode was good. Season will be DVR'ed.

Another thing, :rofl: @ the father of the daughter just slapping Russo Eph like that mid announcement. That couldn't go down in real life at all :lol: Son would've been piled on by security in an airport of all places.

I would've slapped dude right back when he asked to see his kid.

Thought I was the only dying at the slap. :lol:

Homie daughter bout to murder him though. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom