THE TERRORIST HIJABI EXPERIMENT! VOL: iLLest

Exactly what came to mind. He seems like a cool dude but as a Muslim/Arab I cant cosign his videos

right...

man if he wants to extinguish any stigmas or raise awareness or be a boon for the Islamic community why not become an investigative reporter?

You want to be in front of the camera and act like you give a damn, book a ticket, fly to Palestine, Yemen, Afghanistan or Iraq and go show others how people really livin'. Talk about the drone strikes targeting innocent civilians, talk about the the raids targeting innocent civilians by the JSOC, talk about how our youth is dying. How our leadership is failing us. How the US government killed a US citizen Anwar Al-Awlawki and murdered his teenage son without due process.

etc...

But fam get your money, but don't act like you really give a **** about what's going on with our peoples.

'Cuz honestly? Most American born muslims? We've done well to assimilate into society on a social level. But at the end of the day our problems are FAR bigger than domestic ones. Do we face discrimination/racism out here in the states? No doubt, every damn day. 'Specially living in the south....

But this is some superficial **** that really doesn't begin to scratch the surface of our struggles. The inner conflict we feel when you're American born and muslim raised. I feel like I'm watching some sort of damn minstrel show sometimes when I watch some of his material, without the blackface of course.

and I ain't gon front like I'm any better, I ain't ****. But I am not gonna exploit our struggles while pretending like I'm somehow making a difference.

sorry, I'm feelin' some sort of way today and I ain't gon' sugar coat ****.

This.

I'm muslim and this video is pointless. I mean what do you expect people to do? Sure some might stand up and others might stay quite. Not trying to hate but this fousey dude needs to go back into depression and stop making videos. One day he making a video about pick up lines and next day he's making a video that he hopes will end ignorance. Keep making that money but stop acting like you care about Islam.

Talk about an oxymoron :lol:

If you didn't like the video that's fine,just keep it moving. No need to go around telling people to go into a depression :smh:

Exactly what came to mind. He seems like a cool dude but as a Muslim/Arab I cant cosign his videos

right...

man if he wants to extinguish any stigmas or raise awareness or be a boon for the Islamic community why not become an investigative reporter?

You want to be in front of the camera and act like you give a damn, book a ticket, fly to Palestine, Yemen, Afghanistan or Iraq and go show others how people really livin'. Talk about the drone strikes targeting innocent civilians, talk about the the raids targeting innocent civilians by the JSOC, talk about how our youth is dying. How our leadership is failing us. How the US government killed a US citizen Anwar Al-Awlawki and murdered his teenage son without due process.

etc...

But fam get your money, but don't act like you really give a **** about what's going on with our peoples.

'Cuz honestly? Most American born muslims? We've done well to assimilate into society on a social level. But at the end of the day our problems are FAR bigger than domestic ones. Do we face discrimination/racism out here in the states? No doubt, every damn day. 'Specially living in the south....

But this is some superficial **** that really doesn't begin to scratch the surface of our struggles. The inner conflict we feel when you're American born and muslim raised. I feel like I'm watching some sort of damn minstrel show sometimes when I watch some of his material, without the blackface of course.

and I ain't gon front like I'm any better, I ain't ****. But I am not gonna exploit our struggles while pretending like I'm somehow making a difference.

sorry, I'm feelin' some sort of way today and I ain't gon' sugar coat ****.

You really are feeling some sort of way :lol:

Excuse me if I sound like I'm throwin' shade on fam, it just that it irks me how with how western media misrepresents and outright lies about what's going on overseas with our nations that an individual like Yousef, with that type of viewership is limiting himself to WWYD vids and "ARAB PARENTZ LULZ" vids.

Fam is smart, he's clearly informed. I know he's not ignorant in the least. But if you want to make a difference then make a difference fam. Trolling campuses and putting random people on blast is just corny.

And believe me, there's nothing wrong with getting money while raising awareness. Guys like Suroosh Alvi have made a career out of it. It takes balls to extinguish social stigmas, this ain't cuttin' it.

Last edited:
Excuse me if I sound like I'm throwin' shade on fam, it just that it irks me how with how western media misrepresents and outright lies about what's going on overseas with our nations that an individual like Yousef, with that type of viewership is limiting himself to WWYD vids and "ARAB PARENTZ LULZ" vids.

Fam is smart, he's clearly informed. I know he's not ignorant in the least. But if you want to make a difference then make a difference fam. Trolling campuses and putting random people on blast is just corny.

And believe me, there's nothing wrong with getting money while raising awareness. Guys like Suroosh Alvi have made a career out of it. It takes balls to extinguish social stigmas, this ain't cuttin' it.

well said.

First off...I'm glad to see illest crawl himself out of whatever funk he was in and get back to making videos. Secondly, it's nice to see him make videos that are trying to convey a message rather than just trying to get laughs all the time (nothing wrong with that either).

I like the idea of the video but some things made it not work like he intended. 

1)He's standing too far away from her when talking to her and it looks like a play. They look like they're acting and it comes off as such. Especially in a campus setting where this is common as their is usually a performing arts dept. I think a lot of people assumed they were acting because that's honestly what it looked like. Unlike the bullying video where it looked unstaged if you didn't know it. This looks staged.

2)His ethnicity throws off the video. Probably also made people think they were practicing for an acting class.

Props to illest though...atleast he's trying to be different. He has a massively successful channel based on his comedic efforts and it was a big risk doing videos like these. He should get back to something lighthearted though to keep the variety. It'll get old if he does to many "public service announcement" type of videos in a row. They'll lose their effect. Too many NTers hating on dude though. He obviously battles inner issues and it's not easy being successful at this dream of his while dealing with those issues. Keep doing you, illest. Block out the hate.

really no need to go in on dude but when you're putting yourself out there as an artist, it comes with the territory. who cares if dude's tryna get paid off these videos, he's gotta eat like the rest of us.

i enjoyed this video and his bullying experiment one. shows volumes about people.

folks aren't stopping and intervening because Illest isn't convincing, they're not stopping because they don't care. because they're afraid. because they have other stuff to do that they feel is more important than a helpless person. it's sad really that these videos show how distracted and cowardly and content within their own little lives some people are.

Y'all gotta realize most of his audience is Muslim. So they love these kinds of vids.

Let him cook. Dude left the site and yall still talking about him.

:smh: People are taking it to 11 in here for no reason, and against a fellow NTer of all people.

Dudes trying to spread a message. I've always been a fan of his videos but this one felt a little different. Most of these college kids seem way too shook to do anything because they're scared to get in trouble.

I'm muslim and this video is pointless. I mean what do you expect people to do? Sure some might stand up and others might stay quite. Not trying to hate but this fousey dude needs to go back into depression and stop making videos. One day he making a video about pick up lines and next day he's making a video that he hopes will end ignorance. Keep making that money but stop acting like you care about Islam.

:lol: but :smh: at saying "not trying to hate" as if that somehow gives you a pass on telling someone to "go back into depression".
I didn't like the videos and I'm sort've ambivalent about what he does (and how well he does it) but that's just unnecessary. It's one thing if you just said to stop making videos but now you just look like an *******.

Back
Top Bottom