the thread about nothing...

Simple head nod would have sufficed IMO.

"Steve Wilhite created the Graphics Interchange Format, or GIF, while working for Compuserve in 1987. On Tuesday, he received a Webby Award for it and delivered his five-word acceptance speech (that's all the Webbys allow) by flashing a GIF on the big screens at the Cipriani Wall Street in New York. And, in a flash, it all became clear: 'It's pronounced JIF, not GIF."

Yesterday Rev James King and sheriff Roger Harris led an event here where a unity pledge was signed between the sheriffs office and the citizens here including kids, public servants, and community investors and leaders.

“We gathered so we might mediate, not to protest but to progress,” King said.

There's going to be an ongoing community forum.

"Once you get to that point, it takes forever to get back,” Harris said. “So, I wanted to address issues head-on. I’m not the kind of guy who’s going to sit back and wait for a tragedy.”

Sunday’s event sprang from meetings of the sheriff’s citizen advisory board, a group of county residents who meet with Harris to discuss issues. It was created earlier this year.

“We’re not going to stop here,” Harris said. “We’ve taken baby steps today, but we’ve got giant steps to go.”

Didn't really have anywhere else to post this. Just happy for my city.

This and Senator Ebbin's marijuana decriminalization proposal coming in January make me a happy Virginian.

Why are older SBs so hard to find these days? I just want a pair of '02 Supreme Lows and some Lodens.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom