the thread about nothing...

C9TjVi4W0AA5zRB.jpg

My daughter is in 7th grade and starting soccer. Any advice on good women soccer cleats and shin guards? My daughter is 5-9 long and lanky. I've never played soccer help would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest getting a low to mid tier boot from Nike. Shes still growing so theres no point in spending top dollar she will most likely only wear for one season

Ive always been a fan of the Nike Hypervenom.

There's no way those cleats are worth that $375.

agreed but its subjective.

I play in all my cleats. I beat the heck out of them. So as an NTer who has spent $180 on some UBs and $220 on some yeezys that i just wear like 2 times a month or so....its "worth it" to me. Even though i still can't pay over $250 for a single pair of shoes. All my top tier cleats i own have been bought for under retail.

Got my magista obras for $123 after a $20 soccer.com reward and massive end of season sale :smokin

Wasted thirty minutes for the prof to get a possible 1% raise on my midterm as there was a possible marking error and was denied. Can't believe I wasted 30 minutes for this I'm pissed

I play in all my cleats. I beat the heck out of them. So as an NTer who has spent $180 on some UBs and $220 on some yeezys that i just wear like 2 times a month or so....its "worth it" to me. Even though i still can't pay over $250 for a single pair of shoes. All my top tier cleats i own have been bought for under retail.

Got my magista obras for $123 after a $20 soccer.com reward and massive end of season sale
smokin.gif
I figured. Retro J's aren't worth the cash they ask if you want to get into it. Same goes with most shoes.

I'm just curious as to if they even came close to the price tag and why Nike feels the need to price them at nearly $400. Didn't realize the cleat market was like that.

Have you ever been to a mall/walmart/grocery store/etc, etc. and see some of the finest (18 and over) snow bunnies out and about, then you see their mom walk up and you're like 

Adidas cleats are way better than Nike.

this gen goes to nike. The vapor and the magisa are better then the X and Ace. The purecontrol also lacks a lot of lockdown for me. Only been able to try the X 16.1 though and the purecontrol not the ace. But the reviews say the structure is a little loose compared to the magista. An argument can be made for the puma evopower vigor though i hear they are phenomenal

Got my magista obras for $123 after a $20 soccer.com reward and massive end of season sale :smokin
I figured. Retro J's aren't worth the cash they ask if you want to get into it. Same goes with most shoes.

I'm just curious as to if they even came close to the price tag and why Nike feels the need to price them at nearly $400. Didn't realize the cleat market was like that.

In all honesty the nike take down cleats are just as good as some other top of the line cleats. There is no real justification for a very good cleat to be $100 and a slightly better cleat to be $325. The exponential increase is way overboard.

Have you ever been to a mall/walmart/grocery store/etc, etc. and see some of the finest (18 and over) snow bunnies out and about, then you see their mom walk up and you're like 

That's happened to me a few times. Checking out some chick and then I see an older woman next to her and I'm like ohhh shhid that's the mom! Then I'm like Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh shiddd she's a baby!

Last edited:
repped

i love the variety and its an exciting time in the boot market for soccer. Adida's next gen putting boost in the insoles posibly of more shoes then the pure control and perfecting the laceless fit. Nike perfecting the knit on low cut shoes finally and now with the new hypervenom poron inserts or whatever the material is that hardens per pressure. Not to mention puma still going strong and holding hope for under armor

competition is good for the consumer. I was team adizero when they first dropped for being the lightest shoe ever. Then nike won me back with superfly IVs....can't beat a carbon fiber sole plate for me.

Last edited:

how do you know they are 18 and over?

repped

i love the variety and its an exciting time in the boot market for soccer. Adida's next gen putting boost in the insoles posibly of more shoes then the pure control and perfecting the laceless fit. Nike perfecting the knit on low cut shoes finally and now with the new hypervenom poron inserts or whatever the material is that hardens per pressure. Not to mention puma still going strong and holding hope for under armor

competition is good for the consumer. I was team adizero when they first dropped for being the lightest shoe ever. Then nike won me back with superfly IVs....can't beat a carbon fiber sole plate for me.

All black boots regardless of brand >

My lunch is usually 30 minutes but i stretch it to 45 all the time.

Had to pick up some documents and my lunch turned into 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Let's hope nobody noticed :nerd:

I had the worst breakfast.
Chick fil a chicken sandwhich and a slice of pizza from dominoes.
My body is full of regret.

My daughter is in 7th grade and starting soccer. Any advice on good women soccer cleats and shin guards? My daughter is 5-9 long and lanky. I've never played soccer help would be greatly appreciated.

Get her a pair of Nike Tiempos. Level entry ones Should run about $65-$85 and a pair of regular Nike shin guards should run about $15-20.
She's just getting into it so you don't have to drop all that Gwap just yet.
Hopefully she likes it and continues to play, then you'll have to copp the nicer ones depending o

I highly doubted. They're too busy micromanaging other people.

Depends where you at with Walmart's 75% of the time there it's overweight snow bunnies in flip flops with cankle tats :lol:

I highly doubted. They're too busy micromanaging other people.

They didnt :lol:

I told the girl i work with she said it was cool.

The other employees didnt notice anything :pimp:

Man at my job no one micromanages lunch breaks. I can take two one hour breaks and no one will care. The only thing they will notice is if the work isn't completed, so if you're a fast and efficient worker you're good.

And obviously, you're not taking two hour lunch breaks if the work is piled up that day.

Last edited:
My real bosses are in another location. Here we have one supervisor and she doesn't micromanage but we have a 30 min lunch that i always stretch to 45. But that 1h15 lunch was definitly a big stretch and she could've noticed. Maybe she doesn't care.

We're up to date in our work so that's good.

I've learned from my previous boss not to micro-manage. Seeing how i want to improve or resolve a situation myself, I've learned to put my trust in communicating and collaborating with my supervisor that report to me.

Back
Top Bottom