the thread about nothing...

I've been called three different names today on the phone. Anthony, Jay, and Michael. Victor isn't even close to any of those.

I've been called three different names today on the phone. Anthony, Jay, and Michael. Victor isn't even close to any of those.

:rofl:

That happens to my boy all the time. Hes Somali so when he says his name they cant understand it and think its some kinda western name. He said one day he kept getting called Brad. We call him Brad now.

Word. I have multiple accounts in diff currencies. Plus some property.

I havent touched any of my CC points but i was lookin at it the other day and what i could get lol. I used to order stuff back in the day on my CC for people i knew that didnt have 1. Theyd hit me cash right when i placed the order and id pay off my CC right away. I was racking up points and credit and didnt spend my own money lol

rare rare pack a lunch fam, that 2.40/day adds up in the long run

I'm not sure if ur familiar with credit card churning..but if u are good at racking up points and not touching it..churning is a good way to get free flights/upgrade to first class/ and free hotel rooms ..it's basically maximizing what u can earn with your points..there's a huge subreddit dedicated to it..to me it is too much work..I do enough analyzing at work during the week so I am good with just letting my cash back points sit..I try my best not to cash it out but I need to sometimes

I'm definitely ad advocate of "don't leave all of ur eggs in one basket" which is why I like having funds in different areas..having an extra buffer or cushion makes me worry less..I also like to invest in things I know will appreciate over time..I don't even think twice about it

It does. Every two weeks it's one hours work. :frown:

I no longer go out for lunch or buy breakfast or coffee anymore..i just started waking up half hour earlier to make breakfast..and I drink the free coffee at work..for lunch I always bring leftovers for the night before..if I do buy lunch I feel I wasted an opportunity to save money

My grandma kept money wrapped in foil in popsicle boxes in the deep freeze

Always though i had popsicles growing up

There's a lot of cool or non-traditional ways to save money..one way was save all of ur $5 bills and keep it in a shoebox..I need to start doing that again..at one point I was doing it with $10 but that was extreme..and I ended up using all of the bills :smh:

Another way is to store like $10 $20 or more in your winter coat and by the time winter rolls around..u got a nice little surprise u set up for yourself

Last edited:
I haven't corrected the one who's called me Michael yet. He literally keeps saying,"Could you repeat that for me Michael?" I'm waiting till the end to say what my name is as part of the close for the call.

I ain't white but I'm down with frisbee.

I'm not sure if ur familiar with credit card churning..but if u are good at racking up points and not touching it..churning is a good way to get free flights/upgrade to first class/ and free hotel rooms ..it's basically maximizing what u can earn with your points..there's a huge subreddit dedicated to it..to me it is too much work..I do enough analyzing at work during the week so I am good with just letting my cash back points sit..I try my best not to cash it out but I need to sometimes

I'm definitely ad advocate of "don't leave all of ur eggs in one basket" which is why I like having funds in different areas..having an extra buffer or cushion makes me worry less..I also like to invest in things I know will appreciate over time..I don't even think twice about it
I no longer go out for lunch or buy breakfast or coffee anymore..i just started waking up half hour earlier to make breakfast..and I drink the free coffee at work..for lunch I always bring leftovers for the night before..if I do buy lunch I feel I wasted an opportunity to save money
There's a lot of cool or non-traditional ways to save money..one way was save all of ur $5 bills and keep it in a shoebox..I need to start doing that again..at one point I was doing it with $10 but that was extreme..and I ended up using all of the bills :smh:

Another way is to store like $10 $20 or more in your winter coat and by the time winter rolls around..u got a nice little surprise u set up for yourself

Credit card churning huh? Never heard of it but just did a quick google. Sounds interesting.

A lot of mans from my hood dont have credit cards so theyd always come to me when they wanna order something online. Id make the order and take the cash from em (plus a lil something for myself cuz hey nothings free in life right?). Theyd get their item and id boost my credit.

Word me too. I have different sources of income. I always believed you gotta have multiple sourcea of income to live comfortably.

I'm not even sure if we have a credit card scores or rewards here. Most people I know don't have a cc, myself included. I canceled mine a few years ago because it was useless.

In many cases the local stores won't even accept credit cards aside from stores like large electronics retailers, higher end clothing stores, ...

Technically I don't have to pay interest on a credit card until I'm 25 if I were to get one again but I just don't see any point in having one. I can use my debit card for everything and paypal for online purchases. Zero incentive to keep a credit card, no rewards system or anything. At least not when   I had a visa card.

Last edited:

I feel you man

Caller : whats your name
Me :quentin
Caller : ok clarence can you......

How sway

what?? that's not even close lmao

credit card culture is different in europe (especially in France, a lot don't understand the concept because their credit card is directly linked to their chequing, basically giving them another debit).

It used to be the worst trying to explain to my french clients how a credit card worked here :lol: :lol:

"You mean it won't take the money right aways in my account? Oh god this is so complicated"

credit card culture is different in europe (especially in France, a lot don't understand the concept because their credit card is directly linked to their chequing, basically giving them another debit).

It used to be the worst trying to explain to my french clients how a credit card worked here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"You mean it won't take the money right aways in my account? Oh god this is so complicated"
That last sentence pretty much describes the whole thing 
laugh.gif

"Why would I pay interest on something and it takes away the money at the end of the month when I can just use my debit card? Makes no sense"

I prefer all my purchases to be handled right away. When I purchase something I want the money gone from my bank account immediately.

Credit cards used to be more common to do online purchases but nowadays you can use your debit card for nearly all domestic online purchases and Paypal for just about every foreign online purchase. And Paypal doesn't require a credit card either.

Last edited:

It used to be the worst trying to explain to my french clients how a credit card worked here :lol: :lol:

:lol: i swear people here dunno how a CC works either, they think its free money or something

laugh.gif
i swear people here dunno how a CC works either, they think its free money or something
Idk if all banks did this but when I had a CC I had to sign a contract to put the maximum € limit of my card, €750 in my case, in a locked account with the bank. If I couldn't make the payments on time, the bank would unlock the account to pay off the debt and cancel the cc.

Last edited:

Idk if all banks did this but when I had a CC I had to sign a contract to put the maximum € limit of my card, €750 in my case, in a locked account with the bank. If I couldn't make the payments on time, the bank would unlock the account to pay off the debt and cancel the cc.
Thats something they do generally for people who do not have good credit or they just dont have much credit history. Ive seen it where people have been able to build there credit from doing this and the bank is basically extending a credit line with very low risk. 

That last sentence pretty much describes the whole thing :lol:
"Why would I pay interest on something and it takes away the money at the end of the month when I can just use my debit card? Makes no sense"
I prefer all my purchases to be handled right away. When I purchase something I want the money gone from my bank account immediately.
Credit cards used to be more common to do online purchases but nowadays you can use your debit card for nearly all domestic online purchases and Paypal for just about every foreign online purchase. And Paypal doesn't require a credit card either.

if i didn't have perks i would not use my credit card. Maybe once in a while just to maintain a decent credit score

:lol: i swear people here dunno how a CC works either, they think its free money or something

yeah usually people with no history of credit or straight up bad credit.

I use to do colaterals on cards for new comers when i was an adviser at the bank because their bureau would be empty.

Back
Top Bottom