the thread about nothing...

Don't understand the jordan game anymore. Dudes paying $220 for a 20 year old out dated non comparable quality shoe and the flagship with the newest tech going going for 175 msrp and being had for less in a lot of cases

Don't understand the jordan game anymore. Dudes paying $220 for a 20 year old out dated non comparable quality shoe and the flagship with the newest tech going going for 175 msrp and being had for less in a lot of cases
consumers has allowed jordan to do that to inflated retros. the raw materials to make the concord 11s compare to making the 33s is very significant. but jordan brand is able leverage their brand name and charge people cause of the name not because of what goes inside of the shoe.

consumers has allowed jordan to do that to inflated retros. the raw materials to make the concord 11s compare to making the 33s is very significant. but jordan brand is able leverage their brand name and charge people cause of the name not because of what goes inside of the shoe.

Going on a tangent, but I was just speaking with my mentor about how my generation (20-30) can't afford the future. He was saying you could walk in a FTL and even if you didn't like the signature models you could tell they were premium quality. He said he walked in one the other day and everything felt synthetic and smelled to high heaven of planned obsolescence. I was telling him all the stuff made with real "materials" is the luxury brands, even then they are getting bold with some of the stuff they put out and none of it is actually worth the price being charged anyway. Dudes breaking the bank to rock some balenciagas, AE jogggers and a dad hat.

Going on a tangent, but I was just speaking with my mentor about how my generation (20-30) can't afford the future. He was saying you could walk in a FTL and even if you didn't like the signature models you could tell they were premium quality. He said he walked in one the other day and everything felt synthetic and smelled to high heaven of planned obsolescence. I was telling him all the stuff made with real "materials" is the luxury brands, even then they are getting bold with some of the stuff they put out and none of it is actually worth the price being charged anyway. Dudes breaking the bank to rock some balenciagas, AE jogggers and a dad hat.

I definitely agree people can't afford the future but not it terms of material items, but financial assets like homes, land etc.
even for me when i walk into in a FTL or other random store shoes stores and looking to cop something i'm like man i can get a way better price online than this little bull crap 10-15% you giving me in front of my face. so i opt for online purchases with discount codes 30-50% off at times.

now some people aren't smart with overspending to keep up with the joneses, so i know whatever i buy isn't to impress nobody. but when people start spending money to just buy material items that will fade away like any trend they only have themselves to blame when you rack up useless purchases.

most of these signature sneakers or products aren't even source from new material but recycled or waste material that nike or other brands is repurposing to manufacture. that's the real finesse, and it's not like the prices on products of using recycled or waste material have made products gone down. it actually made it more expensive because of new methods to actually manufacture this stuff.

the average consumer probably doesn't know this but they are paying for shoes made out of coke bottles not cowhide.

Precisely. I was posed with a question that made me ponder, when's the last time you focused on building something eternal?

when i think about a million dollar home decked out with state of the art tech in the 70's, it would probably difficult to pawn most of that stuff now.

As far as material items can we really afford them? Just thinking about the ipohne x or which ever the newest version is, most of us dont have a rack laying around to cop it outright so in turn we opt for leases and month to month etc. And then like you said by the time we get to an age where we realize personal sovereignty is where its at were drowning in so much debt thats not even an option

The footwear culture/industry will always run like that in that aspect. But its still evolving in other areas..

Imagine kids flipping Mike's, Pumps, and other joints of that time for profit like how they're doing Ye's and collab joints now.

I don't keep up with a lot of the current stuff but are yeezys/collabs going on sale like the 11's and foams were going back then, seriously not being facetious?

Maybe she just curious to see what’s your job title at work and what you do.

I wouldn’t use at as reference to approach since linkden is meant for professionals.

Good luck though.
She does know what my position was though. Maybe I'll ask one of my co-workers on Monday if they got viewed too lol

Now that I copped the Concords Idk what to look forward to anymore smh oh well Spiderverse next week and Avengers on April

IMG_20181208_113743_103.jpg

Definitely need to stick to a diet or something. Energy is running low.

Been slacking on a lot of stuff I shouldn't.

I’m at a strange point in my life where bluegrass or folk music is BANGIN to me. Dude can shred on that there banjo.

Anyway im tryna grow my hair but its on the weird length smh tryna grow that Jon Snow hairstyle but thinking of cutting it after a month smh

Its gonna be Christmas and New Year soon tho so nosy relatives gon be like ya need a hair cut smh

Hopefully never grew my hair longer than a month in my 21 years smh
Same age as you and i havent touched the top of my head in about 8 months now. Other than the time i twisted it.

Back
Top Bottom