the thread about nothing...

Screenshot_20200215-123749__01.jpg

Every Saturday the cleaning lady has to ask me the same question “almost everyone is off today huh.” I’m so close to just yelling at her, “YES!!! How many times do I have to keep telling you!?”

Every Saturday the cleaning lady has to ask me the same question “almost everyone is off today huh.” I’m so close to just yelling at her, “YES!!! How many times do I have to keep telling you!?”

She’s just trying to have a friendly convo/rapport with you. It’s like when I work at construction sites and one guy like a FedEx guy or gardener walks by and says “Ya mero?!?” (Spanish for “almost done?”). It’s meant to inspire a playful response of “yeah almost!” to show our pride in work.

She’s just trying to have a friendly convo/rapport with you. It’s like when I work at construction sites and one guy like a FedEx guy or gardener walks by and says “Ya mero?!?” (Spanish for “almost done?”). It’s meant to inspire a playful response of “yeah almost!” to show our pride in work.
People are just lonely and want someone to talk to. Sometimes the smallest conversation and gesture will make people's day. When I was young, it used to annoy me but now I get it.

These last few posts remind me of when someone said on twitter many years ago that Uber should have a feature that tells the driver whether you want them to talk to you or not. The responses were interesting

Back
Top Bottom