the thread about nothing...

1582159434233.png

Bo knows nothing compared to the man history remembers as James Francis Thorpe.

born at the turn of the 20th Century as a member of the native Oklahoman Sac and Fox Nation, the young Wa-Tho-Huk enjoyed the good fortune of having the United States military temporarily distracted from massacring his people with the Spanish-American War.

he took full advantage of the opportunity, displaying unprecedented versatility in following a lifelong enthusiasm for sport. Thorpe was a pro athlete in baseball, basketball, gridiron football, and competed in practically every pursuit on the track or field at a world class level.

indeed, his gold medal in the decathlon event of the 1912 Olympics added to his claim of being one of the greatest athletes to ever lace up a pair of sneakers...even if they weren’t his own.

as the starting gun drew near, the all-sport athlete was dismayed to discover that his running shoes managed to walk out of the locker room just minutes before the start of the competition. accounts differ as to whether the shoes were stolen by racist fans or competitors in the event, but regardless of who had the shoes...Jim Thorpe did not.

still, this determined sportsman would scarcely allow something as trivial as a lack of proper athletic footwear stop him from running into the history books on this sunny Swedish day. he searched the grounds frantically until finding two separately discarded shoes that barely fit his feet, then calmly returned to preparing to compete with the finest athletes standing on the planet.

as a somehow more realistic tale from the world of sports noted, “there was only one thing left to do...win the whole fn thing.”

so, that’s exactly what he did, nbd.

upon his return to the States Jim Thorpe was hailed as a cultural sensation, participating in a ticker-tape parade down Broadway in New York City. federal officials were so proud of the way he represented the country during the Olympics that they continued to deny native peoples full citizenship rights on the land that was violently stolen from them by evil immigrants until 1924.

Thorpe was later stripped of his Olympic gold when it was revealed that he had played semi-professional baseball before competing in the Games, making him one of the few human beings ever stripped of a high profile athletic accolade for being too good at sports. fortunately, his status as an Olympic medalist was restored just 30 years after his death, because life is fair and everything always makes sense.

for his unprecedented prowess in multiple fields of competition and the unfortunate draw in the Birth Circumstances Lottery that ensured he would never be fully appreciated in his own time, the legacy of Jim Thorpe stands as an illustration of both how far one human being can go, and how far a society can come.

thank you for your time.

A740DBB1-43C3-4C4A-B8F6-CCDE504ED526.jpeg
4B8F1C22-ABB8-4920-B05A-1EEE60F36762.jpeg
05FA182F-F510-4719-A087-877D3CA17F51.jpeg

Just got to LA, pigging out. Went to Howlin’ Rays but line was too long so I left. Decided to go to Blazin Chicks because of Fung Bros vid yesterday...it was alright, wouldn’t really recommend it. Tots was weak, barely warm. Philippe the Original make some good *** French dip tho.

LA folks...is Howlin Rays worth it? Should I make another attempt?

Last edited by a moderator:
LA pigging out. Went to Howling Rays but line was too long so I left. Philippe the Original make some good *** French dip.

You out here pigging out on some deliciousness while I was at my doctor’s checkup, straight apologizing for cheating on my diet a few times :lol:

MJ staring at you for 15 seconds straight for talking **** CAN’T be good, lol.

You out here pigging out on some deliciousness while I was at my doctor’s checkup, straight apologizing for cheating on my diet a few times :lol:

MJ staring at you for 15 seconds straight for talking **** CAN’T be good, lol.
Hahaha can’t lie to your doc! They know if you’re cheating.!

It’s normal to cheat once in a while, he prob expects people to. As long as you work out and don’t over do it with the junk.

He said the same and that it’s hard to change eating habits. He’s glad with my progress so far but I do have more that needs to get done. Hoping exercise with better food gets me off these meds.

Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY robpzee612 robpzee612 :pimp:

He said the same and that it’s hard to change eating habits. He’s glad with my progress so far but I do have more that needs to get done. Hoping exercise with better food gets me off these meds.

Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY robpzee612 robpzee612 :pimp:
Takes a while to change habits but gotta enjoy life sometimes. Just try to sweat often and drink lots of water. Good to hear you’re making progress!

HAPPY BOYDAY!!! robpzee612 robpzee612

7F4801A9-48D0-40F0-90A5-D1EAC7C4A645.jpeg
1E2270BE-7226-4BF1-A02D-4A0B902357D1.jpeg

EC3AE9E8-AD56-4843-994F-21FC3F63756F.jpeg

Might be spamming this thread with food the next couple days.:blush:

That might be my favorite drink of all time. Mixed fruit with coconut milk. Get one or two each day that I’m here.

A740DBB1-43C3-4C4A-B8F6-CCDE504ED526.jpeg
4B8F1C22-ABB8-4920-B05A-1EEE60F36762.jpeg
05FA182F-F510-4719-A087-877D3CA17F51.jpeg

Just got to LA, pigging out. Went to Howlin’ Rays but line was too long so I left. Decided to go to Blazin Chicks because of Fung Bros vid yesterday...it was alright, wouldn’t really recommend it. Tots was weak, barely warm. Philippe the Original make some good *** French dip tho.

My boy
You super played yourself
Blazing chicks is like a 4. Howlin rays is a 10.
is it worth the 2 hours? Probably not lol
But it’s still the best chicken sandwich Compared to any others I’ve tried

My boy
You super played yourself
Blazing chicks is like a 4. Howlin rays is a 10.
is it worth the 2 hours? Probably not lol
But it’s still the best chicken sandwich Compared to any others I’ve tried
Dude, I got to Howlin Rays around 330 and there was a long *** line! I didn’t think there would be at that time. I was like “I’m good, can’t be that great”. And I saw Fung Bros vids last night saying Blazin Chicks was comparable so I went right after. Kinda disappointed in it. Fung bro’s must’ve gotten paid to go to Blazin Chicks and say all that stuff.

7F4801A9-48D0-40F0-90A5-D1EAC7C4A645.jpeg
1E2270BE-7226-4BF1-A02D-4A0B902357D1.jpeg

EC3AE9E8-AD56-4843-994F-21FC3F63756F.jpeg

Might be spamming this thread with food the next couple days.:blush:

That might be my favorite drink of all time. Mixed fruit with coconut milk. Get one or two each day that I’m here.

Savoy and Phoenix 🔥🔥🔥
You gonna be eating gawdly these next few days 🙌🏼
Fun fact, when I was in college i used to go to Phoenix each semester after my last final.
Used to order the walnut shrimp and just enjoy some me time 😎😎😎

Dude, I got to Howlin Rays around 330 and there was a long *** line! I didn’t think there would be at that time. I was like “I’m good, can’t be that great”. And I saw Fung Bros vids last night saying Blazin Chicks was comparable so I went right after. Kinda disappointed in it. Fung bro’s must’ve gotten paid to go to Blazin Chicks and say all that stuff.

Yea bro, mos def.
did you like it?
what other spots you got on your radar

Savoy and Phoenix 🔥🔥🔥
You gonna be eating gawdly these next few days 🙌🏼
Fun fact, when I was in college i used to go to Phoenix each semester after my last final.
Used to order the walnut shrimp and just enjoy some me time 😎😎😎
You got the sweet life going 8):nthat:. I’m jealous of people that lives around here or in LA. A lot of options and the food seems to taste a lot better than the Bay, more authentic too. I have today and tmr free to myself and meeting up with a friend on Friday and Saturday, came a couple days earlier for some me time too.

Any must try recommendations?

Yea bro, mos def.
did you like it?
what other spots you got on your radar
I wouldn’t go back to Blazin chicks.
Gonna go to Mama Lu’s tmr and go back to Philippe’s. Didn’t think a simple French dip will be so good. Haha
MAYBE....try Howlin’ Rays again.

Back
Top Bottom