the thread about nothing...

this is rick ross's greatest verse. it's so damn great it makes me question if he wrote it.

from rick ross' book:

My biggest contribution to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy came several months after my trip to Hawaii. Kanye had to turn in his album the next day. But he wanted to get me on “Devil in a New Dress.”

I’d already recorded a verse to “Devil in a New Dress” in Hawaii. It was a real soulful joint built around an old Smokey Robinson. Kanye had already released the song as part of his weekly G.O.O.D. Fridays series. Except he hadn’t kept my verse on there. But when I met up with Kanye in New York at the final hour of his album he had a new version of the song. His engineer Mike Dean had added this mean guitar solo breakdown at the end of it that Kanye wanted me to come in after. But he wanted me to write a new verse. He didn’t like the one I’d done in Hawaii.

“I know that you can do something better than that,” he told me.

That’s what he said. Then he stood up, turned around and walked out the studio.

It was good that he left. I needed a minute to process what had just happened. In all my years no one had ever asked me to rewrite a verse before. Even when I was a nobody ghostwriting for artists way bigger than me no one had ever said something like that.

I was shocked but I wasn’t offended. I wasn’t pissed. That surprised me too. I knew Kanye hadn’t said that to upset me. He was pushing me the same way he had been pushing everybody in Hawaii. The same way he was pushing himself to do something even greater. So the ball was in my court. I could either take his request as disrespect or I could take him up on his challenge. I decided on the latter and two hours later I had another verse. It’s one that many of my fans consider to be the best of my career.

Just found the ****-tiest brand I think I’ve ever seen. Called vetements... straight disgusting Spencer clothes and they are taxing $700 a hoodie

Just found the ****-tiest brand I think I’ve ever seen. Called vetements... straight disgusting Spencer clothes and they are taxing $700 a hoodie

Seen this one crew neck from an ad on Facebook earlier for $625:smh::lol:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201122-162025_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201122-162025_Chrome.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 50
  • 14688040_23478873_1000.jpg
    14688040_23478873_1000.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 95
Even if we found a solution to fully eradicate racism and sexism, people would still find a way to discriminate against others because of people's desire to feel superior than someone else.

...and those people should be met with dire consequences for their actions and shunned by the rest of society.

The objective isn't and never was the "heart and mind" of the racist individual but the institutions structures and foundations that define and support racism itself.

In other words - we don't care if white people hate us.

We care what they are able to do with that hate sans consequences.

Anyone else dying from allergies today... wtf i thought we were done for the season. Ya girls is looking rough with the non stop sneezing and watery *** eyes smh
Not today but I was last weekend. The landscapers came through the neighborhood & kicked up O.D. pollen with their leaf blowers. Today is hella windy so I'm sure that gets the pollen airborne. Try flonase if you haven't already. It's the only thing that helps me with my allergies

...and those people should be met with dire consequences for their actions and shunned by the rest of society.

The objective isn't and never was the "heart and mind" of the racist individual but the institutions structures and foundations that define and support racism itself.

In other words - we don't care if white people hate us.

We care what they are able to do with that hate sans consequences.

I think this is where we will disagree, which is fine. I don't think it's the organizations rather the individuals of the organizations.

Back
Top Bottom