the thread about nothing...

okay so I'm waiting for my shipment of books, right...100 goddamn copies of it, 280 pounds of everlasting hardcover glory.

get the notification "on the way" between 12:45 and...9pm?? so I'm sitting. I'm waiting. I'm chillin tf out. this is my day, cool, fine.

...watching the inbox and windows all day, I'm laying in wait for this delivery. plotting dropoffs. counting chickens. rubbing my hands together. this is the day, I can feel it.

you might be able to guess the next part...got the dreaded Delivery Attempted notice. oh yeah, the **** it ticket, the very same.

of course I ran downstairs as soon as the email hit--about 20 min after the truck, gotta give the streets a fair chance to consider expropriating the goods, totally get it.

so that's where the segment ends, right? just standing there in the street looking stupid, entombed and fully vexed, dreams in the wind. redelivery on Monday, wasted weekend.

right?

right??

mother****er NO! hell *** no!! you know nothing of my work!

no not never, not cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 ...that guy hopped on his electric scooter and set off to HUNT THAT MAN DOWN...tracked the wrong brown box truck several blocks over, but waited by his vehicle until he returned from a delivery and after a friendly interrogation, was able to extract several key pieces of data about local delivery routes and timeframes.

the hunt was on.

a functioning knowledge of capitalism served me well in this pursuit...had my bounty gone south toward the stadiums, or west along the retail corridors? stopped short of the highway to zig and zag through residential streets? or headed back to base out of range?

the seconds passed as the 10" wheels left rubber in their wake. the coastal wind howled frigid past my ears, cloak fluttering colorfully behind. if I'm honest, instinct shared equal credit with logic...a left? no, right! observe, orient, decide, act! faster! GO!

...but the moment I saw it in the distance, perhaps three blocks yonder, aligned in both chance and destiny like a solar eclipse, I just knew.

target acquired. thrusters engaged.

taking a hard left turn at the corner of Determination and Opportunity, I cut the boxman off at the pass...had to look pretty crazy rolling directly up to a 5-ton vehicle on a one-way street riding a post-apocalyptic Razor scooter but hey...desperate times.

tl;dr: I got my ****ing books. thanks Rudy.

Kevin Garnett: Anything Is Possible
(On Showtime)

Documentary is fire. Put together real well. Garnett knows how to tell a story. All of it was interesting. Not a dull moment. Not even a KG fan but saw it twice. Once myself & again with the fam yesterday. Worth the watch.

Trailer

Pre NBA Story about MJ & Isaiah (sneak peek)

Thanks for the recommendation. KG is a born storyteller. Great watch.

c6d78swqq0281.jpg

This is my flaw but what stuck out to me when o saw the video was the fact that it was two very young very white people being tossed.

It is of no surprise that young white people with enough money for floor seats crossed a line they probably didnt even think existed.
Absolutely agree. While saying what they said they probably thought of it as "innocent fun" everybody does it. The ignorance doesn't surprise me one bit. Hopefully getting thrown out was a learning lesson for them & they learned something that day.

Many people probably look at athletes as larger than life figures with no human feelings. Kinda like a movie villain.
Where do you think the line should be drawn. With what the fans can say? Cursing? Saying anything about family? Is "you suck" crossing the line?

Also, this is what wnba doesn't take into consideration when they want "equality". They'd probably stop the game and give the crowd a sensitivity training if they barked at the women like they do the men.
I think some cursing & "you suck" is where the line should be drawn. Making comments about athletes family is never ok. And you're right, they are looked at larger than life figures with no human feelings but athletes are human too & fans forget that getting caught up in fandom & supporting there teams.

You make a good point about the WNBA. Do the athletes get heckled at all in the WNBA? I've never heard of any bad fan behavior in a WNBA game

oh damn, Bruce Bowen and Zaza, both are career enders. Lebron is not the typical dirty player but he does we he gets annoyed and runs away from it once trouble is about to start. although he started the trend of a different kind of dirty which is the frequent diving culture. guess being a football fan that he is, he brought that garbage in basketball.
Yeah those two were awful man especially Zaza. I remember Vince Carter once wanted to fight Bruce Bowen after he intentionally stuck out his foot to make him fall lol. Yeah, he whines & whines when calls aren't going in his favor & him and a lot of other nba players start **** & then run the other way. Prime example would be Westbrook. I haven't seen LeBron do the frequent diving act lol but def will be more observant next Lakers game I watch

Dude in black is the biggest female dog EVER!!

I cant handle you like a Man, so I'll go grab a weapon.

Its evident guy in the green was Not present to cause harm.

The will of anyone is capable of shooting that man. But not just anyone is capable of fighting that man one on one.

It sucks that's what it came down to BUT I will say this the dude in the green was the aggressor I felt. Dude in the black asked him to leave his property multiple times, dude in green was informed by more than 1 person that his son wasn't there. Dude in green kept getting louder & more aggressive. This was seen when he got to the front door & got in the other dude's face & reached for the firearm. At that point, we don't know what dude in green was thinking or what he's capable of. He got what he was asking for imo.

Yeah those two were awful man especially Zaza. I remember Vince Carter once wanted to fight Bruce Bowen after he intentionally stuck out his foot to make him fall lol. Yeah, he whines & whines when calls aren't going in his favor & him and a lot of other nba players start **** & then run the other way. Prime example would be Westbrook. I haven't seen LeBron do the frequent diving act lol but def will be more observant next Lakers game I watch
it's one of those things why I never fell in love with football. it became so ridiculous that I hated it most of the time, only saving glory was watching Messi play. then the Lebroning trend started in basketball and made me furious. that kind of garbage shouldn't have started in basketball. I know flopping has been around but not to this kind of extent....
lefloppin2.gif

It sucks that's what it came down to BUT I will say this the dude in the green was the aggressor I felt. Dude in the black asked him to leave his property multiple times, dude in green was informed by more than 1 person that his son wasn't there. Dude in green kept getting louder & more aggressive. This was seen when he got to the front door & got in the other dude's face & reached for the firearm. At that point, we don't know what dude in green was thinking or what he's capable of. He got what he was asking for imo.
Calling the police was always an option. Didn’t have to go down like this.

Ego over family. now he can't have visitation for his son anymore permanently.

I always get compliments when i wear black orchid.
Really reels them in.
People underestimate the power of good cologne.
I’ve been letting women pick my cologne for decades now and it’s worked wonders.

People underestimate the power of good cologne.
I’ve been letting women pick my cologne for decades now and it’s worked wonders.
I don't underestimate it. the only one that is extremely picky with my cologne is the wife. the rest of the ladies want to eat me.

Not denying that, but there’s one party that needlessly escalated the situation. I’m placing the majority of the blame on that person.
the dead dad. sorry, but if someone like that starts a commotion in my household, he would get the lead treatment as well. but since owning a firearm in my area is tricky, I have a baseball bat in place.

The kids was finally told they weren't there AFTER he was shot.
That confrontation isnt worth any man losing their life.
(If true) Rittenmouse had a gun pointed towards his head and in line of defense he shot back. Black shirt(scary boy) in the video above, whole life was threatened how? His whole life was threatened to the point he had to take another's? Ok.

Trying to break in the house? Ehhhh
Trying to physically hold the baby momma down? Ehhhh
^ that's reasonable to pull a burner out, but just because he's screaming about his daughter in front if someone's house, he deserved his life to be snatched away? Ok

I wonder how it's going to be with the black shirt guy and the daughter now. "Yup I killed your daddy. Oh well he shouldn't been looking for you in front of my house." If green shirt got what he deserved than the quoted sentence above is very appropriate for her.

Imo, its not.

the dead dad. sorry, but if someone like that starts a commotion in my household, he would get the lead treatment as well. but since owning a firearm in my area is tricky, I have a baseball bat in place.
…but the dude wasn’t in the household and he never tried to go inside.

Also this was a scheduled pickup. Dead dad had every right to be there. If anything, this was more of a kidnapping considering they were refusing to transfer the child over at the court agreed time. I don’t know how you can agree on a designated meet up spot and time and then turn around and try to call it trespassing.

This was murder and completely avoidable.

it's one of those things why I never fell in love with football. it became so ridiculous that I hated it most of the time, only saving glory was watching Messi play. then the Lebroning trend started in basketball and made me furious. that kind of garbage shouldn't have started in basketball. I know flopping has been around but not to this kind of extent....
lefloppin2.gif
Ohhh that kind of diving, I thought you meant diving in the stands for a loose ball, sorry didn't register. Heck yeah LeBrons an awesome diver/actor/flopper. He's been doing that for the longest lol

Calling the police was always an option. Didn’t have to go down like this.
100% it didn't have to go down like that. I strongly believe had dead dad not reached for black shirt guys firearm he would've been alive right now. Him trying to reach & grab it is what looks to be the reason the other guy opened fire. Very sad event

Ego over family. now he can't have visitation for his son anymore permanently.
This
dead dad could have called the cops with regards to the dispute rather than acting all bad-***.
💯 it's like ok, you see the other guy & his family aren't telling you what you want to hear & it's leading to conflict. Grab your phone call 911, take a few steps back & wait for a squad car to pull up bit instead he wanted to act all macho get in other dudss face & reach for his firearm- what else did he expect was going to happen?

…but the dude wasn’t in the household and he never tried to go inside.

Also this was a scheduled pickup. Dead dad had every right to be there. If anything, this was more of a kidnapping considering they were refusing to transfer the child over at the court agreed time. I don’t know how you can agree on a designated meet up spot and time and then turn around and try to call it trespassing.

This was murder and completely avoidable.
pick-up? so he should have stayed in his truck rather than go inside the property. picking up someone is not a reason for someone to enter the private premises of another unless permitted. like I said, dead dad should have not acted reckless. you may say baby momma and black shirt guy are in the wrong for kidnapping but is it worth of losing your life over and act foolishly? dead dad practically gave ammunition or justification for the black shirt guy for shooting him. he let his emotions get the best of him.

Back
Top Bottom