the thread about nothing...

I read an article about a blind dude that fell into some bushes and he saw someone in a car laughing at him and didnt bother to help. I think it was you fam.

3E4BF5A2-16C7-4D63-91D1-F3AE12927665.jpeg

My boss listened to me and hired another person so we’re down from 70-80 hours a week to 50.

Now half my co workers are happy and the other half are mad because they aren’t getting 30 hours of OT a week. :lol:

I’m like wtf is wrong with you guys wanting to work that much? How about spend less money. Also nobody is stopping you from working in the winter which they refuse to do.

My boss listened to me and hired another person so we’re down from 70-80 hours a week to 50.

Now half my co workers are happy and the other half are mad because they aren’t getting 30 hours of OT a week. :lol:

I’m like wtf is wrong with you guys wanting to work that much? How about spend less money. Also nobody is stopping you from working in the winter which they refuse to do.
entitled and ungrateful bunch. we have those sort of people at work as well.

80 hrs? Good lord. I thought 60 was a lot.

They’re scared to do more than one job so they won’t become more versatile.

They only want to drive a truck which is fine but don’t expect us to suffer because of it.

I’m totally chill with working in the winter in the shop and actually having a life in the summer.

They just want to sit in the house all winter and work their life away in the summer. Doesn’t even make sense. It’s not like they travel in the winter or actually use the time off. They just sit in the garage and get high.

80 hrs? Good lord. I thought 60 was a lot.

Yeah seasonal road construction. You got a clash right now though with the boomers who are conditioned to work themselves to death with all the younger guys who are saying f that.

Younger guys are winning. :lol: they act like because something has been that way it has to stay that way. We can work in the winter. They just don’t want too, I’d rather have weekends off and have a life outside work.

50 is good to me since I like to take time off but over that and I’m ready to quit.

But it’s kind of my fault for taking seasonal jobs but I can’t find the money and benefits in year round work.

I’m good at my job though and basically a ghost. Never cause drama and I’m not easy to replace so my boss works with me. It’s so hard to find help I had to train in a 22 year old girl who had no experience. 5 years ago this job was hard to get.

I’ve come across people who simply say they don’t wear deodorant. That’s what showers are for. 🤷‍♂️
I know people who say they don’t wear deodorant and they smell fine but I assume only a small percentage of no-deodorant people manage to not smell bad

Yeah seasonal road construction. You got a clash right now though with the boomers who are conditioned to work themselves to death with all the younger guys who are saying f that.

Younger guys are winning. :lol: they act like because something has been that way it has to stay that way. We can work in the winter. They just don’t want too, I’d rather have weekends off and have a life outside work.
Yea, weekends off are a must. Or at the very least, two separate days off. Most I'll work is 60 hrs a week, but it's all by choice. I'm lucky to be able choose or take days off whenever or go on vacay for however long. But I do like racking up hours. Plus we get a paid hour lunch which is a bonus.

Yea, weekends off are a must. Or at the very least, two separate days off. Most I'll work is 60 hrs a week, but it's all by choice. I'm lucky to be able choose or take days off whenever or go on vacay for however long. But I do like racking up hours. Plus we get a paid hour lunch which is a bonus.

Yeah I can work at my own pace and take all the paid breaks I want which is cool. I don’t get micro managed or anything.

I like making money too but my hourly is pretty good so personally I don’t need to work myself to death but I want some OT.

I’ve been working over 2000 hours a summer for 5 years now. I’m just over it, I want to see my family and friends and have fun again.

I see where they're coming from tbh. I did it one year you sacrifice the summer knowing you get the winter off and make as much as you can while you can. Why work in the winter when if you saved up enough you can take a month long vacation to somewhere it is summer

Yeah I get that side of it too but we still get Dec off regardless and you can take all the time off in the winter you want.

My boss was also sick and tired of us working 20 hours and then not showing up the next day because we were too tired to work and scrambling to find people to drive our trucks. :lol:

Like we’re supposed to go pave a highway but I’m dead to the world sleeping since I just worked damn near 24 hours and if they don’t get the lane closure open it’s a 10,000 dollar fine from the federal government. It just wasn’t sustainable.

It’s oversized stuff too. So you’re falling asleep driving a 140,000 pound truck. There’s no laws with hours and driving in construction here. It’s the Wild West.

Back
Top Bottom