the thread about nothing...

Damn, mandatory though.

How did you feel about that?

i mean I resent being forced into basically anything,
let alone something I think is silly.

I basically consider similar to being forced to introduce myself with my horoscope sign.

a silly imposition but Im not going to make a stink out of, because it's ultimately not a huge impingement on my life.

at some point this trend will pass,
and people will embarrassed they ever got swept up in the great pronoun craze of the 2020's.

I meant to ask you about it but just got reminded because a friend of mine is at a teacher's conference in Colorado and on the questionnaire they asked for her pronouns.

She also finds the whole thing silly/performance based so she avoids it when she can. On the questionnaire she just left it blank thinking that meant her name tag just wouldn't have ANY pronouns listed. But they just picked her pronouns for her and she has she/her on her name tag. I told her that her trolling backfired.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh

I meant to ask you about it but just got reminded because a friend of mine is at a teacher's conference in Colorado and on the questionnaire they asked for her pronouns.

She also finds the whole thing silly/performance based so she avoids it when she can. On the questionnaire she just left it blank thinking that meant her name tag just wouldn't have ANY pronouns listed. But they just picked her pronouns for her and she has she/her on her name tag. I told her that her trolling backfired.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh

it's entirely goofy and im consistently bewildered that so many people in progressive institutions have capitulated to an ideology
that as far as I can tell was invented by children on tumblr.

but the worm is turning.

new york magazine had a peice by a "non binary" author

1661649636565.png

1661649708297.png

people just think this is like gay rights, and we will march at light speed towards accepting everything activist say on these matters.

but if you look into at all you quickly realize a lot this stuff is based on ridiculous concepts
that don't actually make any sense.

We got this email at work last Thursday as well.

I have no issue with carrying out any of the student centered ideas listed. The rest, isn't really for me. If you look at me, you see a he/him. That is the default. I am default. I wouldn't need to announce my pronouns.

GLSEN is a Gay Lesbian Student Group.

Hello All,

As we begin our new school year, I wanted to reach out to offer a great resource for including student pronouns on the first day of school. At the end of this email is an excellent guide from GLSEN that outlines the how and why of honoring student pronouns and provides additional sources for learning more.

Some quick and easy ways to include pronouns in your room:

-If you have a student survey, in addition to a question about preferred name, include a pronoun question and be sure to ask the students if it is ok to use their pronouns with their families and/or other teachers.

- Before you call the names on your roster, ask your class if there is anyone with a name that they would prefer not being read aloud or is different from what is in ASPEN (some students have not changed their names in ASPEN and hearing their dead name repeatedly on the first day can be harmful).

-Provide your own pronouns when you introduce yourself and also add them to your door sign (if you are comfortable doing so)
-Add your pronouns to your email signature (if you are comfortable doing so)

If you have additional questions or would like to check in for additional supports, please do not hesitate to reach out.

I also have great LGBTQ+ Ally stickers (see below) that can be placed on the door of your classroom or office. If you would like one please let me know and I will place it in your mailbox by the end of the week.

Please also feel free to copy and paste this image for inclusion in your email signature if you so wish.

and be sure to ask the students if it is ok to use their pronouns with their families and/or other teachers.

if im reading this right, it's concealing a change in gender from parents?

im not a lawyer but it just seems to me this practice is going to end in lawsuits.

if im reading this right, it's concealing a change in gender from parents?

im not a lawyer but it just seems to me this practice is going to end in lawsuits.

Yea, we've talked about this.

I guess the argument is a Teacher should always provide a safe space because the parent might not know/want their child to live in that world.

But, it IS their child.

Touchy subject and ay teacher that withholds that info should be prepared to get cussed out by a parent.

Yea, we've talked about this.

I guess the argument is a Teacher should always provide a safe space because the parent might not know/want their child to live in that world.

But, it IS their child.

Touchy subject and ay teacher that withholds that info should be prepared to get cussed out by a parent.

yah yall playing with fire imo.

my guess is these lawsuits become more and more common and the practice gets banned

1661651588735.png

yah yall playing with fire imo.

my guess is these lawsuits become more and more common and the practice gets banned

Yea, I could see the lawsuits happening more frequently the further we get into this.

Yea, I am thinking I might just have to consult with parents if I'm ever in that situation.

To me that feels like the right thing to do. If I had a child I wouldn't be happy with adults I'm trusting them with to "keep secrets" from me. (In simplest terms)

And I damn sure wouldn't want my name involved in any type of conspiracy to keep the parent in the dark. (If someone were to sue)

Back
Top Bottom