the thread about nothing...

When people discuss, “Odds of being struck by lightning” the chances include one has to be outside, right?

I got into a debate with a friend, where I was saying the odds have to include just people that are outside, and he said no it includes all people. And I was like, why the hell would they include people that are inside in the average.

Any experts :lol:

Clearly rest in peace rest in peace, but they were outside as I was saying. And a tree they were near was struck by lightning…

IMG_1157.jpeg

When people discuss, “Odds of being struck by lightning” the chances include one has to be outside, right?

I got into a debate with a friend, where I was saying the odds have to include just people that are outside, and he said no it includes all people. And I was like, why the hell would they include people that are inside in the average.

I asked my A.I. if the odds of getting struck by lightening differentiated between people outside versus inside and she said this,

“No, the odds of getting struck by lightning are generally calculated based on the overall population, regardless of whether people are indoors or outdoors.”

So yeah, it appears it’s just population and total number of strikes.

If you’re washing your hands or showering/bathing during a lightning storm, you can get the business too.

Back
Top Bottom