the thread about nothing...

I know but if you live near any of those faults, and figure you’re gonna be alive over the next 30 years

If scientists say there’s a 7/10 chance something will happen before 2054

Doesn’t that scare anyone near there? Who knows where you’ll be standing. Apparently the mid-level office buildings are going to be the most prone to collapse over because seismic waves most match to that height of building in terms of toppling them. Towers should be good apparently because they are too modernly structured to topple, unless they are old/foundation is brick or concrete.

Thanks NOVA, I was already scared for people near the faults.
As long as the infrastructure is good in your city, it’s not worrisome. Most of the buildings in San Francisco are retrofitted to handle a big earthquake. The only area I wouldn’t want to be around is under scaffolding or near an old brick building.

People do still talk about the 1989 one over here and everyone has a story of where they were at, but I noticed that the biggest issues they had with it was the power being out for a while, they had a hard time checking on loved ones, and getting through all of the mess on the street trying to get home.

I just think it doesn’t happen enough for it to be looming over our heads, but when it does happen, we probably won’t shut up about it.😅

But like I said earlier, 3.0 usually reminds people to get some emergency supplies because most news outlets will remind you that a 7.0 earthquake is 1,000,000 times stronger than a 3.0 earthquake. And 3.0 is enough to make dishes fall and sway a grown adult.

As long as the infrastructure is good in your city, it’s not worrisome. Most of the buildings in San Francisco are retrofitted to handle a big earthquake. The only area I wouldn’t want to be around is under scaffolding or near an old brick building.

People do still talk about the 1989 one over here and everyone has a story of where they were at, but I noticed that the biggest issues they had with it was the power being out for a while, they had a hard time checking on loved ones, and getting through all of the mess on the street trying to get home.

I just think it doesn’t happen enough for it to be looming over our heads, but when it does happen, we probably won’t shut up about it.😅

But like I said earlier, 3.0 usually reminds people to get some emergency supplies because most news outlets will remind you that a 7.0 earthquake is 1,000,000 times stronger than a 3.0 earthquake. And 3.0 is enough to make dishes fall and sway a grown adult.
speaking of eathquakes, Japan has them as a normal day to day occurrence. I'm pretty amazed how their buildings could withstand such a force every single day. I doubt Cisco would have any major infrastructure standing if that kind of event happens day after day.

Watching NOVA, geologists and seismologists say there’s a 70% chance of a giant, disaster-causing earthquake on either the San Andreas or Hayward fault in the next 30 years.
I grew up in SoCal. I connnnnnsssstttaaaaantly heard 2 things that were DEFINITELY happening "any day now", like totally for sure:
- San Andreas quake.
- Christ's return.

At a certain point, I think it's natural to be like...

v-MKEjrf-Xd-OKERr4z-FCz-Egx7-A1-Fk-BU-3-SKm3awqoa-FNk.webp

I know but if you live near any of those faults, and figure you’re gonna be alive over the next 30 years

Doesn’t that scare anyone near there? Who knows where you’ll be standing. Apparently the mid-level office buildings are going to be the most prone to collapse over because seismic waves most match to that height of building in terms of toppling them. Towers should be good apparently because they are too modernly structured to topple, unless they are old/foundation is brick or concrete.

Most people aren't worried. Don't be scare for us, bro.

Most buildings are fit to handle huge earthquakes, and people from the West will tell you they'll take an occasional earthquake over hurricanes, tornadoes, etc., any day.

Imma rank em by what ive tried:

Popeyes
McDonalds
Shake Shack
Burger King
Taco Bell
Five Guys
In and Out
KFC
Chic Fil A
Checkers
White Castle
Smashburger
Wendys

If this was reddit id get downvoted :lol: but BK fries are hella underrated, and Nacho Fries from Taco Bell hits everytime. :pimp: Also KFC fries are super underrated also. Wendys fries are terrible, Chic Fil A waffle fries are also overrated. Chic Fil A in general is overrated tbh.

Most people aren't worried. Don't be scare for us, bro.

Most buildings are fit to handle huge earthquakes, and people from the West will tell you they'll take an occasional earthquake over hurricanes, tornadoes, etc., any day.
Dreaming of a return to the Bay when my kids get a bit older. I’ll take the existential threat of natural disaster over the existential dread East Coast winter brings me now 😄

I live right on this fault. All the earthquake insurance quotes have 15% deductible (of property), so mine would be nearly 100k deductible if earthquake happened and damaged my house. Rip-off

Back
Top Bottom