the thread about nothing...

aew-is-now-selling-a-panoramic-poster-with-the-evolution-v0-a7p2mamlqylc1.jpeg

Would y’all consider watching movies and listening to music as hobbies? If you asked 100 people on the street, I don’t think you’d get one person that says they’ve never watched a single movie or don’t listen to any music.

If Caitlin Clark was a black girl named LaKeshia Strickland that played for UAPB or, hell, University of Houston and everything else played out the same, would LaKeshia br a national story?

Listening to Mike Greenberg's radio show today and one of the guys on there goes "There's something about this story that I can't quite put my finger on, because there's been other phenomenal female basketball players but none have quite grabbed the attention of the sports world Clark has" and I'm like, really? You can't quite put your finger on it, huh?

If Caitlin Clark was a black girl named LaKeshia Strickland that played for UAPB or, hell, University of Houston and everything else played out the same, would LaKeshia br a national story?

Listening to Mike Greenberg's radio show today and one of the guys on there goes "There's something about this story that I can't quite put my finger on, because there's been other phenomenal female basketball players but none have quite grabbed the attention of the sports world Clark has" and I'm like, really? You can't quite put your finger on it, huh?

it’s also the style of play though. she’s out there shooting steph curry type shots it’s a very entertaining viral sort of game. not disagreeing but it’s hard to know because we don’t really have anyone in the womens game to compare it to from before. Like i know nothing about womens bball and the only names I can think of from top of head are like Lisa Leslie and Cheryl Miller.

And there's no crossover from the "all these players do is run down and pull up from 3 these days" people and the "Clark is the women's basketball savior" people? I suppose the loudest are the ones that get heard, but we'll see how legit the praise is soon enough, I suppose.

It’s weird how some employers are requiring LinkedIn. At the end of the day that’s still just social media.

Back
Top Bottom