the thread about nothing...

65dade79dec67.jpeg
It's crazy how some people can't go five minutes without some sort of stimulation.

I do my best thinking while taking a dump... Rarely will I even have my phone unless I'm out :lol:

You can Google damn near anything and there's a video of it somewhere on Patrick Mahomes' internet.
That's awesome, and also sucks.
Awesome for obvious reasons.
So why does it suck? Because now nobody wants to talk about anything.
"You should cook your ribs differently."
"Well how do you cook ribs?"
"Here, watch this video."
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

You can Google dann near anything and there's a video of it somewhere on Patrick Mahomes' internet.
So why did it suck? Because now nobody wants to talk about anything.
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Along those similar lines with technology. I no longer have a sense of direction, I know no street names around my town except major cross streets 😂. For the last decade plus I've worked some type of route work with my travel guided by company software or Google. Driving the same roads every day I can't tell you how to get anywhere without my phone 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

You can Google dann near anything and there's a video of it somewhere on Patrick Mahomes' internet.
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Hey CP went and found his GOT post and I was a proud nephew!

Would y’all consider watching movies and listening to music as hobbies? If you asked 100 people on the street, I don’t think you’d get one person that says they’ve never watched a single movie or don’t listen to any music.

100 out of 100 would say they listen to music for sure, but I’m not sure if it’s considered a hobby to anyone. But you’d be pretty surprised how many people don’t watch tv or movies. Might have to get out of your close circle to find those types, but they exist for sure. Not ONE movie? You won’t find anyone on the street that could say that unless they were legally blind.

I live in rural track town USA. Eugene, Oregon. It’s a good mix of sheltered farmers and extreme hippies. I have friends that are religious nuts and have never watched anything that wasn’t approved by their pastor. That’s actually pretty common, I mean there are many many people that believe it’s a sin to watch certain things. they watch religious stuff for sure. But yeah I also have friends that don’t own tvs or computers and just read books and do carpentry.

I’d say out of my friend circle, I’m the only one that watches movies as a hobby.

“If a civilized person doesn't perform, his duty
What shall be done?
Pardon me God, that ***** gotta gun
Bulgin' out his sweatpants, check out his stance
See the side of his grill?
Look like my cousin Lance
Left hand rock a Guess watch
Yo I think I did his Clarks he wore the crush bone leather
With the strings dark”

It's crazy how some people can't go five minutes without some sort of stimulation.

I do my best thinking while taking a dump... Rarely will I even have my phone unless I'm out :lol:
Agreed. Even when I have a podcast going, sometimes I just zone out or get deep in thought about something.

You can Google damn near anything and there's a video of it somewhere on Patrick Mahomes' internet.
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Did that happen here in the food thread?

Along those similar lines with technology. I no longer have a sense of direction, I know no street names around my town except major cross streets 😂. For the last decade plus I've worked some type of route work with my travel guided by company software or Google. Driving the same roads every day I can't tell you how to get anywhere without my phone 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

Growing up I had about 30 phone numbers memorized. Surprisingly still about 10 of them I know guess it’s deep in that long term memory bank.

It’s simple things like this that are so interesting to me. Like there’s a few times I got a girls number and just had to memorize it had no pen on me. Did that technique where you just repeat stuff 3x or over and over to memorize it lol.

The directions one too. Had to really internalize the basics and know what’s what and then print out directions and occasionally glance at it for a new place.

That said, the world is specializing so that general knowledge has been replaced by technology i get that. The only way to succeed nowadays is to learn one skill and become a master at it and get compensated well for it. Generalists only matter when you get to upper management level or executive level and gotta be “well rounded” enough to handle a large amount of varied topics at a more superficial level.

Back
Top Bottom