the thread about nothing...

That’s in December.

What do you want us to do that requires over eight months of lead time?
I would’ve thought there would be something in the logo all this year. I’ve been subliminally seeing the numbers 1999 this whole time.

And yes it took me damn near 4 months to realize that equals 25. :lol:

I would’ve thought there would be something in the logo all this year. I’ve been subliminally seeing the numbers 1999 this whole time.

And yes it took me damn near 4 months to realize that equals 25. :lol:

If we wind up adding a celebratory banner, it would go up on the anniversary and run through year 25 - not year 24.

That’s in December.

What do you want us to do that requires over eight months of lead time?

Man, I hate that we’re all geriatric now. 15 years ago I’m sure we would have suggested all sorts of debauchery.

Now it’s just “A nice banner would be splendid.”

As I slip off my Hokas, take my pills, and start my skin care routine.

If we wind up adding a celebratory banner, it would go up on the anniversary and run through year 25 - not year 24.

Is it possible that we can start back the donation thing from back in the day? I really like when we did that, we donate to a good cause and we get a signature tag for being a donator

qiof6d1rvkqc1.webp

Man, I hate that we’re all geriatric now. 15 years ago I’m sure we would have suggested all sorts of debauchery.

Are Hokas really that comfortable? My girl who’s on healthcare has some and they just look so damn goofy to me 🤣

It’s not as if we would’ve provided any encouragement or support for “debauchery” 15 years ago, either.

I’m sure we’ll host some retrospective content/discussions when the time comes, but it’s still pretty far off so suggestions are welcome.

Just bear in mind that NikeTalk was caught up in this last year, so our budget is not what it was for the 20th anniversary:

NikeTalk has already vastly exceeded any expectations we had going in, so at this point if we can just avoid some other unethical tech company nightmare between now and December I'll be happy.

Is it possible that we can start back the donation thing from back in the day? I really like when we did that, we donate to a good cause and we get a signature tag for being a donator
Those events were a highlight for me, too. On the original site, we had to manually add each user’s badges to their signature area. These days, with so many badges from past campaigns and mobile device use comprising the majority of traffic, that’s not really viable.

It would be cool if everyone could earn badges or avatar frames and select one for display in the “postbit” area with their username/avatar, but that would require extensive custom development only applicable to the current platform - which I would not really want to commit to long-term, as active development has slowed considerably and it’s done little to keep pace with contemporary user expectations.

So, while I would love to do another one, it’s not a great match for our current platform and development budget.

The “supporter” badges you may have seen around serve as our current replacement. Any user who upgrades their account with a donation receives this badge and a minimized ad experience. Since these donations are insufficient to cover our community’s hosting/support costs, we’ve been donating everything we receive (minus whatever PayPal deducts) to charities like Doctors Without Borders and plan to do so again this year.

NT 25 year patch?
You did an amazing job with the 20th anniversary patch, which, for those who don’t know, was slated to appear on some new merch, including a snapback, but unfortunately the factory screwed up our last run of caps before the pandemic hit and we no longer have an active sponsor to help out with distribution.

Still, there’s quite a bit of time remaining so it’s possible that the necessary partnership/volunteer support could materialize between now and then.

If nothing else, the design would be a great accompaniment to any celebration, as the 20th anniversary patch design was in 2019.

Here's one of the sadly unused design concepts featuring daruma daruma 's patch, for those curious.

20th-anniversary-chest.jpg

It’s not as if we would’ve provided any encouragement or support for “debauchery” 15 years ago, either.

I’m sure we’ll host some retrospective content/discussions when the time comes, but it’s still pretty far off so suggestions are welcome.

Just bear in mind that NikeTalk was caught up in this last year, so our budget is not what it was for the 20th anniversary:

NikeTalk has already vastly exceeded any expectations we had going in, so at this point if we can just avoid some other unethical tech company nightmare between now and December I'll be happy.

Those events were a highlight for me, too. On the original site, we had to manually add each user’s badges to their signature area. These days, with so many badges from past campaigns and mobile device use comprising the majority of traffic, that’s not really viable.

It would be cool if everyone could earn badges or avatar frames and select one for display in the “postbit” area with their username/avatar, but that would require extensive custom development only applicable to the current platform - which I would not really want to commit to long-term, as active development has slowed considerably and it’s done little to keep pace with contemporary user expectations.

So, while I would love to do another one, it’s not a great match for our current platform and development budget.

The “supporter” badges you may have seen around serve as our current replacement. Any user who upgrades their account with a donation receives this badge and a minimized ad experience. Since these donations are insufficient to cover our community’s hosting/support costs, we’ve been donating everything we receive (minus whatever PayPal deducts) to charities like Doctors Without Borders and plan to do so again this year.

You did an amazing job with the 20th anniversary patch, which, for those who don’t know, was slated to appear on some new merch, including a snapback, but unfortunately the factory screwed up our last run of caps before the pandemic hit and we no longer have an active sponsor to help out with distribution.

Still, there’s quite a bit of time remaining so it’s possible that the necessary partnership/volunteer support could materialize between now and then.

If nothing else, the design would be a great accompaniment to any celebration, as the 20th anniversary patch design was in 2019.

Here's one of the sadly unused design concepts featuring daruma daruma 's patch, for those curious.

20th-anniversary-chest.jpg
ima see if i can give u simple example of a hoodie/shirt
alot of ppl on the site pay top dollar for supreme gear im sure they would pay for NT gear which proceeds to go to charity

Last edited:

That's understandable, Meth, I wouldn't want to put NT in a worse spot too if the current budget doesn't cover it. Also, I got one more question; would staff be okay if a member created an app for ios for NT but at no cost to the community?

Methodical Management Methodical Management

I’m not sure what happened with the websites relationship with the clothing brand Random Objects. I remember they had some sort of sponsorship with NT.

If a good standing relationship still exists with that company, it would be cool to see some sort of collab with NT. Their shirts are very high quality, and I support their message and mission statement, as a consumer.

Back
Top Bottom