the thread about nothing...

Rck2 has that rare ability. Some are actually really productive taking that route *shrugs*. I wasn't one of them :lol:

im all for free stuff, i mean who isnt :lol:

but instead of giving it to us, who already have, how about donating it? or giving to a church or homeless shelter?

I run a non-profit organization in my community for Single Mothers and I was partnered with my local church, but after I went to jail and came back....the "Church" didn't like my image too much, guess I didn't tithe enough. Stupid mother f******* in Fredericksburg. Cowardly and judgmental.

I still do my thing, but I had to rebuild my "image" and reputation back over the years after the false allegations and the slander.

I've given back tons to Single Mothers and young children. I even tried to promote it heavily on NT 3 years ago.....and all I received was:

:rofl: :rofl: :lol:

|I

Man if any NT'ers lived near me id be down to kick it and hoop.
Im in da san Fernando Valley. I need to beat u juan on juan for bragging rights
LOL.

Won't happen son. Can't wait until the Lakers summit, I accept you're challenge.
I am going to attend that 
nerd.gif

Hope you're all having a great day, I'm on my way home!!! Last night was wild man... Too many stories

Brah I've had friends who are currently nurses go through that extensive *** program. They had to study night and day and give up most of their lives just to squeek by and barely pass all their hard *** tests.

How you manage to post on NT and plan to pass those clinicals ill never know. Maybe you're a genius. Maybe you're naturally smart? (fit the stereotype...*ahem*),

Idk, But I wouldn't want my kids lives in the hands of a nurse who spent most of their time discussing Kings basketball and Bodega sandwiches on NT instead of hittin the books hard :lol:

For the safety of future sick children, I urge you Rck, study. :tongue:
I know, I know.... I hear this ALL the time from my parents and classmates (I think they are lightweight salty at my approach 
laugh.gif

)

but trust me, 90% of the time when I'm on NT, watching tv, drinking, eating, whatever I'm getting my studies in.

When I was younger my parent's made me take study technique classes (typical asian parent's move) and for the longest time I was this straightedge, 100% focused studious kinda student, it didn't really work for me but I stuck with it cuz I figured it'd make sense. Since my 2nd year in college (like 5 years ago now 
sick.gif
) I have had a little more of a casual style of studying and embracing my ADD-like ways 
laugh.gif
 and it's worked thus far.

Plus having almost 1000+ hours of experience working as an EMT/medic helps with the process and procedures of clinicals. Its not easy, but makes it a more comfortable experience having been around this stuff for almost 3 years before getting in the program.

I guess if I were to sum up how I tackle school and fun would be:

unlike people who say study hard, play later/harder or whatever?

I say why not do both (sometimes literally) at the same time... 

Ahhhh.
Okay.
Gotcha bruh. It def helps when you explain it like that, I feel like I understand so much more about you just based off of that one post :lol:

Yeah man, def good to work hard and play hard. Unfortunately too much play for me in college. I settled on a bachelors degree in ART.
And that's not getting me a good job :smh: :lol:
So I'm actually studying for something on the side myself, but I'm keeping it under wraps until I get it. I want to surprise everyone, even on NT.

I've always been the kinda guy to flip flop with what I wanna do. I tell people I'm trying to do photography or art and a year later people check up on me and I haven't gotten anywhere. So this time, the only people that know what I'm studying to be are my girl and my parents. I want to do less talk and more work. Get my certificate then show everyone.

Ill be honest tho, my add is worse than most. It's why I failed 6 majors and settled on art in college...DIdnt have to read :smh:

And NT isn't helping me with my studying right now. So I'm actually about to cut down severely once these playoffs are done and get serious about it. You won't be seeing me around too much cuz I need to get my fckin life together :smh:

P.S. you really say that 90%
Of the time when you're drinking you're studying? :rofl: so when you out in downtown sac you got you're nursing book open at the bar? :lol:

Just found an awesome deal on Craigslist for some turntables. If I didn't have to work my 2nd gig this evening I would've grabbed them tonight, but I'm definitely going tomorrow evening :pimp:

Man, we had some ice cream at work. I was eating it and one of my female coworkers say, "You gets no romance the way you just put that ice cream in your mouth."

I'm like, "Wha...what?" :wow: :frown:

Man if any NT'ers lived near me id be down to kick it and hoop.
i'm close to you kinda 
embarassed.gif

You didn't ge tamarind. Iam disappoint
i don't like that, i don't think i've ever tasted tamarindo in my life 
indifferent.gif

i miss the raspados from LA, i would always get the lechera.
smokin.gif
i didn't know you were from LA til riceboy made that thread last week or so. i thought you were born and raised over there where you're at.
a snow cone? 
nerd.gif
shaved ice
Im in da san Fernando Valley. I need to beat u juan on juan for bragging rights

Man, we had some ice cream at work. I was eating it and one of my female coworkers say, "You gets no romance the way you just put that ice cream in your mouth."

I'm like, "Wha...what?" :wow: :frown:

Tricky situation but salvageable. What's the situation like?

Speaking of which my co worker came in this morning commenting on it being rainy the past couple of days.

Her: "I'm tired"
Me: "Yeah, me too"
Her: "I'm just tired of all this rain. I need some sun. I need that D vitamin"

of course my NT brain kicked in for a second :lol:. I meant to post this earlier this morning

Speaking of which my co worker came in this morning commenting on it being rainy the past couple of days.

Her: "I'm tired"
Me: "Yeah, me too"
Her: "I'm just tired of all this rain. I need some sun. I need that D vitamin"

of course my NT brain kicked in for a second
laugh.gif
. I meant to post this earlier this morning
Should have whispered in her ear

I'd be scared to travel down that road Pablo. Can't say I never had a thought or two smashing, but she's married and I have a gf, so meh.

I hate Megan Fox's thumbs like nobody's business.

Ahhhh.
Okay.
Gotcha bruh. It def helps when you explain it like that, I feel like I understand so much more about you just based off of that one post
laugh.gif

Yeah man, def good to work hard and play hard. Unfortunately too much play for me in college. I settled on a bachelors degree in ART.
And that's not getting me a good job
mean.gif
laugh.gif

So I'm actually studying for something on the side myself, but I'm keeping it under wraps until I get it. I want to surprise everyone, even on NT.

I've always been the kinda guy to flip flop with what I wanna do. I tell people I'm trying to do photography or art and a year later people check up on me and I haven't gotten anywhere. So this time, the only people that know what I'm studying to be are my girl and my parents. I want to do less talk and more work. Get my certificate then show everyone.

Ill be honest tho, my add is worse than most. It's why I failed 6 majors and settled on art in college...DIdnt have to read
mean.gif

And NT isn't helping me with my studying right now. So I'm actually about to cut down severely once these playoffs are done and get serious about it. You won't be seeing me around too much cuz I need to get my fckin life together
mean.gif

P.S. you really say that 90%
Of the time when you're drinking you're studying?
roll.gif
so when you out in downtown sac you got you're nursing book open at the bar?
laugh.gif
damn dude 6 majors??? What were they all? 

5 of my HS friends went to UCSB, and I was absolutely shocked they all graduated in 4 years there. It was kind of a good thing I went to community college first to get my **** together, and then went to Sac State where its pretty boring and gives me a lot less distractions then if I went to school in LA or LB

Hell no, going out to the bars would count towards the 10% of the time when I'm purely not studying

after our finals tho me and a few classmates might head to the bar and bring our nclex books to study while we're there
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom