the thread about nothing...

^ I agree. I always knew the line between just enough and having a bad grade. Never wasted my energy on things that I didn't deem necessary.

It just always seemed like the ones that did really good in school were always super stressed. Worried because they think they got a B- on an assignment.
30t6p3b.gif
I was laid back and had a lot more fun in school because of it.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ I agree. I always knew the line between just enough and having a bad grade. Never wasted my energy on things that I didn't deem necessary.

It just always seemed like the ones that did really good in school were always super stressed. Worried because they think they got a B- on an assignment.
30t6p3b.gif

I despised getting B+s (still do), but I didn't let it run my life, I still hung out, played sports, had fun, etc.

I think it's all balance. Some of my friends who wished they tried harder in school didn't try at all. They had fun but left out the work part.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Put em up

Old man why are you always so mad or salty in your post?

....funny. one would think, as much as you keep me in your mouth the only one tasting salt would be you.
SOOOOO corny 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

30t6p3b.gif

I despised getting B+s (still do), but I didn't let it run my life, I still hung out, played sports, had fun, etc.

I think it's all balance. Some of my friends who wished they tried harder in school didn't try at all. They had fun but left out the work part.

if your still in HS did you take advanced courses? Because I am and I feel really stressed out . I get B+ but it is hard work to keep it. Going back to regular classes isnt an option because I plan on being top 10 in my class. Also does anyone in here suffer from procrastinating? Right now I'm trying to do a essay due Tuesday but I can't figure out where to start. I wish I would've started sooner
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kevi

if your still in HS did you take advanced courses? Because I am and I feel really stressed out . I get B+ but it is hard work to keep it. Going back to regular classes isnt an option because I plan on being top 10 in my class. Also does anyone in here suffer from procrastinating? Right now I'm trying to do a essay due Tuesday but I can't figure out where to start. I wish I would've started sooner
frown.gif

Yeah I'm a senior right now, and I took/am taking advanced courses.

This year is my most intensive workload (3 APs, 1 Honors class) and technically I can chill now but there's no way I'm going to do that. When you tell people your GPA, you don't tell them "I had a 3.7 until second semester senior year", you tell them "I have a 3.3". I'm going to finish high school the way I started it.

What classes are you taking? I'm good with math/science, so if you need help feel free to PM me.

30t6p3b.gif
same thing with my in h.s....I maintained a 70 average all throughout h.s.  It wasn't until I hit college that I actually applied myself.  Do I regret not putting in more effort in h.s.?  Yea, especially because I didn't get to start off in a 4 year college.

But then again I was in CC with some people from h.s. that busted their #*@.

On another note...I'm starting to dislike living in a big city.  I say this every year since I was 23 but I really enjoy walking down a street or avenue and not having to squirm your way through slow people.  What makes this worse is that media basically breeds us to seek out the big cities to live that hype kind of life.  If I do move i'm probably gonna just end up regretting it and wishing I stayed. Womp.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

same thing with my in h.s....I maintained a 70 average all throughout h.s.  It wasn't until I hit college that I actually applied myself.  Do I regret not putting in more effort in h.s.?  Yea, especially because I didn't get to start off in a 4 year college.

But then again I was in CC with some people from h.s. that busted their #*@.

On another note...I'm starting to dislike living in a big city.  I say this every year since I was 23 but I really enjoy walking down a street or avenue and not having to squirm your way through slow people.  What makes this worse is that media basically breeds us to seek out the big cities to live that hype kind of life.  If I do move i'm probably gonna just end up regretting it and wishing I stayed. Womp.

I'd much rather live in a city than a town, but the grass is always greener on the other side.

A city seems much more vibrant and interesting though, and things are open later and are more easily accessible. I can't really think of any benefits to living in a town, except that it's quiet at night.

frown.gif

Yeah I'm a senior right now, and I took/am taking advanced courses.

This year is my most intensive workload (3 APs, 1 Honors class) and technically I can chill now but there's no way I'm going to do that. When you tell people your GPA, you don't tell them "I had a 3.7 until second semester senior year", you tell them "I have a 3.3". I'm going to finish high school the way I started it.

What classes are you taking? I'm good with math/science, so if you need help feel free to PM me.

I'm only a freshman but taking all the highest classes I can take.Sometimes I fell like I just can't do it anymore. I get home at 3 and do homework till 9. It's not fair. I constantly have to keep up with due dates. How do you get through all of this whole maintaining with sports and going out with friends as you said?

nothing is worse than playing consistent hoops all your life, and have to sit and watch because of an ACL surgery... makes me appreciate my health

^ damn rayray, get better, really puts things in perspective
I always feel crappy because my sport is so unpopular

I can't just ask a n____ to a pick up wrestling match
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

^ damn rayray, get better, really puts things in perspective
I always feel crappy because my sport is so unpopular

I can't just ask a n____ to a pick up wrestling match
sick.gif
yeah but then again when someone gets out of line you can tune them up real quick I bet 
laugh.gif

ps - always had respect for wrestlers and water polo players for how hard you guys work out (no homodepot) 

I'm only a freshman but taking all the highest classes I can take.Sometimes I fell like I just can't do it anymore. I get home at 3 and do homework till 9. It's not fair. I constantly have to keep up with due dates. How do you get through all of this whole maintaining with sports and going out with friends as you said?

For the most part, I'm a quick learner. I can usually read/hear things once and that will stick with me. This made studying easy, so most of my effort went towards homework. There's no shortcut to homework - you have to do it. For homework, I did it just to pass (unlike studying, which I did to learn). I didn't and still don't think homework is helpful.

I was in your position last year. I had so much work and I couldn't put any of the material together. That's when I shut down everything else besides my studies. No hanging out, no sports, no video games, just go to the library every night and learn it. If things aren't coming to you, you have to sacrifice things if you want to improve.

Whatever happens, don't stop... we all hate school - it's long, boring and what seems to be a waste of time to everyone. It's one thing to work hard at something you love, like sports, or music, or writing, art, whatever, but it's a completely different thing to work hard at something you dislike but recognize the importance of. School and education is important, no matter how you slice it, and you're given the opportunities that other people don't have.

You can just look at this thread and see people write how they wished they tried harder when they were in HS. Well you're in HS now, so try your best... you don't want to be the one writing the same thing in 4 years - learn from their experiences.

Today is the first day of daylight savings, and I'm already adjusted to the time shift. I think I will go to bed soon.

For the most part, I'm a quick learner. I can usually read/hear things once and that will stick with me. This made studying easy, so most of my effort went towards homework. There's no shortcut to homework - you have to do it. For homework, I did it just to pass (unlike studying, which I did to learn). I didn't and still don't think homework is helpful.

I was in your position last year. I had so much work and I couldn't put any of the material together. That's when I shut down everything else besides my studies. No hanging out, no sports, no video games, just go to the library every night and learn it. If things aren't coming to you, you have to sacrifice things if you want to improve.

Whatever happens, don't stop... we all hate school - it's long, boring and what seems to be a waste of time to everyone. It's one thing to work hard at something you love, like sports, or music, or writing, art, whatever, but it's a completely different thing to work hard at something you dislike but recognize the importance of. School and education is important, no matter how you slice it, and you're given the opportunities that other people don't have.

You can just look at this thread and see people write how they wished they tried harder when they were in HS. Well you're in HS now, so try your best... you don't want to be the one writing the same thing in 4 years - learn from their experiences.

thanks man really. I needed to hear something like this and I'm not the only one that experiences this.

hol up someone younger than me?!
eek.gif

if you have study hall do some of your homework there

study,study,study and study some more

I myself do work in order of time and importance

see if you can do any extra credit to make up for any misses

for example- if i have something more important in another class

i'll skip something meaningless to do the more important work than i'll make up for it later

for example homework won't affect your grade much unless you're constantly not doing it

hope i helped

got a 8am class in the morning and i brought it on myself
indifferent.gif

i wish that by the time i'm 19 i'll never have to work another day in my life

i need to convince my girl to stop smoking weed, even though she's a genius %#%! getting in my damn clothes

i haven't spoken to best friend since we graduated HS, i miss that #+!!+
frown.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Stayed in all the sports I quit and joined soccer in HS
Worked harder in school.

Worried less about shoes, clothes and boys and worried less about what people thought of me.

Too much to name

Why do so many people past HS say they wish they worked harder in school?

Did you guys just not do anything at all? What did you even do when you were in school... I mean I know I could have worked harder my previous years, but I don't regret anything at all.

Just in general I could have done better I didnt chalenge myself. 
I made B's   when I could have made A's
Should have took more AP classes

I didnt join clubs because of laziness

whywesteppin wrote:
Today is the first day of daylight savings, and I'm already adjusted to the time shift. I think I will go to bed soon.

I made sure I did everything an hour late today..
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom