the thread about nothing...

Feeling a bit better today. Still a bit of a zombie but I don't feel like crying all day anymore. Seems like this antidepressant is working.

Only thing is this is the first time I'm gonna hit up a Drafthouse dolo, I usually go to the big *** theater in the rich part of town, but their matinees are $9.00 :x

I just feel like it's gonna be a bit awkward since it's one of those full service places that have a menu and they bring the food to you

Last edited:
how yall feel about going to a bar dolo?

i like to stop by the bar after work sometimes. grab a quick jameson on the rocks to take the edge off, shoot the breeze with the bartender and then head home level headed.

i like to stop by the bar after work sometimes. grab a quick jameson on the rocks to take the edge off, shoot the breeze with the bartender and then head home level headed.
I'd never do that (I'm 19 btw). People would think I have no friends.

When I was 19 I thought never. At 26, I def would enjoy that. It would be more of a sportsbar type scene though. Watch a little sports center or something.

I'd never do that (I'm 19 btw). People would think I have no friends.
hah word. i dont mean like on a friday night when its live, but i see where you're coming from.
When I was 19 I thought never. At 26, I def would enjoy that. It would be more of a sportsbar type scene though. Watch a little sports center or something.
yeah im 25. and that's exactly what i mean. peep some espn, and clear my head.

I don't get the social stigma with doing things alone.

I go to shows alone, except hip-hop shows, I always have someone to go with me for those, but for metal/indie shows I go dolo, but I ALWAYS bump into someone I know there, who 90% of the time are there alone too :lol:

It's rare that I don't bump into someone I know but I end up talking with a bunch of people about the bands playing and made some friends at some of the shows, it's good way to meet new people, hell at one of the shows some guy I met was cool with the band and I ended up meeting them after the show because of him.

If you want to try going somewhere alone, then by all means go for it, worst case scenario, you feel awkward about it, but you can always leave, because remember, you're there alone, unless you're super self-conscious you shouldn't feel weird, everyone has an opinion but no one is gonna come up to you and call you weird for doing something alone, if it gets too weird for you, there's no one to tell you "Why are we leaving?" it's entirely up to you, just remove yourself from the situation and go home, you don't have to tell anyone about it, no one saw you, just chalk it up as something that's not for you :lol:

gym alone
grocery store alone
target all the time alone....girls flock there
to kill time before a hair cut i grab qdoba alone and just chill and eat

I would like to go to the movies alone to see a scary movie. The more you do it the more used to it you get....not a big deal for me these days...used to care though

:wow:

I need her address now :nerd:

It's my day off, all my friends are at work.

So I'm just gonna go to the Drafthouse and catch The Wolf Of Wall Street dolo.

Anyone else enjoy going to the movies by themselves?

I like it a lot better than going with people, unless it's a big movie I don't wanna be in a crowd, a lot of unnecessary chatter and sometimes I just really wanna pay attention to the movie and enjoy it.

there is a new theater near my home that opened a few years ago. its not the popular theatre in town. i like going there because even on opening day for a good movie there is not even half a theatre full. feels good because its not crowded.

Going to see about this job |I

Wish me luck

good luck papi. if you make it big my paypal is ready.

I don't get the social stigma with doing things alone.

I go to shows alone, except hip-hop shows, I always have someone to go with me for those, but for metal/indie shows I go dolo, but I ALWAYS bump into someone I know there, who 90% of the time are there alone too :lol:

It's rare that I don't bump into someone I know but I end up talking with a bunch of people about the bands playing and made some friends at some of the shows, it's good way to meet new people, hell at one of the shows some guy I met was cool with the band and I ended up meeting them after the show because of him.

If you want to try going somewhere alone, then by all means go for it, worst case scenario, you feel awkward about it, but you can always leave, because remember, you're there alone, unless you're super self-conscious you shouldn't feel weird, everyone has an opinion but no one is gonna come up to you and call you weird for doing something alone, if it gets too weird for you, there's no one to tell you "Why are we leaving?" it's entirely up to you, just remove yourself from the situation and go home, you don't have to tell anyone about it, no one saw you, just chalk it up as something that's not for you :lol:

gym alone
grocery store alone
target all the time alone....girls flock there
to kill time before a hair cut i grab qdoba alone and just chill and eat

I would like to go to the movies alone to see a scary movie. The more you do it the more used to it you get....not a big deal for me these days...used to care though

All BS aside, its mad feminine to be scared to do things alone.

Back
Top Bottom