the thread about nothing...

Become Sheriff, or NYPD? Decisions. :smh:

Sherif for where?

i think i want to be a police officer. cruzin around in a car. pimp it out with da candy paint. all da doughnuts i could want and i could be on Cops 
nthat.gif

Do sheriff, seems like an easier job.
I'm conflicted man, I want to be out in traffic. Auto accident investigations, out on the road, NYC does a lot of foot patrol. Out here it's more like traffic interaction, etc. Plus these chargers are beauties, the city just bought them about a year ago.

i think i want to be a police officer. cruzin around in a car. pimp it out with da candy paint. all da doughnuts i could want and i could be on Cops :nthat:

Did you know on duty cops eat at 24 hour fast food restaurants for free.

I'm conflicted man, I want to be out in traffic. Auto accident investigations, out on the road, NYC does a lot of foot patrol. Out here it's more like traffic interaction, etc. Plus these chargers are beauties, the city just bought them about a year ago.

In doing sheriff in my area, they hand the court houses and prisoner transport.

Work 9-5 with weekends and holidays off :lol: :smokin
It's different here, Tampa PD has jurisdiction within the Tampa city limits (obvious) with joint help from the Sheriffs who go county wide. It's a pretty big county, I think a little over 1 million?

Last edited:
It's different here, Tampa PD has jurisdiction within the Tampa city limits (obvious) with joint help from the Sheriffs who go county wide. It's a pretty big county, I think a little over 1 million?

Ah ok.

In jersey the sheriffs handle the court houses / transport and patrol the parks :lol:

We have the state troopers that handle the highways.

And the local PD that handle their city limits.
Yeah I'd figure the roles are different up north. TPD gets paid horrible and are basically the ones that are never taken seriously, they're usually parked next to each other talking. The Sheriffs are always around on the move. A friend of mine's dad is a sheriff and he brings in 4k a month. He has the benefit of an unmarked charger along with a motorcycle, and his house is in the newer communities.

ahh gotta love the RO thread, apparently I'm a troll.

is it true, do I get the jimmies rustlin'?

:nerd:

Last edited:
City / Sheriff start from 32,500-37,500 and double after your year of probation.

The Troopers make more because they take the best of the best, and it's a ***** to get into, they start higher.

We also have NJ/NY Port Authority PD which is harder to get into than troopers and your only going in if you know someone otherwise the waiting list is years long.
That's TPD salary, Sheriffs out here are hitting 44k a year starting. That port authority is no joke, my dads former NYPD and he said he had a couple of guys in his precinct that tried for the Port only to get turned down. Pay has to definitely be worth it for it to be that hard to get into it.

Back
Top Bottom