the thread about nothing...

When I was growing up in Queens, I lived in an apartment building. In the back, next to all the garbage there was space to put up a basketball hoop and because my dad was cool with the owner of the building, he let us put that hoop up. Once word got out, every kid in the building would come down to play. I played the most cuz my apartment was basically right outside the makeshift basketball court. For a whole summer, everyday kids in the building would knock on my door and we'd play..and eventually there were kids from other apartment buildings and houses on our block that would come over too

Man, that was some fun times

/endmemorylanerant

Last edited:
Kids are on their phones/iPads/laptops these days 
mean.gif
 Streets used to be filled with kids back in my day 

You're in the city at night in your favorite pair of jordans and a guy walks up to you and asks for your sneakers. He might have a weapon, might not.

Do you:

a) tell him to pay for his own **** and get ready to rumble
b) get your parkour on and run like an assassin's creed character
c) bend over and take a walk of shame home in your socks?

My preference is b and than a

Kids are on their phones/iPads/laptops these days 
mean.gif
 Streets used to be filled with kids back in my day 
Kids don't even b outside anymore
Both of these are probably overstated and unfair to the kids who are grasping at what the world gives them innocently. They don't know what this world is until they're growing up and we show it to them.

The hope is that most kids growing up with an iPad or whatever tablet will have a valuable perspective, appreciating the scaled-down timespans they're spending outdoors. For us it was so common that it was routine, and maybe we let those memories fly by all too often without enjoying their fleeting existence.

Dunno if they truly will appreciate it or will spend that time thinking about what they're not doing (being on their iPad).

Last edited:
jjs jjs SC kid SC kid Love Rick and Morty and it s***** all over Bobs Burgers S/O to my man Ree though (creator of s'neads and character designer for bobs burgers)

Last edited:
Anyone here watch Archer? The first seasons were good when the show was about a secret agency. Once Vice started, the show went downhill and got old real quick. Pam's character in particular tries way too hard to be funny.

south park dumps on every cartoon.

tried watching what's on nowadays but nah. OG nick, simpsons, south park remain 
nthat.gif

Had a one hour conversation with my uncle.
I feel like a new man every time I talk to him.
You can honestly never stop learning or taking advice.
Gonna have to call my pops tomorrow and catch up with him too.

Back
Top Bottom