The thread about nothing

Can you guys recommend me some dark, moody sounding reggae music? I heard some when I was in the Jamaican food spot, but I couldnt figure out what it was

w/ or w/o vocals? was it some older stuff? or modern sounding?

It had vocals. I think it was older. the guy told me the name but I just cant remember it, and its killing me. do you have any suggestions? I've never been into reggae, but this really caught my ear

cant think of any reggae that i would call dark/moody. but heres some non bad boys/maxi priest sounding stuff.

listen to the words of the first song, they are quite possibly the most player lines ever wrote.

Last edited:
thanks bro, keep the reggae coming guys, I feel like I'm so behind on the genre as a whole

there are so many sub genres you could dig forever, dancehall, instrumental/vocal dub, lovers rock, british groups, roots, etc..........

yeah I'm figure that out. The song I heard in the Jamaican restaurant was so dark and moody, I could listen to that all day, but I cant remember the artist!

Pen & Pixel :lol: :pimp:

I'm scanning some of those, and that 'Usual Suspects' album has one was Project Pat's angriest verses of all time. Felt like he was about to come through the headphones and rob me.

:x This one makes me itch

Last edited:
bout to get me a braves jersey and a fuzzy kangol so i can dress up like 3 stacks in the players ball video this summer.

cant believe southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is gonna be 20 yrs old next yr. :wow:

Last edited:
other albums also turning 20 next year, illmatic, ready to die.

and this year is the anni of doggystyle, 93 til infinity, enter the 36 chambers

damn time flies and im getting old. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom