THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Just joining the thread..

anyone else take advantage of the converse sale? Got some JP pro and Lopez pro’s on the way that I’m pretty stoked for. Hoping they fit right.

Just picked up skating again after 7+ years not touching a board seriously. Landed a trey flip I was honestly surprised I was able to do it. Not clean at all.

Women’s battle of the berrics is going on. Anyone down to go to the championship? Also met candy today at the Venice skatepark on the flat ground. Really cool and was chill. Her battle is on Monday against Jenn Soto

What are people using for set ups?
Looking to set up a 9”+ board.. soft-ish wheels I think that I wanna be comfortable on but still mess around on flat/curbs/manuals.

riding a 8.5” enjoi that I’m not too fond of. Steep kick mellow concave but too much space between bolts and rear kick. With spitfire56mm 80hd chargers

Last edited:
Peeped u on slap jay :emoji_eyes:

Jenn Soto is from around my way in NJ. So proud of her. Used to see her all the time at the Jersey City Rink. Hyped for Maurio McCoy from Reading PA reppin USA too.

Riding a 8.1 palace now. Can’t go higher than 8.25. Had like two 8.5. albeit fun AF going fast and doing ledge tricks with those and riding mini, I miss doin flatground with ease. Guess I prefer a mellow board/flat. Don’t mind steep or mellow kicks tho. 144 Indy’s and 53 OJ wheels. Like these OJs, they have been staying white

Peeped u on slap jay :emoji_eyes:

Jenn Soto is from around my way in NJ. So proud of her. Used to see her all the time at the Jersey City Rink. Hyped for Maurio McCoy from Reading PA reppin USA too.

Riding a 8.1 palace now. Can’t go higher than 8.25. Had like two 8.5. albeit fun AF going fast and doing ledge tricks with those and riding mini, I miss doin flatground with ease. Guess I prefer a mellow board/flat. Don’t mind steep or mellow kicks tho. 144 Indy’s and 53 OJ wheels. Like these OJs, they have been staying white
Yeah man! Just got back over there after all these years haha. Tryna use my board for activity these days and my daughter gets a kick out of it.

Haven’t skated in forever since I was a kid but my friend gave me a deck and some indy trucks so I stopped by my local and finished setting it up. I have to start from the basics all over again. Sucks that it’s winter in NY and I’ll have limited time to be go outside and pick this up again.
Any good resources or videos I should check out?
317300BB-3E23-4356-AFB0-45B87A27C8EC.jpeg

Learn how to skate first and foremost THEN start to learn tricks. I couldn’t imagine learning how to skate as an adult. Skateboarding was time consuming growing up. Be prepared for people to look at you funny for being a grown man on a skateboard, especially if you’re not good.

Yea I’d cruise around first, be one with the board. Learning to distribute weight.

Had this awesome Panasonic vcr back in the day that would be able to slow mo frame by frame to learn foot placement, and this pre hop before popping to get the full blast of your quads.

I digress, going up and down, then doing pivots or kick turns on flatbanks are good to learn. Learning to pump up the ramp going slow and trying to get to the top by leaning back but at the same time staying on top of your board if that makes sense ( pumping). Eventually trying to kick turn on flat ground like a no pop 180 by legendary NYC’r below

Then probably a “non pop” pop shovit would be easier than a kick flip.

Don’t know how determined u are, or what skill level but maybe try YouTubing whatever tricks your trying to learn. They’ll for sure have a slow mo clip of said trick.

Last edited:
I digress, doing pivots or kick turns on flatbanks are good to learn to pump and eventually doing it on flat ground like a no pop 180 by legendary LI'er
FTFY.

You guys are correct, though. Gonz touched upon this in the Daewon documentary. Like any other skill, you need a solid understanding of the basics before getting technical.

Last edited:
Learn how to skate first and foremost THEN start to learn tricks. I couldn’t imagine learning how to skate as an adult. Skateboarding was time consuming growing up. Be prepared for people to look at you funny for being a grown man on a skateboard, especially if you’re not good.
Yeah man it’s time consuming for sure and as an adult time is very limited.
I could care less what people think about a grown man learning but for now I’ll just stay at a flat spot where no one is around to learn the basics or head down to skate park early in the morning before the kids get there.
Last time ona board I was like 14-15 that was back in 2000 :rofl:

im tryna get comfortable popping and lading ollies and other **** wile rolling.

feels weird.

anyone else just starting?

old heads check in

Back
Top Bottom