THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Demos were the coolest thing when you were younger and skating. Like going to a pro sports game but much more intimate. Went to Osiris, Element, Zero and a few others. Great memories. They'd throw out free merch and kids would damn near fight to the death over it.
This. We used to shoot over to skate street in ventura from Port Hueneme and they always had something going on. Decks, wheels, wax, shirts, stickers etc...We used to go shirtless and use our shirts as knapsacks for the haul of merch we would rake in. Good times.

20201006_145335.jpg

Hi Guys!! I need some help. My kiddo apparently wants a skateboard for Christmas its her like big gift but i honestly am so damn clueless. Anyone have any input on type or where I could go and get one?

Hi Guys!! I need some help. My kiddo apparently wants a skateboard for Christmas its her like big gift but i honestly am so damn clueless. Anyone have any input on type or where I could go and get one?
If there’s a local skate shop in your area, I suggest going there and buying any complete board they have. This board will most likely outlast anything you can get from Walmart, Target, etc

If there’s a local skate shop in your area, I suggest going there and buying any complete board they have. This board will most likely outlast anything you can get from Walmart, Target, etc

Thank you and my last question would be i found one at Zumiez in the mall that was complete would that be ok? I really dont want to spend sooo much if its not something she will actually like. They had one that complete was 85. Also skate helmets different from bike helmets?

Thank you and my last question would be i found one at Zumiez in the mall that was complete would that be ok? I really dont want to spend sooo much if its not something she will actually like. They had one that complete was 85. Also skate helmets different from bike helmets?
Preferably you should go to a local skate shop and support them because they won’t try to just sell you everything and get in your pockets. They will work with you for what you need and answer all your questions and have good suggestions. Just explain to them your situation.
Most Zumiez employees don’t know a thing about skateboarding.

You may pay a little more at a skate shop but if she does get into it then you Would have put started a relationship with your local that will serve you for years to come.

You also want to consider her age and how big she is for the deck size. If she is young then don’t get a full size adult deck.

With that said I bought my nephew his first deck last Christmas from Zumiez because My local shop actually didn’t have any youth decks. Just know what size range you want.

Birdhouse makes some good Quality complete decks for youth and don’t forget to get a helmet and pads set!

Preferably you should go to a local skate shop and support them because they won’t try to just sell you everything and get in your pockets. They will work with you for what you need and answer all your questions and have good suggestions. Just explain to them your situation.
Most Zumiez employees don’t know a thing about skateboarding.

You may pay a little more at a skate shop but if she does get into it then you Would have put started a relationship with your local that will serve you for years to come.

You also want to consider her age and how big she is for the deck size. If she is young then don’t get a full size adult deck.

With that said I bought my nephew his first deck last Christmas from Zumiez because My local shop actually didn’t have any youth decks. Just know what size range you want.

Birdhouse makes some good Quality complete decks for youth and don’t forget to get a helmet and pads set!
That makes total sense. Well I think full adult because she’s 11 and we’re literally the same height 😂 I’m like an inch taller than her so she’s like 4’11. Maybe I’ll actually take her so she can pick out what she wants and also get more info.

Hunnynutcheerios Hunnynutcheerios

Would also recommend a local mom and pop shop if you have one. Where are you located?

If not there are a handful of reputable online options. At 4'11" you'll have an easy time fitting her.

I bought my nephew a complete over the summer for his bday and he's like 4'4"

Yeah forget Zumiez and support a local shop. I would highly recommend taking your daughter with you to the skateshop. At that age, it’s a fun experience going to a real skateshop.

You’re in the DMV right?

Crushed Skateshop in DC. If you go there you may want to call ahead because it’s a tiny shop and the deck selection is usually pretty small.

Pure Boardshop in Annapolis. Good selection.

Bethesda Boards in Bethesda. Probably best bet for a kids board. The owner is a nut but very friendly and helpful. I just think he took a few too many acid trips :lol:

Embark in Frederick never been there but friends like it.

Vu Skateshop in Baltimore. Haven’t been there either.

You’re going to want a size 7.75 or smaller board. Once you pick the board they will help you with the rest.

Back
Top Bottom