the thread about TWOs

And they’re not done yet lol

And you’re missing “Air Up There” and that Sky Mauve low
I think it’s fair to say they failed to bring hype to the 2. Few cws are selling out before hitting deep discounts. Good thing for ppl who enjoy the model but I’m thinking, after this run, they’re going to vault the model for awhile again.

too much too soon. if they were 110, no tax, I'd buy several more asap. also, more would've looked better as high such as seersucker and craft lows
This is a REALLY good point. They priced the 2 highs cheaper than OG 1 highs at $175 retail and they’re still sitting at that pricepoint. I guess the model just doesn’t resonate with people like the other AJ 1-14 retros seemingly do.

I think it’s fair to say they failed to bring hype to the 2. Few cws are selling out before hitting deep discounts. Good thing for ppl who enjoy the model but I’m thinking, after this run, they’re going to vault the model for awhile again.
The problem is they didn’t go about it the right way to raise them from the ashes. I have a ton of great ideas that would’ve helped them but I’m not giving them away for free. 😆

A lot of the people at Jordan Brand just lack creativity and smarts. I mean, coming out with a Craft Melon Tint and something like this doesn’t help matters..
IMG_3272.jpeg

The problem is they didn’t go about it the right way to raise them from the ashes. I have a ton of great ideas that would’ve helped them but I’m not giving them away for free. 😆

A lot of the people at Jordan Brand just lack creativity and smarts. I mean, coming out with a Craft Melon Tint and something like this doesn’t help matters..
IMG_3272.jpeg
Yeah I agree with you-they just flooded the market with 2s like they have been doing with OG 1s, with no regard for quality of cws. It’s quantity over quality, I guess. The funny thing is, people are even less inclined to drop $175 on retail 2s than they are $180 on retail OG 1s. I’m not even sure what they can do about this aside from further dropping the retail price on 2s (which were hilariously priced at $190 a few years ago).

Hell, even recent collabs like Union and AMM phoned it in with their AJ 2 collabs lol Only J. Balvin tried to do something different/interesting with the model. Don C 2s were a great collab back in the day same with OW 2s so it’s not like they can’t have better collabs.

Nike/JB are in a bit of a predicament with what to do with the Air Jordan 2 model, seems like their plan to build up hype/interest in the model the past few years has kinda failed.

Yeah I agree with you-they just flooded the market with 2s like they have been doing with OG 1s, with no regard for quality of cws. It’s quantity over quality, I guess. The funny thing is, people are even less inclined to drop $175 on retail 2s than they are $180 on retail OG 1s. I’m not even sure what they can do about this aside from further dropping the retail price on 2s (which were hilariously priced at $190 a few years ago).

Hell, even recent collabs like Union and AMM phoned it in with their AJ 2 collabs lol Only J. Balvin tried to do something different/interesting with the model. Don C 2s were a great collab back in the day same with OW 2s so it’s not like they can’t have better collabs.

Nike/JB are in a bit of a predicament with what to do with the Air Jordan 2 model, seems like their plan to build up hype/interest in the model the past few years has kinda failed.
Yes, lowering the price would be a great start. They just flooded the market with filler 2s and uninspiring colorways with no engaging reason for people to buy them. They don’t know what they are doing. There were a few gems but not many. Even some of them got lost amongst the 💩

Yes, lowering the price would be a great start. They just flooded the market with filler 2s and uninspiring colorways with no engaging reason for people to buy them. They don’t know what they are doing. There were a few gems but not many. Even some of them got lost amongst the 💩
Couldn’t agree with you more, my friend.

Would be 100% in on UNC low 2s if I didn't have melo's already. Although still tempting because the shape really makes em seem like a completely different silhouette. While still comfy, that pre-2022 shape is atrocious in comparison :smh:

Edit, was reading up on the discourse about so many 2s the past year or so. I'm not mad at it. Never loved 2s but loved a couple colorways (melo, doernbecher) and I've been very tempted by the quality of materials and colorways they've put out lately. Compared to the last big round of retros in like 2014 these are lightyears better. I just prefer so many other shoes instead.

Back
Top Bottom