the thread about TWOs

giphy.gif

The Joannes fabric felt they used on that upper in 2004 was criminal. Still one of my favorites

What do you think JBs strategy going forward for summer lows will be after this year? Everyone wants lows for summer and 1, II, XI lows are getting played out and they know it. V, VI, XII, XIV lows aren’t selling well. Think VIII, IX, XIII, XV lows would sell? I know everyone hated VII lows but resale is very high. So therefore JB will see that and probably consider that.

What do you think JBs strategy going forward for summer lows will be after this year? Everyone wants lows for summer and 1, II, XI lows are getting played out and they know it. V, VI, XII, XIV lows aren’t selling well. Think VIII, IX, XIII, XV lows would sell? I know everyone hated VII lows but resale is very high. So therefore JB will see that and probably consider that.
I’m not sure they change the strategy much. I think the reality is lows don’t work on many OG Jordan models. Recent models are almost designed with a high and low in mind when they set out to make a new Jordan.

IX and XIV are probably the two best models for lows of the later OGs but neither model is in high demand in highs, so lows seem likely to sell even worse.

One thing that comes to mind is releasing the IX low PEs like the Derek Anderson’s and Bibby’s across a couple summers. I would love to see the canceled 2020 JB Classic highs turned into lows as well.

Obviously the OG 2 lows would be welcomed but I think they’re more likely to starve us for a few years knowing they have the good mold now.

They’re holding back cause no one buys them. They’re essentially wiped back off the map the rest of the year. The 2 retro thudded and they’re moving on to make money.

it’s a self fulfilling prophecy. Holding back on the home run colorways in favor of under the radar or unpopular colorways keeps excitement for the model relatively low and exacerbates the overestimation/fatigue feeling. Which probably makes it less and less likely they’ll make the colors folks would get out of bed for.

it’s a self fulfilling prophecy. Holding back on the home run colorways in favor of under the radar or unpopular colorways keeps excitement for the model relatively low and exacerbates the overestimation/fatigue feeling. Which probably makes it less and less likely they’ll make the colors folks would get out of bed for.
I don’t disagree but when you have retail accounts who are forced to take what you give them, releasing the home run colorways up front on a low selling model winds it down pretty fast as well. And the Chicagos were really hyped and then didn’t sell that well either. So one has to question what colorways of this shoe wouldn’t hit discount.

Maybe the white/red highs and the Chicago lows?

Off whites are the best current 2s shape wise. Them and the Italian pair have og shape
The Italy, Python, everything from the BC on is last year is almost dead on to the OG. The shape isn’t a problem at this point. Not even sure the off whites have a better shape than lows from last year but if they do it’s a minimal difference.

I don’t disagree but when you have retail accounts who are forced to take what you give them, releasing the home run colorways up front on a low selling model winds it down pretty fast as well. And the Chicagos were really hyped and then didn’t sell that well either. So one has to question what colorways of this shoe wouldn’t hit discount.

Maybe the white/red highs and the Chicago lows?

Did the chicagos not sell well? I remember them selling out in most sizes even with multiple restocks. It was the “women’s” version that sat and once folks realized that there was no differences between the men’s and women’s sizes the large sizes started selling out too.

I noticed that the unc low still has that banana shape. It’s just weird how they seemed to stay away from it on the off whites and went back to it and ruined the Chicagos then fixed it seems like starting with the Italians
The UNCs predate the change in the last for the high. The BC came before the Italy pair and the toe seems consistently slimmer on everything that released after BC.

I assume the change was made to the lows as well but I only have the BC2 to compare the Chicagos and White/Green and Grey pairs. The Python toe doesn’t look any different in pics than the OW’s but the difference in production is a gap of two years and I could see the Chicago last being too tight for a high compared to the low they made in a small run in (probably) different factories.

IMG_9312.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

Did the chicagos not sell well? I remember them selling out in most sizes even with multiple restocks. It was the “women’s” version that sat and once folks realized that there was no differences between the men’s and women’s sizes the large sizes started selling out too.
They sold but restocks didn’t move like they did with playoff 8’s or cherry 12’s last year. They’re sitting at 175-195 in our size on StockX right now, 15 mos later. Doesn’t really seem like it‘s a sought after shoe and that was their kick off to the reintro of the model. Feels like everything in that time frame has diminished the modest hype of the Chicagos.

Maybe part of that is the lack of more OG colorways but it also becomes self-fulfilling when everyone knows they’re hitting discount.

They sold but restocks didn’t move like they did with playoff 8’s or cherry 12’s last year. They’re sitting at 175-195 in our size on StockX right now, 15 mos later. Doesn’t really seem like it‘s a sought after shoe and that was their kick off to the reintro of the model. Feels like everything in that time frame has diminished the modest hype of the Chicagos.

Maybe part of that is the lack of more OG colorways but it also becomes self-fulfilling when everyone knows they’re hitting discount.

I feel like that’s success in my books. Or atleast supply met demand. Which seems to be better than every other pair that dropped. And the fact that they’re still right around retail give or take shipping/fees looks like market equilibrium if that makes sense.

i think where they went wrong was leaning too much into high priced collabs and special projects instead of focusing on regular priced classic (some times OG inspired) colorways like the early 2000s. I think this time around we got better shoes than the whacky stuff we got in the mid 2010s, but since the OW’s dropped it feels like all they’ve been doing is soft launching for 4 years.

Either way it was gonna be tough because 2’s don’t have wide appeal outside of the collectors market for a ton of different reasons. But JB also seems to not really know what to do with them long term.

Back
Top Bottom