The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Finally picked it up :pimp:
IMG_20180822_080515_822.jpg

200.gif

It’s reselling for grown ups.

Meanwhile my IWC is running crazy fast. I’ve had it done 2011. Guess it’s time to have it serviced.

Yeah. I just googled their warranty and it doesn’t cover much, just the mechanics pretty much.

If you dig vintage watch and do not mind 34mm, the Timex Marlin is back in stock now: https://www.timex.com/marlin-34mm-hand-wound-leather-strap-watch/Marlin-34mm-Leather-Watch.html

it is handwound with a chinese movement and cheap strap but for the looks and actual handwound movement, it's not too bad

retail is $200 but sign up through their email to get 15% discount code and the cashback at ebates is at 13.5% which brings it to ~$147 (ships free and no tax ordering from CA)

ordered one to check it out since 36mm OP works for me

(pics below are not mine)
B89A7124_copy.jpg

B89A7150_copy.jpg

Timex-Marlin-New-Lizard-Leather.jpg

also a dead ringer to the GO senator sixties
db42437e-3ac1-11e6-979f-08d74eb7b24a.jpg

if ya'll wanted the Timex Marlin but found it's 34mm case too small, this might be a great alternative and for $160: https://meranom.com/en/vostok/vostok-classica/

When did the BLNR get over 11k?

Now I’m extra mad at myself for half stepping. I remember it being 9k. Or am I trippin’?

That's good to hear for me haha. I've actually got a BLNR and a Hublot Big Bang that I want to sell and use toward some investments. I'm probably only going to sell one of them and I'd rather keep the Hublot.

Just gotta find which watch shop to sell it to or suck it up and pay eBay fees.

Yeah I was trying to sell my Batman as well, but couldn’t find my box and papers. Definitely seems to help if you have those, but I was getting offers for around $7k.

I do have the box and papers. If they're going for $11k new, I'd probably get $8k on eBay for my used one. After eBay and PayPal fees, I'd end around $7000 so that sounds about right. Might try and list it on Craigslist or something and see if I can at least find a local buyer so I don't have to go through the headache of shipping it.

Actually also have a Rolex Explorer 214270 that I bought earlier this year and wore only a handful of times. Might as well try and sell that too. Rather invest than have these watches just sitting around right now.

Found this IWC Portuguese homage watch I received as a gift from an ex a few years ago. Never wore it. Going to just toss it out unless someone wants it. If so, just PM me.

IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

A number of people already PM'd me.

I thought of a number between 1-100. Whoever is closest by the end of the day will get it. Just PM me what your number is.

Whats the most i should pay for a prestine condition batman gmt?

I was talking to my jeweler and he said he had a used one for 10.5 which seems a little pricey.

Also from your experience how much wiggle room do stores/jewelers have, like how much do you think I could negotiate down to?

Last edited:
Whats the most i should pay for a prestine condition batman gmt?

I was talking to my jeweler and he said he had one for 10.5 which seems a little pricey.

Also from your experience how much wiggle room do stores/jewelers have, like how much do you think I could negotiate down to?

Are you buying used? If so I'm trying to sell mine. If I ended up with anything over $7000 after fees and whatnot I'd be happy...or should I be expecting more?

I was offered $7000 as well but had no box and papers for it. You could get more with it. Seems like prices are going up though. Think I’m just going to hang onto mine for now until I find a good deal on an AP 14500.

Back
Top Bottom