The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

That Rolex has a nice looking face, but it would be too big for me . I got b*t*h wrists

Thanks man! Tbh it’s just the angle, this is a 36mm and trust me I got tiny *** wrists too. I actually had to get it re-sized today too. It was a little too loose around my wrist.

Thanks man! Tbh it’s just the angle, this is a 36mm and trust me I got tiny *** wrists too. I actually had to get it re-sized today too. It was a little too loose around my wrist.
Aren’t you able to resize the jubilee with a small flat screwdriver?

I've been debating on treating myself. I've narrowed it down to a Date just 41 with the oystersteel bracelet and the dark rhodium dial/ Explorer 2 with the black dial/ Submarine date-black cerachrom. Which of these bracelets are more prone to scratch with everyday use. I like all 3 but I can't seem to make up my mind.
Explorer will take a beating but the clasp will be easily scratched.

azbucks, whats the model and year on that along with price if you don't mind me asking. really been feeling the datejust recently, and may just have to pull the trigger on one soon

VC with an SS dress watch for ~$12k, not too oversized either at 40mm, i wish it was more 38mm but i am just glad it's more wearable

it's gon' be a great piece if/once you can get them for roughly $9k

image.scale.520.850.1538988442910.png

VC56%202018-09-22%2011.26.03.jpg

VC%2056%202018-09-22%2011.45.40.jpg

VC56%202018-09-22%2011.26.25.jpg

pics via tz

About to pull the trigger on a formula 1 from Tag Heuer, for the sub 2k price range is their anything close to the quality that it will offer in a similar style and size? (41)

VC with an SS dress watch for ~$12k, not too oversized either at 40mm, i wish it was more 38mm but i am just glad it's more wearable

it's gon' be a great piece if/once you can get them for roughly $9k

image.scale.520.850.1538988442910.png

VC56%202018-09-22%2011.26.03.jpg

pics via tz

I love VC's

About to pull the trigger on a formula 1 from Tag Heuer, for the sub 2k price range is their anything close to the quality that it will offer in a similar style and size? (41)

post pics of the specific F1, they have so many variations

there are a ton of watches in the same quality and better than Tag and that's coming from one of th every few Tag fans out there and I owuldn't pay $2k for an F1

joma has that for ~30% off if you really like that watch but do keep in mind it is a quartz

is it the bezel you like about it? i think damasko is the only thing that comes to mind that has that type of bezel with 5min increments, its ~$1500 iirc with an eta movement

nothing crazy but I do love this watch, no winding, no changing/charging batteries

Attachments

• 2B1364E5-BB50-4C3A-80F9-541485DFFA80.jpeg
    2B1364E5-BB50-4C3A-80F9-541485DFFA80.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 40
Ever since buying a 38mm watch it’s hard to wear the larger watches, even though I have a larger wrist.

How important are papers? Obviously the watch is subject to a discount due to lack thereof, but are they necessary for warranty and things like that or can the RSC pull the serial number from the watch? Finally decided on a 116618LN and found a mint one at a jewelry store, pre-owned with box but no papers. Delta between that watch and a new one is $4,500, which isn't terrible but $4,500 is $4,500 so I'm a bit torn.

116618LN_BS_07.jpg

How important are papers? Obviously the watch is subject to a discount due to lack thereof, but are they necessary for warranty and things like that or can the RSC pull the serial number from the watch? Finally decided on a 116618LN and found a mint one at a jewelry store, pre-owned with box but no papers. Delta between that watch and a new one is $4,500, which isn't terrible but $4,500 is $4,500 so I'm a bit torn.

116618LN_BS_07.jpg

Moreso for you to resell and maximize the dollars... If you are going to keep it, the papers and box would matter zero to me... Don't have them with the Datejust that was gifted to me used.

They will not be able to do a warranty claim without the guarantee card. That is essentially the only thing you'll miss out on. For my BLNR (that is within the original 5 years still), I had to make a warranty claim because the watch was not keeping time after i'd take it off for the day. I'd wake up the next morning with it dead.

When I brought it to the AD for warranty, I thought that they could just do some warranty claim with only the serial number, but they said if I sent it in without the card i'd be charged. Had to go back to my office to get the card and then bring it back to them.

Obviously resell is a factor also, but as you're buying it discounted heavily, you're probably not going to lose a drastic amount should you decide to resell it.

Keep in mind that service wouldn't be anywhere near 4500 anyways, but when it comes to watches with no papers, you should be able to get haggle them down even more. Not only are they heavily discounted but super hard to sell. Especially a watch north of 20k.

Last edited:

116618LN_BS_07.jpg
Good video to watch when purchasing a Rolex without papers.

Back
Top Bottom