The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

it is what it is

they arent relying on that to carry their brand image, its an offering for some niche markets, its only available in 36mm for a reason

greens the color of money...
1617826087886.png

1617826593875.png

1617826068477.png

1617826110408.png

1617826165129.png

1617826239745.png

1617826315778.png

1617826500300.png

1617826470365.png

Tag finally smartened up and offered the Aquaracer in different size including a 36mm and 43mm, please take note Omega

43mm
1617830312864.png

36mm
1617830327504.png

1617830743320.png

this 36mm that has a silver dial, reminds me of the white seamaster and retails for $2800, with a good discount on Tags its going to be a nice beater
1617830925670.png

I think they would have been onto a winner if they swapped the tag Heuer and aquaracer and got rid of the 6 o'clock Cyclops. I hated it when Tudor were doing it.

im always up for no date but i get it, people loves dates on their watches, its what sells so the compromise on the 6 works for me because at least it keeps the dial symmetrical

tag should just not do cyclops though but again at least its in the middle :lol:

Always wanted the BB58 but with a GMT, too much similarity to me. With that being said, I’m liking the new green/18k BB58

Curious on the price of the gold bb58

should’ve been all gold bracelet too but I’m sure price would’ve turned ALOT if not everyone off

Curious on the price of the gold bb58

should’ve been all gold bracelet too but I’m sure price would’ve turned ALOT if not everyone off

$16,800

i like the silver but would have liked it with a silver bracelet as well

what's your guys thoughts on the 36mm explorer i in terms of demand ? i know most people don't like that small small of a size but it's good for me as i have a small wrist. hoping i can score one without waiting too long due to the size factor.

i think there will still be a wait especially from the get go

OP 36 in black isnt readily available in ADs so that kind of tells you where the markets at and i'd say people would prefer the EXP1 over the OP

i called two ADs but they flat out said they aren't doing lists but I just told them to keep me in mind and Im gon' text em every month just so they do not forget

i'm also in LA where it might be the hardest city to get any watch that has any bit of resale value, if you're in a smaller town or even drive an hour or two to get to a less populated city, it might be worth it to call around

its hard to say, my gut says it wont because its more bronze-ish that yellow gold and its not that traditional green, plus the price

like even the BB58 blue that was seemingly impossible to get, about a year later and you can get it at jomashop for retail or less depending on the sale

for the most part if its going ot be precious metal, it becomes of higher demand if its an alternative to something that is close to impossible to get like the daytona or 5711

i think there will still be a wait especially from the get go

OP 36 in black isnt readily available in ADs so that kind of tells you where the markets at and i'd say people would prefer the EXP1 over the OP

i called two ADs but they flat out said they aren't doing lists but I just told them to keep me in mind and Im gon' text em every month just so they do not forget

i'm also in LA where it might be the hardest city to get any watch that has any bit of resale value, if you're in a smaller town or even drive an hour or two to get to a less populated city, it might be worth it to call around

thanks for the reply. i hope the demand isn't too crazy for this and settles in after a few months or something. it's like the new hot release. the hypebeasts want it first to flex and then if something else better comes along then the demand starts to fade. this is rolex so who am i trying to kid. however, i think the silver lining is that it's a 36mm model and most watch people find that size to be too small. i'm in toronto, canada. getting a watch here seems to be impossible. though only recently i've been seriously considering buying something to treat myself. lockdown is starting again at midnight so all non-essential businesses won't be only for a month. hopefully by some miracle i can somehow work some magic and get the watch sometime this year at an AD

thanks for the reply. i hope the demand isn't too crazy for this and settles in after a few months or something. it's like the new hot release. the hypebeasts want it first to flex and then if something else better comes along then the demand starts to fade. this is rolex so who am i trying to kid. however, i think the silver lining is that it's a 36mm model and most watch people find that size to be too small. i'm in toronto, canada. getting a watch here seems to be impossible. though only recently i've been seriously considering buying something to treat myself. lockdown is starting again at midnight so all non-essential businesses won't be only for a month. hopefully by some miracle i can somehow work some magic and get the watch sometime this year at an AD

Speaking from experience. you’re gonna wait atleast a year in Toronto unless you get lucky. Both of my usual ADs told me they got flooded with requests from a **** ton of watch enthusiasts. Luckily, once the back log clears, it should generally get a little more accessible - it’s just a matter of how long that takes.

This isn’t a hypebeast watch. It’s a purist watch.

the lockdown actually won’t help your chances at all - People that can afford it have more disposal income than ever. But vaccination is where things might change as people aim to spend on travel and food more.

Speaking from experience. you’re gonna wait atleast a year in Toronto unless you get lucky. Both of my usual ADs told me they got flooded with requests from a **** ton of watch enthusiasts. Luckily, once the back log clears, it should generally get a little more accessible - it’s just a matter of how long that takes.

This isn’t a hypebeast watch. It’s a purist watch.

the lockdown actually won’t help your chances at all - People that can afford it have more disposal income than ever. But vaccination is where things might change as people aim to spend on travel and food more.

I probably phrased it incorrectly but I meant in terms of comparing it to a hypebeast shoe release where there is no chance for a regular joe like myself to get it unless I’m willing to pay resale which I don’t want to. If I can’t get it at the AD I’ll just keep waiting for now.

Just call the usual suspects and see who’ll bite on taking your info. Expect to wait atleast a year with follow ups and you’ll likely get what you want.

Back
Top Bottom