The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Thank you for the recommendations. First Swiss watch done :nthat:

799F3E7E-CC1C-453F-8D06-638C37E78C7E.jpeg

new GS SBGW

similar to the ones i got in size and movement but with more angular case and with 100m WR, if it had a bracelet it would be a great GADA

1659670812124.jpeg

1659670862815.jpeg

1659670826724.jpeg

1659670879998.jpeg

1659670894146.jpeg

Thanks!

I had a little bit of “what did I do” on my way home with it.. but once I sized it and had it on for a little bit, it started feeling like “nah this will be really nice to have for so many occasions.”

Question - should I avoid any water past a rainy day with it?

Thanks!

I had a little bit of “what did I do” on my way home with it.. but once I sized it and had it on for a little bit, it started feeling like “nah this will be really nice to have for so many occasions.”

Question - should I avoid any water past a rainy day with it?

I think the water resistance is on the case back. If I remember correctly, PRX is good for 100m? If that's the case, go swimming with it if you want.

Congratulations, wear it in good health!

I think the water resistance is on the case back. If I remember correctly, PRX is good for 100m? If that's the case, go swimming with it if you want.

Congratulations, wear it in good health!
Correct.

And thanks I will 8)

Ya'll continue to sleep on GS. cuz we eating.
I think GS make very good pieces, but I personally don't love their dial layout on anything that isn't a basic three hander. They always seem to add something to make the dial asymmetric.

I think GS make very good pieces, but I personally don't love their dial layout on anything that isn't a basic three hander. They always seem to add something to make the dial asymmetric.

before they released the SGBW in light blue, the omiwatari was on my wishlist, its symmetrical spring drive and 38.5mm which is just about perfect with the power reserve in the back

Grand-Seiko-SBGY007-Omiwatari.001.jpg

but im more than happy with the smaller and cheaper sbgw i got
EC516B0A-D6DD-4F5B-991C-B44FFD8957D9.jpeg

but GS is definitely gon start cranking out more, just take a look at these two new thailand exclusive pieces
gs2.png

gs1.png

This thread going to push me to get that tissot, even though I don’t wear any of the watches I already have. :lol:

Some of the PRX joints are on sale on Amazon

Picked up the 35 mm light blue the other day
The green dial is on sale $50 off.

I’m happy I bought mine in person, got to chop it up with a few folks there about watches and colors. Dope first experience.

still crazy to me that ADs are pretty much forced/required by rolex to make these showrooms but with nothing to sell

this is one of the ADs i visit and im listed for a patek and its nice enough as it is but rolex still made em do this

even funnier to end the post by asking to visit them to check out the fine timepieces :lol:

Screenshot_20220804-121824_Gallery.jpg

Tried on the date sub today.. I liked the no date one more..

Got put on the list for that... Not expecting a call anytime soon lol

It’s funny, I spoke to the owner of an AD in SoCal. We were in Vegas and somehow I ended up at his table. He told me they have multiple steel subs waiting in the safe, like quite a few. They use them when they sense someone could be a good potential customer or has interest in making bigger purchases etc.

Basically if they like you, they might call you back a lot sooner than you think.

Back
Top Bottom