The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

giphy.gif

It’s funny, I spoke to the owner of an AD in SoCal. We were in Vegas and somehow I ended up at his table. He told me they have multiple steel subs waiting in the safe, like quite a few. They use them when they sense someone could be a good potential customer or has interest in making bigger purchases etc.

Basically if they like you, they might call you back a lot sooner than you think.

I see.. I heard they do small background checks too like check your social media, LinkedIn, etc.

I don't know if it means anything, but the AD gave me her business card with her personal cell phone #.

Ngl AD was a cute lil Chinese chick :pimp:

Screenshot_20220614-015105_TikTok.jpg

Looking to pick up an everyday wear watch to surprise my husband. I’m thinking he’d like a diver best. Any suggestions? Budget is 3k. I don’t necessarily need to spend that much but could if it’s worth it.

Oris got two good divers, the Aquis and Sixty-Five
the Aquis is more modern while the SixtyFive is a bit more vintagey and closer to a rolex sub

1659881901476.jpeg

1659882333223.jpeg

people hate on Tag Heuer but theres no denying it has brand cache and they do still make good watches and the Aquaracer 200 is more of a field watch but in diver style and still has 200m WR and available in both automatic and quartz
1659882536754.jpeg

Tissot Seastar and Longines Hydroconquest two other very good option, Hamilton Khaki Navy got plenty of variety too

more recs here and seeing the watches in video form is probably better visually too

Oris got two good divers, the Aquis and Sixty-Five
the Aquis is more modern while the SixtyFive is a bit more vintagey and closer to a rolex sub

1659881901476.jpeg

1659882333223.jpeg

people hate on Tag Heuer but theres no denying it has brand cache and they do still make good watches and the Aquaracer 200 is more of a field watch but in diver style and still has 200m WR and available in both automatic and quartz
1659882536754.jpeg

Tissot Seastar and Longines Hydroconquest two other very good option, Hamilton Khaki Navy got plenty of variety too

more recs here and seeing the watches in video form is probably better visually too

Great info thanks for the detailed reply. Much appreciated!

BB58 is great (hell i won two :lol: ) but i do try to stayaway from suggesting used especially to non-watch enthusiast

mainly the warranty and authenticity issues that could arise, you really got to be wary, though its easy to research it online these days but its still a concern

buying new from an AD or online store also allows you for a return/exchange in case the recipient doesn't like or fit

Last edited:
BB58 is great (hell i won two :lol: ) but i do try to stayaway from suggesting used especially to non-watch enthusiast

mainly the warranty and authenticity issues that could arise, you really got to be wary, though its easy to research it online these days but its still a concern

buying new from an AD or online store also allows you for a return in case the recipient doesn't like or fit
For sure looking to buy new for all the of the above reasons.

I see.. I heard they do small background checks too like check your social media, LinkedIn, etc.

I don't know if it means anything, but the AD gave me her business card with her personal cell phone #.

Ngl AD was a cute lil Chinese chick :pimp:

Screenshot_20220614-015105_TikTok.jpg

QFT - my boy was in the market and runs a PE firm - they looked at his website and LinkedIn, called him back within a day because they found something for him.

Agreed. For sure a AD purchase would be best.
Appreciate all the input. I’m gonna take my time and try to pick something within the next few months and I’ll post up some pics when it comes in. This will be his first nice watch, so I wanna try to get it right. He’s been doing super well at work and deserves something to celebrate the success.

Some gorgeous Oris Aquis out there.

Some of the dials are mad if you can find one of the special editions going for discount at a dealer, if not some of the coloured models are lovely when you get light on them, green in particularly nice.

Looking to pick up an everyday wear watch to surprise my husband. I’m thinking he’d like a diver best. Any suggestions? Budget is 3k. I don’t necessarily need to spend that much but could if it’s worth it.

one important thing to consider is his wrist size. watches imo look a lot better when they are proportionate in size. it's still a personal preference at the end of the day but just something you may want to consider.

yah i prefer no date too but too many like it on their watches especially on GMTs

Back
Top Bottom