The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

what i have noticed with the daytona is, as overhyped as it is, that it is also very underrated how small and thin it is for a chrono

in actuality, its 38mm and thin and no one has really come out with anything that comes close to it

the zenith chrono sport is 41mm and thick and almost 14mm thick

and GS release this today, their daytona competitor and its close to 43mm big and 15mm thick

Last edited:
what i have noticed with the daytona is, as overhyped as it is, that it is also very underrated how small and thin it is for a chrono

in actuality, its 38mm and thin and no one has really come out with anything that comes close to it

and GS release this today, their daytona competitor and its close to 43mm big and 15mm thick

I agree that in terms of engineering the Daytona is a marvel. The brands that seem to get close in terms of dimensions either have had decades in chronograph production or implement quartz movements.

Looking forward to seeing some more of the smaller brands are doing.

New Daytonas :sick:

Hate the thin sub-dials on the Zenith Daytonas and my opinion of this updated reference is no different.

Yea Daytona wears way smaller than it looms. I'm a bigger dude and it's just too small for me. I wish they made a chunkier version.

I need this one
42E893B1-6782-4F48-955A-11F217322A95.png

Regarding the Black Bay 54 (37mm with rubber band) How hard would this be to buy?

might be hyped to start but you can probably get one within a year if not sooner

if the model was offered in a different dial, it might be more popular but the gilt dial is going to turn some people like the bb58 gilt dial which was/is sitting while the blue is still selling at a decent pace

might be similar to the pelagos 39, right now it is still difficult to get at an AD but there are plenty out there and you just have to pay maybe $200-$400 above retail on the grey market today so it isnt too bad

honestly been tempted to buy grey on the pelagos 39 but i figure its not a must have so i can wait til my AD gets one for me and continue to bank points in that "relationship"

might be hyped to start but you can probably get one within a year if not sooner

if the model was offered in a different dial, it might be more popular but the gilt dial is going to turn some people like the bb58 gilt dial which was/is sitting while the blue is still selling at a decent pace

might be similar to the pelagos 39, right now it is still difficult to get at an AD but there are plenty out there and you just have to pay maybe $200-$400 above retail on the grey market today so it isnt too bad

honestly been tempted to buy grey on the pelagos 39 but i figure its not a must have so i can wait til my AD gets one for me and continue to bank points in that "relationship"
appreciate it! I have really small wrists so this would fit perfectly on me and i've been wanting a dive watch

Carrera 36
$3200

this will make a great dj alternative and even symmetrical too but damn them for their old thinking that smaller = womens and why they highlight the pink and the other has gold tone indexes

tag pink.png

tag silver.png

tag blue.png

tag green.png

milgauss officially discontinued
I think they'll come with a redesign and give it a new purpose. It was created for scientists and engineers who regularly work around magnetic fields. Most modern watches have been engineered to be anti-magnetic so i think they need to double down on the history of the model. I think a redesign and have it be the first Rolex watch to have metas certification would be a good move.

i dont think they should go the metas way, i dont really care for it and their own certification up to code with cosc is more than enough (if not better)

metas is just an extra expense passed down to the consumer

i know tudor went that way but only on select pieces and they wrent really giving cosc certification on everything anyways iirc

rolex giving in to metas is following omegas foots steps and kind of undermines their own certification which theyve been using and touting and just makes the rest of their watches inferior

Tag with two new Carrera Chronos in 39mm
cant find info on how thick it is but the glass box designs kinda cool with the tachymeter/bezel inside the domed crystal?
$6500

E0E65F27-2562-4803-83C1-5D4B1BDDC9AE.jpeg

8453807B-CFDC-4946-A9E2-AFC23AAFFC5E.jpeg

311D9DF4-526A-430D-9002-935C7CB5C03A.jpeg

C460B13E-A946-4D20-BC50-A839267CD07A.jpeg

only thing that interested me with rolex is the 40 explorer.

need to see the new GMT in person though. Rolex looks a lot better in person than stock photos.

The titanium is the only one I’d realistically buy

im surprised they just stopped producing, i figured they update/upgrade it but i guess its just their worst seller?

I always figured that green crystal could easily go so well on some other models

Back
Top Bottom