The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Just saw this in an ad. Anyone know more about this? How come you can’t get the navy face anymore?

1696710688805.png

Does anyone have a recommended dealer in Osaka? My dad is going in a couple weeks and would like to pick up a piece.

tried on the exp2 today and i wish it was back to the 40mm size, its so nice and i just like how rolex executes their white dial but unfortunately the white dial makes the watch looks bigger too

IMG_8077.jpeg

the watch that really surprised me though it the fxd, its huge and shouldnt work especially with the nato style but when i tried it on, it kind of just works and the titanium just makes it so light and it helps with how it wears

then again maybe im just trying to convince to fooling myself? i had to excuse myself though told my SA im gon‘ wait to check out the black one so i didnt have to walk out with it

i think this is also a good example of how one watch looks and how its not always about specs, both are 42mm but the fxd is technically bigger at 52mm lug2lug plus the nato strap style adds more mm but to me, it looks and wears smaller, thicker bezel probably helps the tudor in that regard as well

IMG_8080.jpeg

then there is this behemoth, just ridiculous on wrist
IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

6.5” wrist

😭

thats why i am glad a lot of watchmakers are going down in size, they had plenty of GS and so much GMTs and divers id love to own but they’re all gigantic but then they do come out with simple but beautiful watches such as these newly announced SBGWs

tried on the exp2 today and i wish it was back to the 40mm size, its so nice and i just like how rolex executes their white dial but unfortunately the white dial makes the watch looks bigger too

IMG_8077.jpeg

the watch that really surprised me though it the fxd, its huge and shouldnt work especially with the nato style but when i tried it on, it kind of just works and the titanium just makes it so light and it helps with how it wears

then again maybe im just trying to convince to fooling myself? i had to excuse myself though told my SA im gon‘ wait to check out the black one so i didnt have to walk out with it

i think this is also a good example of how one watch looks and how its not always about specs, both are 42mm but the fxd is technically bigger at 52mm lug2lug plus the nato strap style adds more mm but to me, it looks and wears smaller, thicker bezel probably helps the tudor in that regard as well

IMG_8080.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

Even though the 226570 is 42mm, it doesn't look massive on my wrist. I'll check my wrist circumference. Polar dial and aesthetics aside, I wanted the Explorer 2 because of 3285 movement and the 70 hour power reserve. It's the same movement in a GMT, but with less hassle to get (in an Expolrer 2).

Edit: 6.89" wrist circumference.

Last edited:
6.5” wrist

😭

thats why i am glad a lot of watchmakers are going down in size, they had plenty of GS and so much GMTs and divers id love to own but they’re all gigantic but then they do come out with simple but beautiful watches such as these newly announced SBGWs

I’m in the same boat, maybe even a bit smaller wrist. Tough for me too since I’m fairly tall and look like I should be able to wear a much larger watch.

Just saw these new SBGWs and I’m in love. I’ve been eyeing the 283/287/291, but the whole time I’ve been thinking I’d prefer a navy (or even flat white, and now we get both).

Another price increase from what I’m seeing though and I’m not close enough to a GS boutique = put me down for a used one off Chrono24 in a couple years.

Another price increase from what I’m seeing though and I’m not close enough to a GS boutique = put me down for a used one off Chrono24 in a couple years.

not a price increase, its more expensive than the 291 because of the bracelet, an extra $200 is reasonable

not a price increase, its more expensive than the 291 because of the bracelet, an extra $200 is reasonable

I guess the 291 was the price increase; 289 has the GS case and came on a bracelet and was $5400.

The jumps aren’t huge necessarily but they’re never-ending it seems.

I guess the 291 was the price increase; 289 has the GS case and came on a bracelet and was $5400.

The jumps aren’t huge necessarily but they’re never-ending it seems.

the new ones in bracelets $5400 too

the SBGW lines pricing been consistent so far *knocks on wood*

the 231 (which i kind of consider the og) is $4300, then the seasonal jumped to $4800 then the updated with the 44GS case is $5200 (+$200 on a bracelet)

the new ones in bracelets $5400 too

the SBGW lines pricing been consistent so far *knocks on wood*

the 231 (which i kind of consider the og) is $4300, then the seasonal jumped to $4800 then the updated with the 44GS case is $5200 (+$200 on a bracelet)

Ah, I saw €5700 this morning and assumed it’d be the same or more in dollars.

IMG_8080.jpeg

completely agree on the explorer II.. and I was lucky enough to try on the milgauss at that same time, unfortunately wasn’t available

just made me regret not getting a milgauss when I could.. or a 40 explorer II

been debating that fxd vs a speedy

IMG_8077.jpeg

IMG_8080.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg
You're probably better off with a 36mm to 37mm watch. All these look like richard mille on your wrist.

Back
Top Bottom