The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

thanks for the suggestions, i never wear a watch but this summer my work had a step competition that i bought an apple watch for, the only feature i liked was the alarm :lol: but hate everything else about it. figured a non smart watch with an alarm will do the trick

I was in discussions with someone local selling an Explorer II Polar (2021, second owner, VG cond. with B+P and boutique receipt) for €10,500.
2021 was when I put my name on the list for the same watch. Retail was €7,950.
He said he wasn't budging on his asking price.

The wait continues :emoji_frowning2:

UPDATE :smile:
20231005_142359.jpg
I found another local seller who was selling for €9.8. He purchased it new from a boutique in Belgium in Oct 2022, so it was only €150 over retail. Full set with orig. receipt. Everything checked out, even the laser crown etching at 6 o' clock.

I've since written to Bucherer to remove me from the waiting list 😄

UPDATE :smile:
20231005_142359.jpg
I found another local seller who was selling for €9.8. He purchased it new from a boutique in Belgium in Oct 2022, so it was only €150 over retail. Full set with orig. receipt. Everything checked out, even the laser crown etching at 6 o' clock.

I've since written to Bucherer to remove me from the waiting list 😄

that the 42, right?

when did they change from the 40 to the 42?

I thought the change to 42 was recent like the size change for the sub to 41

Once things settle down in by household my next big splurge purchase will be an Explorer II. At one time I thought it would be a DateJust but the Explorer II looks like a watch you could wear at all times.

that explorer looks good. Still waiting on these sub prices to drop a little more but that has peaked some interest in me

We might be in for another draw down. I know a few IG famous watch dealers personally, they’re starting to sell off a lot of their merchandise for lower prices than usual.

i mean a $13k daytona that is kow being sold for $32k down from $35k isnt saying much

technically thats lower than the usual but its still insane

i might believe it when the daytona resells goes back down to around $18k-$20k but if it stays at $3k+, most these dealers just saying things to move pieces (also because theyre sitting and no ones buying)

its no different than an AD telling a price increase is coming once or twice a year to get you to buy now

Daytona resale won’t go down much from current prices. It’s the most popular watch by far and the supply isn’t as much As we think.

Still ridiculous for it going for double for a regular stainless steel watch. I think retail is like 15-16k after taxes now anyway.

Mostly the datejusts, two tones, GMTs (Batman falling big time), etc.

no shortage of daytonas out there, grey just have em

Grey has everything. People just don’t want to pay resale. Anyone that bought these watches at the 40-60k mark is a loser. For what the watch is, def not worth it.

I know people who spent 100k at an AD and still can’t get one. Plus they refuse to pay the 30k premium.

Grey has everything. People just don’t want to pay resale. Anyone that bought these watches at the 40-60k mark is a loser. For what the watch is, def not worth it.

I know people who spent 100k at an AD and still can’t get one. Plus they refuse to pay the 30k premium.

thats why you dont trust em

i refuse to pay retail no matter what

even with sneaker and its $5 over retail

hell i wanted to double up on the palominos but the store was charging shipping so i passed :rofl:

Once things settle down in by household my next big splurge purchase will be an Explorer II. At one time I thought it would be a DateJust but the Explorer II looks like a watch you could wear at all times.

you'd get a lot more wear out of either Explorer models over the DJ. if you aren't too keen on the orange hands, look for a 16570.

no one wants to pay resale, but most will if its within reason. spending $100k to still not get the watch you want is foolish imo. might as well have just spent the $30k premium at that point. personally, i still wouldn't do it. $5k - $7k is within range for me, but these mark ups for Daytonas are too high for my blood.

it is stupid if you are buying $100k worth of watches and jewelry you dont want

Nah. Not if everything he bought appreciated in value. He's been buying since 2018.

No idea why they dont just give him the Panda. I visited his sales rep with him, she was such a ***** :lol:

I like that Explorer II better than a Datejust. I agree with the posters saying you will get more wear out of it.

Still waiting on my Daytona. Have been offered a Datejust multiple times from several dealers. Would grab an Explorer II if they offered.

I appreciate all of those that post the nicer watches in here. With that being said, this has been my most worn watch I’ve gotten in the last year (also, my newest). Trying to decide between a 6900 or a 2100 next. I was going to jump to a PRX, but I’m not a fan of the dials on the quartz version, and I’m not looking to get into mechanical anytime soon.
IMG_2082.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom