The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

got the Ocean of Storms and its really good but this is also where this collab kind of backfires, because this is so similar to a regular fifthy fathoms (and actually kind of better to me with the black case for the blackout look) that now i have no interest in getting a fifty fathoms in the future, this is good enough and will suffice to me

lume on these are so much better than the moonswatch which i am not even sure why they bothered on that one

i rarely like natos and this ones no exception, plus it makes the watch bigger and thicker than it should be so its going on a new strap once i figure out how to remove the bars

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

got the Ocean of Storms and its really good but this is also where this collab kind of backfires, because this is so similar to a regular fifthy fathoms (and actually kind of better to me with the black case for the blackout look) that now i have no interest in getting a fifty fathoms in the future, this is good enough and will suffice to me

lume on these are so much better than the moonswatch which i am not even sure why they bothered on that one

i rarely like natos and this ones no exception, plus it makes the watch bigger and thicker than it should be so its going on a new strap once i figure out how to remove the bars

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg
dope

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

I know it’s still early, but how you feeling about the thickness? I tried on a BB Pro again today and I always underestimate just what 14mm+ thick feels like (which is a shame, because the BB Pro is otherwise a near perfect watch).

I happened to swing by my AD over lunch today. IWC still been in the back of my mind, and I really love the Spitfire. I think it may be maxing out the lug-to-lug my wrist can handle though.

IMG_1409.jpeg

IMG_1410.jpeg

The Pilot 36 has been on my radar, but after trying the Spitfire I think the black 36 may be a touch too small (for this sort of style). I think a 38 with a touch shorter lugs would be my ideal and sadly, that’s the one hole in IWC’s pilot catalog.

I know it’s still early, but how you feeling about the thickness? I tried on a BB Pro again today and I always underestimate just what 14mm+ thick feels like (which is a shame, because the BB Pro is otherwise a near perfect watch).

a thick watch can work depending on the set

i cant do it with the nato strap, its stupid, i dont care if you like em they only look good in pics but in person its bulky and takes forever to put on with you trying to slide the super long strap through these loops

it doesnt sit well with that strap, just look at the pic below and how much gap it creates on an already thick watch, makes it look a6mm-17mm thick instead and clunky
swatchblanpain.jpg

why is it even a question?

yes be as aggressive as you can against these thieves

its the lack of consequences is exactly why California has these rampant mob looting and break ins

that’s gotta really suck standing out there waiting to get robbed lol. I heard they got machetes out there. Crazy.

i have 3-watch winder but i dont really turn it on anymore, it makes for a good display case but i just use a watchbox

displaying watches could just mean more trouble if someone gets in your house, i should use mine as a decoy, if they see it and it has timex in it then they can take it and assume thats all the watches i got or feel bad for me :lol:

I have a pretty large safe in my house where I keep everything tidy

I used to display things but had an issue with a drunk fool once

i have 3-watch winder but i dont really turn it on anymore, it makes for a good display case but i just use a watchbox

displaying watches could just mean more trouble if someone gets in your house, i should use mine as a decoy, if they see it and it has timex in it then they can take it and assume thats all the watches i got or feel bad for me :lol:

I’ve actually thought about swapping my display case for either a leather zip case or a pelican. Makes it also easy to grab and go in the case of an emergency or something. Probably adds some excitement opening up the case after a while vs just having them all visible on the dresser all the time.

Back
Top Bottom