The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I just love this piece…. Merry Christmas everyone!

IMG_0095.jpeg

When I travel I purposely keep anything I’d have to take off already packed in my bag

so my watch is in my watch roll inside the cloth case.. if I’m planning on wearing a belt, I put it on after clearing security.. only thing I wanna take out my bag is iPad and laptop, if I’m traveling with it

my shoes and phone are only thing else I’m trying put on there outside of bag beside iPad and maybe laptop

but my main thing, I ain’t expecting them to care about being cautious with my shh

My only problem with gold watches is that they’re all 18k. I understanding the bending but it makes the gold look pretty cool imo. It’s like how some people like how bronze patinas (not me). If you’re Indian / Asian, then 18k ain’t real gold lol. No choice but I do smh at crazy prices for 18k gold watches.

One last watch to close out 2023. Changed from the bracelet to a horween strap and now I never want to take it off.

IMG_1348.jpeg

At first I was hesitant about the champagne dial but now I think it may be one of GS’s best. It looks anywhere from ivory to silver to a gold depending on the light.

22k and 24k gold is way too fragile and prone to scratches and dents and also bends

your rolex gon look like a cartier crash after a couple or years of wear :lol:

22/24k just look like ****. Looks like plated plastic junk jewelry from the 90s.

18k is modern

22k and 24k gold is way too fragile and prone to scratches and dents and also bends

All my jewelry is 18k and even that, specifically my rings, has quite a few scratches if you really inspect them closely. Definitely no dents or anything, just a lot of tiny scratches from almost daily wear.
But realistically speaking, anything 18k that you wear frequently and is prone to coming into contact with surfaces is bound to get scratched up.
18k white gold is a little different because of the rhodium layer that is applied to it every couple months or so. The rhodium layering makes it look brand new every time, along with some extra shine and protection against scratching.
Idk if white gold watches (and by extension rhodium layering them) are even a thing though.

Maybe I'm just clumsy but my chain and bracelets have plenty of scratches too. I don't think it's really something you can avoid unless you go down to 14k or only wear it very sporadically.
Again, all these scratches are only noticeable when you inspect them closely though. It's not really something other people would ever notice.

Last edited:
All my jewelry is 18k and even that, specifically my rings, has quite a few scratches if you really inspect them closely. Definitely no dents or anything, just a lot of tiny scratches from almost daily wear.
But realistically speaking, anything 18k that you wear frequently and is prone to coming into contact with surfaces is bound to get scratched up.
18k white gold is a little different because of the rhodium layer that is applied to it every couple months or so. The rhodium layering makes it look brand new every time, along with some extra shine and protection against scratching.
Idk if white gold watches (and by extension rhodium layering them) are even a thing though.

Maybe I'm just clumsy but my chain and bracelets have plenty of scratches too. I don't think it's really something you can avoid unless you go down to 14k or only wear it very sporadically.
Again, all these scratches are only noticeable when you inspect them closely though. It's not really something other people would ever notice.
I remember the time when 24K/21K was all the buzz because of their value. over time people grew tired of them due to being too malleable. nowadays, 18k is more of a standard although I prefer 14K white gold due to their durability and shine. I still have my ring which I have outgrown from 17 years ago and it has only shown a tiny amount of scratches or dents from years of wear. if it were something around 21K or more, I'm sure it would have ended like an ugly piece of jewelry after 5 years of use.

anything polished and shiny are going to scratch eventually if worn, even steel

its just a matter of how much easier it will scratch and to what degree and how deep

a dirty cloth will scratch a 24k piece much harsher than an 18k version, probably going to look like you wiped it with sandpaper in comparison

but bringing it back to watches, i believe about a decade or so ago, hublot introduced a scratchproof 18k gold by mixing it with ceramic, not sure if they are still utilizing it to this day

Last edited:
very nice

still want to get a panerai in my lifetime

just seems dumb of them to be a diver watch that even has a crown lock but then make the smaller due models only 30m wr :smh:

makes ZERO sense

Speaking of Cartier crash Rolex have yall seen laarvee? :lol:

Anyone ever dealt with Timefactors/Smiths? I’d like to grab a pilot’s watch from them in the next couple of months but I’m hearing releases are sporadic and random?

Anyone ever dealt with Timefactors/Smiths? I’d like to grab a pilot’s watch from them in the next couple of months but I’m hearing releases are sporadic and random?

its like a snkrs drop, first come first serve and sells out in seconds

Back
Top Bottom