The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

All sub owners should be proud of the fact that you're wearing the world's first professional dive watch.

Very interesting article

Last edited:
I keep going back and forth between getting a sub date which is easier to get or waiting for a Batman/blackgirl. Ideally want the gmt but if I get the call for the sub first, it’ll be hard to say no since it’s such a great, iconic watch (just so overowned)

I keep going back and forth between getting a sub date which is easier to get or waiting for a Batman/blackgirl. Ideally want the gmt but if I get the call for the sub first, it’ll be hard to say no since it’s such a great, iconic watch (just so overowned)
A lesson we all learn at some point is never settle especially when it comes to watches. You know what you want wait for it.

A lesson we all learn at some point is never settle especially when it comes to watches. You know what you want wait for it.
Def agree here, only problem is I do like the sub date a lot too. Gonna visit an AD this week and try them both on again to determine which I’d be ok with first.

Even though it’s ubiquitous (at least online) and a “little brother” to the Sub; and I already have a black dial sports watch that I acquired this year (Mark XX)…

I want the Tudor Black Bay 58. It’s just such a perfect size and design for me.

If you plan on owning both, I’d suggest a sub no date. A bit redundant to have both with date functions imo.
I’ve become addicted to the date complication. I actually depend on it to keep track of the calendar but the traditional sub without date is beyond iconic for sure.
Even though it’s ubiquitous (at least online) and a “little brother” to the Sub; and I already have a black dial sports watch that I acquired this year (Mark XX)…

The new GMT is available on Joma and I’ve thought about it. Tudor’s done a great job.

id say its the best blue nodate diver out there? i only say no date because many may prefer the blue sub but thats also only available in white gold and $45k

A31814DA-8735-431C-AEFB-87A9D11510FB.jpeg

The blue BB58 is super clean, but something about the gilt dial warms me. And I’m a sucker for that old school red triangle on the bezel.

In a perfect world, I’d swap my black Mark XX for a blue XX and then get the gilt dial 58.

gilts nice too but yeah i figure you’re not looking for anothe rblack watch after the XX

i prefer the 54 though, pretty much a vintage take with a modern, reliable movement

F483D9DC-57D4-43BC-896C-5973F67DAB75.jpeg

Meh doesn’t matter how owned it is

It’s your personal preference.

I went for a sub because it was classic, looked good with anything and iconic. People called me crazy to get that instead of a Batman which I was offered

hoping for a smaller no date seamaster but it looks like its just a black version of the blue bond limited edition

The black dial SMP is just too damn close to a sub to me. It’s half the price so I get the logic of buying one, but there’s nothing that draws me into it as an original dial or piece. Planet Ocean and Aqua Terra do it for me more (or the different color dials for the SMP).

Bert. Bert. picking the sub over a Batman is a wild idea but I get it. Sub is more subtle and easier to wear in a lot of ways. The GMT could be louder and more pronounced. I went to another AD and only asked for the sub, I do like how I could make that a daily driver if I wanted and could wear it with anything at any point.

HS reunion last night. IMG_1130.jpeg

Now that I look at it, the Date Just looks off. Rolex experts what do you think?

Last edited:
The black dial SMP is just too damn close to a sub to me. It’s half the price so I get the logic of buying one, but there’s nothing that draws me into it as an original dial or piece. Planet Ocean and Aqua Terra do it for me more (or the different color dials for the SMP).

Bert. Bert. picking the sub over a Batman is a wild idea but I get it. Sub is more subtle and easier to wear in a lot of ways. The GMT could be louder and more pronounced. I went to another AD and only asked for the sub, I do like how I could make that a daily driver if I wanted and could wear it with anything at any point.
Wild to most yes but I’ve always wanted a sub

Batman is cool but it’s a hyped watch and the price was up there. Went with what I wanted the most since I first seen it in my younger days

Next is Pepsi hopefully then I’m done :lol: but with my luck it’ll get discontinued. I don’t think I’d even take a Batman right now either tbh

Back
Top Bottom