The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Case Case Sorry, I missed your posed earlier. I got it for $125-$130 from Amazon. It's a nice little general purpose watch. You have to wind it everyday which I like.

Last edited:
Case Case Sorry, I missed your posed earlier. I got it for $125-$130 from Amazon. It's a nice little general purpose watch. You have to wind it everyday which I like.

Thank you for the info..Gonna have to do some Amazon searching..

new joint for me.
14352934221_7224ec4084_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just copped an orient mako xl, got an awesome deal at $90 shipped. Rolli nice seiko up there brother

I've been looking into buying another nice watch, what watch & brand y'all rocking with?

s/n: I'm a sucka for blk, rose gold & white gold

Anyone here ever heard or bought a Skagen watch? I just saw one and was wondering if anyone on here has any impressions of them.

Anyone here ever heard or bought a Skagen watch? I just saw one and was wondering if anyone on here has any impressions of them.

Decent watch for the price (sub $100). I would not pay over that. I listed some recommendations in the second post of this thread, might give you an idea of other watches around that price point.

Considering an Omega Speedmaster as my next watch - anyone here have one? Experiences?

Also, if you do have one - what other piece did you consider before buying?

Decent watch for the price (sub $100). I would not pay over that. I listed some recommendations in the second post of this thread, might give you an idea of other watches around that price point.
Oh yea I saw the list and I saw it wasn't on there. That is why I asked about it. I might just roll with this Seiko or Eco-Drive instead that I am seeing. I am looking for a nice brown leather strap watch since I can't wear black/gun metal finish with everything like I wish I could 
laugh.gif

Considering an Omega Speedmaster as my next watch - anyone here have one? Experiences?

Also, if you do have one - what other piece did you consider before buying?

I am also considering getting an Omega Speedmaster (Moonie) 3570.50.00. version. Its the Mechanical Chrono version like the one worn on the moon with the hexalite crystal. Tons of history and not overly overpriced for a watch with a ton of wrist recognition. Omega does offer other movements for the Speedmaster as well.

Around that price point, I would consider the Hamilton Pan Europ, Stowa 1938, Tudor Black Bay/Pelagos, Breitling Super Ocean Heritage, Longines Column Wheel Chrono, Tag Heuer Monaco, Omega PO, Omega Seamaster.

Oh yea I saw the list and I saw it wasn't on there. That is why I asked about it. I might just roll with this Seiko or Eco-Drive instead that I am seeing. I am looking for a nice brown leather strap watch since I can't wear black/gun metal finish with everything like I wish I could :lol:

Seiko or Citizen is great for a budget watch. Check out the more conservative Bulovas as well. Just remember to get get a watch with standard lugs and you should be able to switch to whatever band you want, better if the lugs are even numbered ones.

@Franco23x that new version of the Nighthawk is really nice. But when I tried it on, I legit could not read the time while I was wearing it.

The new Skyhawk is nice as hell, any info if they upgraded the crystal to sapphire or are they still using the mineral crystals?

Edit - anyone know how to get the @username to turn red?

@JYabbz  If you are in rich text mode then just use the "@" and start typing someone's name. If you are int he default editor mode, or on mobile, then I believe there is a button you have to hit and it will embed it for you.

[@,] {Name goes here} [/@,]

Just take out the commas in the [brackets]

Last edited:
Anyone know the quality on Nixon The Big Player such as the one in the picture? I'm feeling the shape of the face and the simplicity, not sure if its worth the $250 though.

I have a Nixon Sentry with a leather band.  Looking for a good quality watch with a metal band, preferably gold.  

Might be a dumb question but I recieved my Orient Mako, it hasn't been worn for a while so it is not moving/ticking,do I just need to put the watch on and it will wind up through wear or do I need to have it manually wound? Any help appreciated

Back
Top Bottom