The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Holy ****! Never imagined it would get that high…

HULK SMASH

Attachments

• EB71BD50-C39C-4A44-AA80-16B5664E4DFA.jpeg
    EB71BD50-C39C-4A44-AA80-16B5664E4DFA.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 296
im convinced im never gon get a call for the explorer 36 :smh:

people are suppose to hate the dropping back in size to 36mm

I like that Seiko but the lack of a screw down crown and no sapphire make me reluctant to pull the trigger. I guess to get an 'office' GMT for under $500 you have to cut corners some where.

im convinced im never gon get a call for the explorer 36 :smh:

people are suppose to hate the dropping back in size to 36mm
How long have you been waiting? just got a call Friday to see if I was still interested in the datejust I “singed up for” and was told I was the next up...... I’ve been wanting for 6 weeks now.

How long have you been waiting? just got a call Friday to see if I was still interested in the datejust I “singed up for” and was told I was the next up...... I’ve been wanting for 6 weeks now.

since its announcement last year and ive bought half a dozen watches from this AD since - two BB58, 3 GS, Zenith Revival

its one of those things that these dealers says create a ”relationship” but you’re still in their mercy and theres not much i can do about it and you really just dont know

i am happy with the watches i got but its not like they were doing me a favor by selling me those watches, discount was minimal and they werent hard to get (i could literally go to grand seiko website and buy those 3 watches direct, same with the zenith)

a more recent example, i was told i am first on the pelagos 39 (literally DM’d and texted her when it was announced super early) but i havent gotten the call and all ADs has gotten their first and second stock in so its impossible that not a single one has passed through their store, so i guess im not the first

just getting sick and tired, i really am very happy that my fellow NTers are getting the call for daytonas, hulks, tiffanys, etc… but i cant help and get slaty that i cant even get a damn explorer 36

just getting sick and tired, i really am very happy that my fellow NTers are getting the call for daytonas, hulks, tiffanys, etc… but i cant help and get slaty that i cant even get a damn explorer 36

I feel your pain bro.

rfx45 rfx45

Kick them to the curb my man…They clearly don’t care about you even with the purchases you’ve made over the past year…Find yourself another AD…

rfx45 rfx45

Kick them to the curb my man…They clearly don’t care about you even with the purchases you’ve made over the past year…Find yourself another AD…

i think im just not gon buy from them for now unless they call for an exp36 or pel39

sad to say but i feel like ive “invested” to much already on this relationship to simply walk away now

i did buy the speedmaster elsewhere because they wouldnt budge on the price

I feel your pain bro.

1664926806275.jpeg

For what it’s worth, I had been waiting for two years prior to the call from the AD yesterday.

i think im just not gon buy from them for now unless they call for an exp36 or pel39

sad to say but i feel like ive “invested” to much already on this relationship to simply walk away now

i did buy the speedmaster elsewhere because they wouldnt budge on the price

1664926806275.jpeg
Man if they wouldn’t move on the Speedy price then I already don’t trust them…

My AD calls me from time to time with DJ’s and such…I’ll let you know if they drop the Explorer in my lap…You can get it if they do…

For what it’s worth, I had been waiting for two years prior to the call from the AD yesterday.

thats great for the hulk though because thats been going fo r$30k the past year

when i go to different, ADs, daytona, hulk, gmts, skydwellers, subs, etc…. they all scoff when i inquire but when i say explorer 36, all of them are “yeah, i got you” because it suppose to be the least demanded

Man if they wouldn’t move on the Speedy price then I already don’t trust them…

My AD calls me from time to time with DJ’s and such…I’ll let you know if they drop the Explorer in my lap…You can get it if they do…

not to defend the AD but i understand it on the speedy, they couldnt keep em in stock (i was never able to try em on in their store) and they really couldnt match since i bought out of state which gave me a good discount on top of no tax

i actually had to wait for the out of state AD to give it to me at a discount too because when it was first announced, they didnt want to give me any either because its not readily available yet

I like that Seiko but the lack of a screw down crown and no sapphire make me reluctant to pull the trigger. I guess to get an 'office' GMT for under $500 you have to cut corners some where.
Lack of screw down crown and friction bezel are my biggest gripes. You can get them below retail at the moment. For the $380 I paid, it’s essentially an office GMT SKX that I can beat up and not worry about.

Lack of screw down crown and friction bezel are my biggest gripes. You can get them below retail at the moment. For the $380 I paid, it’s essentially an office GMT SKX that I can beat up and not worry about.

$380 for that watch is a great price. May I ask where you got it?

Back
Top Bottom