The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

let us know how it turns out

theyre looking good

waiting for their rubber option for the santos too, hopefully the prx is the first step

Is a screw down crown really that big a deal to you guys?

When I was reading/watching reviews before I bought my 5KX the lack of a screw down crown was one of the top gripes.

It's still rated for 100M water resistance and I have no doubts it would survive a dip in the pool or even a swim in the ocean. If anything I appreciate the lack of a screw down crown; makes it easier to adjust the time/date if need be.

it helps but it really shouldn’t matter, its all about the seals on the watch

i think its main purpose is to prevents the crown from being pulled accidentally when underwater because then that would let the water in

people whine about the daytona having the chrono pushers screwed down too but pushing those by accident are easier too and not to mention there are dumb people out there who wants to operate their watch underwater anyways because most dont really read or look up information on the watch

thats great for the hulk though because thats been going fo r$30k the past year

when i go to different, ADs, daytona, hulk, gmts, skydwellers, subs, etc…. they all scoff when i inquire but when i say explorer 36, all of them are “yeah, i got you” because it suppose to be the least demanded

not to defend the AD but i understand it on the speedy, they couldnt keep em in stock (i was never able to try em on in their store) and they really couldnt match since i bought out of state which gave me a good discount on top of no tax

i actually had to wait for the out of state AD to give it to me at a discount too because when it was first announced, they didnt want to give me any either because its not readily available yet

It'll be a year later this month since I put my name on the waiting list for the Explorer 2 Polar (226570). I sent the AD an E-Mail (I got her business card) this week but no reply. I'm thinking about dropping by to inquire but I also don't want to be pressured to buy anything else. The wait continues...

Might have to get that prx

All I wear is my sub and want another Rolex but might get that to wear in between and give my sub a break :lol:

It'll be a year later this month since I put my name on the waiting list for the Explorer 2 Polar (226570). I sent the AD an E-Mail (I got her business card) this week but no reply. I'm thinking about dropping by to inquire but I also don't want to be pressured to buy anything else. The wait continues...
I’d drop by but don’t let them pressure you. A friend got a polar Explorer II earlier this year - no purchase history with this particular AD. It was a quick 3 month wait. He just popped in regularly and chummed it up with his sales rep. Obviously situations vary but it might help.

i definitely think you got a better chance if you stop by, they think you’re more serious and not just some reseller

then again, what do i know, i cant even get a damn explorer :lol: 😥

Might have to get that prx

All I wear is my sub and want another Rolex but might get that to wear in between and give my sub a break :lol:
R.9ea94429fac173b6c276ca0321b4a58e

im convinced im never gon get a call for the explorer 36 :smh:

people are suppose to hate the dropping back in size to 36mm

im fully back in love with 36mm Rolex.

I bought a 36mm daydate cheap from a friend, got it serviced and have been rocking it. (Kind of a beater since I paid so cheap) but I have grown fond of the size and am pursuing a few more smaller sized pieces now.

40BAB62D-4EF8-4625-9C3E-DA6DCECAA54D.jpeg

In February, I put myself on the waiting list for the Harrods X Tudor Black Bay. I got the call in early September. I asked the AD if they could hold it for an extra couple of weeks, since I would be in town for business. They kindly agreed!

tempImageHgLSFo.png
tempImage39QJTe.png

I’m turning thirty pretty soon and want to get myself a nice timepiece my budget is about 1k give or take. What would y’all recommend?

Recently found 2 of my grandpas watches. Any info on these? I would like to get them fixed and cleaned to be worn again. Would any watch store do or is there a specific place I would need to take them?

Attachments

• F3F722CC-347F-4168-8C05-CBC80D06D08A.jpeg
    F3F722CC-347F-4168-8C05-CBC80D06D08A.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1F1767B4-3C51-4942-A6D9-4D3221FD097E.jpeg
    1F1767B4-3C51-4942-A6D9-4D3221FD097E.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 397
it looks like it’d be both, considering they have a countdown on the site and questions for each drop number hinting at what watch it is.

Both have been down.

Update: dropped by the AD just now and spoke with the same sales associate from 1 year ago. She says that they have completely no idea what, when and how many pieces Rolex will send them. So obviously they couldn't give me a time frame on the Explorer 2 Polar. It was a short chat, and she seemed to appreciate that I personally dropped by. Also, I mentioned my previous follow-ups and she appeared to remember.

In short, it's "Don't call us, we'll call you".

Back
Top Bottom