The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Kind of wished they went with the sword hands for this one but 🤷‍♂️…Smaller case size would’ve also been nice but beggars can’t be choosers…

From what my Omega SA was saying, a variation of this one will be the standard SMP model with a few tweaks starting next year…

Last edited:
its really a nice touch especially removing the date

just wish it size was brought down and even at 14mm+ thick and $2k premium, id cop

The sword hands have to come back. It's arguably the largest issue aside from the helium escape valve. And with the talk of the 2254.50 update being quite popular it's a matter of time.

The sword hands have to come back. It's arguably the largest issue aside from the helium escape valve. And with the talk of the 2254.50 update being quite popular it's a matter of time.

For sure…

If this one had the sword hands and a matte black dial (minus the waves) I’d be at my AD right now putting down my deposit…As is I’m just going to hold off for when that 2254 day actually happens…

Last edited:
For sure…

If this one had the sword hands and a matte black dial I’d be at my AD right now putting down my deposit…As is I’m just going to hold off for when that 2254 day actually happens…
I've been so close to pulling the trigger on the 2254 but part of me feels like it's coming soon. If they gave us this kind of dial with the tight wave pattern, sword hands, modernised lumed bezel, 12-13.5mm thickness, applied markers and a new tapering version of the bond bracelet they would have a Sub killer on their hands.

Last edited:
honestly, they can keep everything as is and just get rid of the helium escape valve and date. i have no issues with the waves and i can live with the hands.

I'm sure the ID Guy had a video where he had remade the 2254 but I'm not sure it's still up. Adding to that there was an Instagram account dixanwatches that did some mockups of a modern 2254, I went to look for the account and it was gone. I then tried to find still to find the mockups and the only place I found them was on the omegaforums, from the same user. I then checked the account and the last time it was active was about a month after the images dropped. A good way to generate interest in a potential new model maybe...
1.jpg
2.jpg

Jenni is better but....

I've been so close to pulling the trigger on the 2254 but part of me feels like it's coming soon. If they gave us this kind of dial with the tight wave pattern, sword hands, modernised lumed bezel, 12-13.5mm thickness, applied markers and a new tapering version of the bond bracelet they would have a Sub killer on their hands.

2254 is THE Omega Mil-Spec watch…While the PO (the Gen-1 in particular) is the marketed successor to the original SM300, the 2254 was always the spiritual successor to those 60’s divers…It would be nice if they leaned into the 2254 to celebrate the anniversary of the 300 next year…Mil-Spec is quickly becoming the popular trend with watches, thanks to Tudor, and we all know Omega is hardly the brand to miss out on a trend in the watch world…Revisiting the 2254 would absolutely put them in line with that if done right…

As far as modern divers, again, Tudor is clearly the front runner with the Pelagos 39 and obviously the FXD…Most don’t realize but that was Omega back in the early 2000’s and that’s because of the 2254…When I visit home, I still kick around with a couple of buddies who served around that time who still have their 2254’s (and 1 Quartz Bond)…The Omega SMP was the cheap-ish luxury tool watch that you could beat the **** out of and it would keep right on ticking…Omega needs to get back in that groove and there’s no better place to start than with a modernized 2254…Gives me hope with pieces like the Bond 60th and of course the NTTD…

Rolex are now entered the pre-owned market.

"Hot off the press is the news that Rolex has launched the “Rolex Certified Pre-Owned” program, offering customers the opportunity to purchase from its official retailers pre-owned watches that are certified as authentic and guaranteed by the brand. In this article, we look at the specifics Rolex provided about its new pre-owned program and highlight those pressing details we are yet to know more about. Rolex Certified Pre-Owned watches will initially be available at Bucherer boutiques in six countries — Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France, Denmark, and the UK — from the start of December 2022. Other Official Rolex Retailers who choose to be part of this program will be able to do so from spring 2023"

I wonder if prices are going to reflect the market or something closer to the original price. Also if they are struggling to make enough watches as it is, how are they going handle servicing the secondhand pieces they will be getting in.

Attachments

• Rolex-Certified-Pre-Owned-Seal-Authenticity-Used-Rolex-Watch-2-1024x461.jpg
    Rolex-Certified-Pre-Owned-Seal-Authenticity-Used-Rolex-Watch-2-1024x461.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Looks like market rate+

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201_115155_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201_115155_Samsung Internet.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20221201_115215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201_115215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 243
Surprised Rolex would even do such a thing.

Come buy a pre owned watch for double msrp… 🤦🏻‍♂️

6A9D424D-C5FB-45BB-B8DD-DF1DFDC4C2CA.jpeg

A very interesting take that I didn’t think of.

Watches are only going to get more expensive as watchmakers slowly dwindle away.

Idk to me it feels like Rolex is just trying to stay “involved”. Production numbers are low, so all they’re really doing is servicing the watches that are sent in. This CPO program is just another way to generate some revenue while giving the less informed/more cautious consumer some confidence in buying a second hand piece. No different than cars really. Some just aren’t willing to buy second hand from a random used car dealer, but will pay the premium for CPO.

But the difference is that I’m not worried I’m buying a fake Toyota Tacoma or fake Lamborghini.

As someone less informed, this is interesting to me because of availability and also the fact I know it’s legitimate. If it’s warrantied at all, even better.

New strap on the Khaki King

Attachments

• CAFFC393-92EF-46F0-9F51-984365B81721.jpeg
    CAFFC393-92EF-46F0-9F51-984365B81721.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 40
  • E68A0205-7A64-4C08-AB33-68CE48A8459B.jpeg
    E68A0205-7A64-4C08-AB33-68CE48A8459B.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DCEC34A3-6968-44F7-BA5F-04F291E2EAA0.jpeg
    DCEC34A3-6968-44F7-BA5F-04F291E2EAA0.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 179
  • C11148F5-1A99-4739-93C7-386DDCCF8FA6.jpeg
    C11148F5-1A99-4739-93C7-386DDCCF8FA6.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 180
But the difference is that I’m not worried I’m buying a fake Toyota Tacoma or fake Lamborghini.

As someone less informed, this is interesting to me because of availability and also the fact I know it’s legitimate. If it’s warrantied at all, even better.

And that’s ok. There is a market for this, bc of the different types of consumers. I just think that people should do their due diligence, so they don’t get got. Buying CPO doesn’t necessarily make it better than non certified. The prices they are charging is absurd.

It's chunky but I like it. With the Mayer and now this, think I'm good on gshock.

20221203_105442~2.jpg
20221203_105326~2.jpg

🔥🔥🔥

I was thinking about getting the black one but talked myself out of it…My Undefeated 6900 is still going strong after all these years and I never saw the need to have more than one G-Shock at any given time…Maybe if they’d gone with a solar model that would’ve been enough to push me over the edge…Regardless this one looks great…

Just getting caught up…Rolex really jumped on the resell market ?!?

Brand new pieces are never going to be available for walk ins ever again :lol:…They’ll just slap that pre-owned tag in them then charge triple “retail”…

Back
Top Bottom