The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

do it.gif

rolex doesnt really have any online authorized dealers

i think theyve even banned selling outside the stores state

so if you want new and retail, just gon have to go to a boutique and ad and inquire

rolex doesnt really have any online authorized dealers

i think theyve even banned selling outside the stores state

so if you want new and retail, just gon have to go to a boutique and ad and inquire

is it something wrong with buying from online retailers?

absolutely nothing wrong as long as you do your assignment so you get an authentic watch from a legit seller

and realize that they are not a rolex authorized dealer

Walked by a local AD today, and they had this in the window. It’s pre owned and quartz, so I had no interest in even asking how much. Haven’t seen a Patek there ever. I wonder what they traded in for…

C824101F-7443-45B4-843B-D85E017FA474.jpeg
I see Rolex 226570 there in the back row...maybe the AD calls me this year and I can pick it up 🤞

So im going to assume I cant just walk into my local AD and find a pre-owned two tone Datejust 41 with a jubilee bracelet..

i wanna get myself the new zentih defy skyline for work but idk if the 41 mm too much for my skinny wrist

about to pull the trigger on my first rolex

Datejust 41
two tone jubilee bracelet
fluted bezel

$13k

Im a little nervous and apprehensive about spending that much money on a watch
Best piece of advice I can give...Is TAKE YOUR TIME and research to death. Don't go rushing in on a purchase especially at the amount you are looking to spend. Its becoming a buyers market currently and most likely will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

Best piece of advice I can give...Is TAKE YOUR TIME and research to death. Don't go rushing in on a purchase especially at the amount you are looking to spend. Its becoming a buyers market currently and most likely will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

my SA been posting a lot of tt datejust in both 36mm and 41mm so people are passing on them for sure

she even posted the blue wg sub, i hesitated for a sec because i prefer a no date but by the time i texted her it was spoken for

D50D5778-E3A7-4F60-A4B1-0108AED510D8.png

If my budget was $20k for a Rollie I would be...
A. Making a vacation around going to Paris and copping on site (I believe the Euro is still down so you are getting it on the disco. No guarantees they have a Batgirl though)
B. Pulling up in-person like ballinsam23 ballinsam23 mentioned to the diamond district or booths

I just wouldn't feel comfortable wiring something that high without having it verified in-hand.
I've been browsing casually/waiting for the market to cool down to cop what will be my first Rollie. I'm set on a used two tone Date Just, prefer 41 but open to 36 depending on price and condition. Budget is 5500-6k USD (hence used).

With that being said, I've really only thought about copping stateside but with work I'm in Paris a couple times a year and it would be easy to get out there. Anyone have experience with the used market out there? Any specific shops/sites yall can suggest?

Back
Top Bottom